Thisis your castle? said Jack. Basho smiled. In my heart, my humble cottage isgrander than all the castles of the samurai, heexplained. And my banana tree is more beautiful tome than all the beauty of the Imperial Garden.Jack and Annie stared at the

发表于:2018-12-10 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

Jack froze. Basho stepped forward. When the two samurai sawhim, they bowed. Good afternoon, Master, one said. Good afternoon, said Basho. These are mystudents, Koto and Baku. I am afraid they left theirpassports at home today.They are your students?

发表于:2018-12-10 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

Voice 1 Thank you for joining us for Spotlight! Im Rebekah Schipper. Voice 2 And Im Liz Waid. Voice 3 It is Born Here I came to the very edge where nothing at all needs saying, everything is absorbed* through weather and the sea, and the moon swam ba

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

Dialogue: Simon Cowell:Okay, and whatsyour name sir? 评委:好的,请问您的名字? XG:My name is Xiao Gao. 小高:我叫小高 Simon Cowell:What song are you going to sing? 评委:你打算唱什么歌? XG:I'm gonna sing Over

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

听力文本: 评委:好的,请问您的名字? 小高:我叫小高 评委:你打算唱什么歌? 小高:我准备的歌曲是:over the rainbow, 我准备好了。(开始唱) 评委:对不起,小高,我必须打断你,你没

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

There is a look. Don't tell me. You've died and come back as a bat with a perm . This Hindu Yoga position increases blood flow to the brain, thus maximizing concentration and cognitive performance. It's also quite a rush. I am so nervous. You? My pal

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 听美剧学英语-《淘小子看世界》

VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Phoebe Zimmermann with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about Walt Whitman, one of America's greatest poets. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: A drawing of Walt Whitman In the Nineteenth Centu

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(四)月

New York City Program Teaches Children to Write and Enjoy Poetry Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC from VOA Learning English. Im June Simms. Today we hear songs from country music star George Jones. We also tell about a Maryland group that is helping older

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Palestinian-American Poet Bridges 2 Cultures Naomi Shihab Nye is an award-winning Palestinian-American poet who has written or edited nearly 30 books and published five collections of poems for both adults and young people. For Naomi Shihab Nye, poet

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(五月)

Poet Rupi Kaur: 'Art Should Be Accessible To The Masses' DAVID GREENE, HOST: Rupi Kaur has been called the pop star of poetry. She's 24 years old. And she's famous for these raw, minimalist poems she posts on Instagram to more than a million and a ha

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

'Just As True': Johnny Cash's Poems Set To Music For New Album SCOTT DETROW, HOST: When Johnny Cash died almost 15 years ago, he left behind a trove of unpublished poems, handwritten letters and other writing. Now an all-star group of musicians has s

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: When did you start to write poetry? HENRY MORGENTHAU III: It's a very delayed vocation, I would say. I was in my early 90s when I started. SIMON: (Laughter). MORGENTHAU: And now I'm - I've hit the three-digit line. SIMON: Well - an

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

MICHEL MARTIN, HOST: Now we're going to get some more of your Twitter poetry submissions. All this month, we're inviting you to send us your original poems of 140 characters or less. This week - quite a few have had what I suppose you could call poli

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

'Moonlight': A Cinematic Poem Of Love, Loneliness And Coming Out play pause stop mute unmute max volume 00:0002:43repeat repeat off Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: Alice Walker has a new collection of poems, nearly 70, about issues of the world and in her own backyard. The Pulitzer Prize and National Book Award-winning author of The Color Purple, The Temple Of My Familiar and many other belov

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

I have been trying to get up the nerve to ask my girlfriend to marry me. We have been dating for almost a year and I think shes the one . I went shopping for engagement rings and really hated the experience. I wasnt sure what kind of ring shed like a

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

The indelible images of Caroline Kennedy childhood,the little girl in the white house,hiding under her father's death,sitting beside her mother in bed.And if you look closely,there is often something else,books,many things,feel good poetry. My mother

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2013年

By Rebecca Ward Washington, D.C. 21 November 2007 Once upon a time when the world was still considered flat and Britain was not even England yet there lived a story so wonderful that it continues to be told today. VOA's Rebecca Ward has more on the e

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十一月)

LULU GARCIA-NAVARRO, HOST: Hollie McNish is a British poet and a spoken word artist whose videos have millions of views on YouTube, like this one, entitled Embarrassed, about all the flak that McNish got for breastfeeding her daughter in public. (SOU

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: A poet once said, there's a lot of love around us. But if our hearts aren't open, we won't see it. That poet is Kwame Alexander. And he is here with us on MORNING EDITION to celebrate Valentine's Day. Hey, Kwame. KWAME ALEXANDER:

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年NPR美国国家公共电台2月