You have something in common with the smartest people in the world. You see, everyone has ideas. We use our minds to create something original, whether its a poem, a drawing, a song or a scientific paper. Some of the most important ideas are publishe

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2011年

Guess what, Grandfather? Benny was bursting with news at dinner that night. James Alden was helping himself to some of Mrs. McGregors creamed chicken. He looked puzzled, but only for a moment. I bet you found a mystery to solve, he said, turning to h

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 87 The Mystery of the Spider's

Americans Choose Their Favorite Poems Welcome to This Is America with VOA Learning English. This week, we bring you some of the poems that Americans like best. April is National Poetry Month in the United States. The Academy of American Poets started

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Jack opened his eyesMorning light filled the tree house. He and Anniewere wearing their own clothes again. Home, said Annie, smiling. Jack looked out thewindow. He saw their nice, cozy house in the distance, theirlawn, their sidewalk, their paved str

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

I don't want Stuart to get a lot of notions in his head, said Mr. Little. 我不想让斯图亚特因此而想得太多,利特尔先生说。 I should feel badly to have my son grow up fearing that a farmer's wife was going to cut off his tail with

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 精灵鼠小弟

Eye halve a spelling checkerIt came with my pea sea.In this poem some words have been substituted by homophones - words with the same sound but different spelling. It proves that computer spelling checkers are not infallible! Eye Halve a Spelling Che

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

American writer W.S. Merwin has been named by the Librarian of Congress as the nation's 17th Poet Laureate. The honor tops Merwin's long list of achievements, which includes over 50 volumes of poetry, prose, criticism and translation, two Pulitzer Pr

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十二)月

I'm Steve Ember. BARBARA KLEIN: And I'm Barbara Klein with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about the award-winning poet and writer Lucille Clifton. Critics call her one of the greatest writers of our time. (MUSIC) STEVE EMBER:

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(四)月

U.S. Poet Laureate Natasha Trethewey Gets Second Term娜塔莎崔德威连任美国桂冠诗人 Hello again, and welcome back for more As It Is. Im June Simms with VOA Learning English. Today, we hear about Natasha Tretheways appointment to a second

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Americans Chose Their Favorite Poems 美国人最喜欢的诗歌 From VOA Learning English, welcome to This is America. I'm Steve Ember. April is National Poetry Month, and this week, Kelly Jean Kelly brings us some of the poems that Americans like b

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(四)月

KELLY MCEVERS, HOST: And sometimes children's books tell you everything you need to know. MATT DE LA PENA: (Reading) In the beginning, there is light and two wide-eyed figures standing near the foot of your bed. And the sound of their voices is love.

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: Pictures can be poems and vice versa, feelings captured in a phrase, a stroke or an image. Leonardo da Vinci said, painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen. Lee Bennett H

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台3月

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: Next week, high school students from all over the country will meet in Washington, D.C., to recite poems. It's for a national competition called Poetry Out Loud. The state champion from Maine has been barred from the contest becaus

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

'A Poem For Peter' Recalls One Unforgettable 'Snowy Day' play pause stop mute unmute max volume 00:0003:44repeat repeat off Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

RAY SUAREZ, HOST: Now let's take a moment to appreciate some of the poetry that's been coming in this month as part of our celebration of National Poetry Month. We've been asking you, our listeners, to tweet 140-character-or-less poems using the hash

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: There's been a lot of division in our country as of late, with a lot of words thrown around that pull us apart. We wanted to spend a few minutes now thinking about how words do something different - how they bring us together. An

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

Voice 1 Hello. Im Marina Santee. Voice 2 And Im Rachel Hobson. Welcome to Spotlight. This programme uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 3 Happy are the pe

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

'The Fire This Time': A New Generation Of Writers On Race In America AUDIE CORNISH, HOST: In 1963, James Baldwin gave voice to the black American experience of his generation in his essay collection The Fire Next Time. Writer Jesmyn Ward first read t

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

Chinese President Xi Jinping is hailing the role of Confucius Institutes for its contribution to promoting cultural exchanges with foreign countries. President Xi made the remarks while addressing an opening ceremony of an annual meeting of Confucius

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: When was the last time a kid in your life said something that just got you in your gut? I bet it wasn't that long ago - a well-placed I love you in the middle of a stressful day, an unsolicited hug when you needed one most. We ar

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年NPR美国国家公共电台1月