Im Barney Smith, I live here now in Alamo Heights, Texas, and I have got a toilet seat art museum, I have got 857 toilet seats in here, I want you to see them, I want you to come and visit. Ive got all 51 license plates and whenever a person comes in

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

Unit 4 A Garden of poems SPEAKING EXAMPLE: A:I'm interested to read some Romantic poetry about love and friendship. B:Why are you interested in that kind of poetry? A:Because I think Romantic poetry is about real passion. B:I see. What kind of poetry

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(205) / 评论(0) 分类 高中英语高二课本听力

Stevie Nicks Earning Praise for New Solo Album 'In Your Dreams' Many critics and fans are calling Stevie Nicks' new album the best of her solo career. The title track of Stevie Nicks' new album, In Your Dreams, is one of seven songs she wrote with th

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(六月)

In his younger days, Michael Oatman was educated on the streets and in bars and strip clubs. Now, the Ohio writer believes the education he's getting in college classrooms has opened doors to a better life. From NPR news, this is weekend edition. I'

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

Robert struggles through the crowd Robert: Whew! I had to wait for almost an hour to get to the front of the line. Master Li: You have much patience. Robert: Wow! Your calligraphy is very beautiful. It was worth the wait! Master Li: Thank you. Today

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Topic 1-Problems with deposits When renting an apartment, renting a shared bike, or even when you check into a hospital for inpatient treatment, you need to put down a deposit. This common practice is commerce can bring problems such as disputes over

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Actually I saw something in--in the paper last week about Kermit the Frog giving a commencement address somewhere. One of the studens was complaining, I worked my ass off for four years to be addressed by a sock? You have worked your ass off for this

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

[00:00.00]My First Poem 我写的第一首诗 [00:05.73]When I was eight, I wrote my first poem. [00:09.01]My mother read the little poem and poured out her praise. [00:12.75]Why, this poem was nothing short of genius! [00:15.80]This evening when my father

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 语言的力量

It was decided that louse was the best substitute for mouse, 决定了虱子是最合适的替代老鼠的词以后, and so when Christmas came around Mrs. Little carefully rubbed out the word mouse from the poem and wrote in the word louse, 当圣诞

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 精灵鼠小弟

Despite the often raw intensity of his poetry, Robert Pinsky, a lanky, handsome man in his seventies, has the relaxed air of a jazz musician as he prepares to read an excerpt from his long poem History of My Heart. The poet explains that the work re-

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(一月)

DOUG JOHNSON: Welcome to American Mosaic in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) Im Doug Johnson. Today, music by Sahara Smith. And we answer a question about the Statue of Liberty. But first, a visit to the Robert Frost Farm in New Hampshire, where the harv

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Lesson 70 Knock off 1.What time do you knock off ? 2.I want to meet you when we knock off . 3.Don't knock the lady off her bike . 4.I knocked the glass off the table by accident . 5.You ought to knock off for a day or two . 6.Can you knock off a poem

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛口语初级版

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: What are the different ways that Americans protest? Our co-host Rachel Martin has been asking. RACHEL MARTIN, BYLINE: Here's Martin Luther King Jr. in 1955 in Montgomery, Ala. (SOUNDBITE OF ARCHIVED RECORDING) MARTIN LUTHER KING

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

Poetry is a very beautiful thing. I love reading it. Its very clever. Its like reading a painting. The poet paints beautiful scenes and images with just a few words. I think its amazing how the poet can change our feelings so simply, and can make us

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-P

JEFFREY BROWN:And now to the man who will be just the fifth inaugural poet in the nation's history. Richard Blanco was, as he said, made in Cubahe was conceived thereassembled in Spain his mother gave birth to him thereand quickly imported to the Uni

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈娱乐系列

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: National Poetry Month just ended, but, really, when is it ever not time for a poem? MORNING EDITION is teaming with our contributor and poet Kwame Alexander, and we need your help. We need you to submit a poem made of couplets. D

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Anne Muir. Voice 2 And Im Colin Lowther. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand no matter where in the world they live. Voice 3 Of Mans first disobedience, and t

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

When I read a book from my mothers shelves, its not unusual to come across a gap in the text. A paragraph, or maybe just a sentence, has been sliced out, leaving a window in its place, with words from the next page peeping through. The chopped up pag

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Robin Basselin. Voice 2 And Im Ryan Geertsma. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 For fifty years, the govern

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

Voice 1 Hello. Im Rachel Hobson. Voice 2 And Im Ruby Jones. Welcome to Spotlight. This programme uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 Whom do you respect

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight