I Wish I Could believe by C. Day Lewis The best lack all conviction, While the worst are full of passionate intesity. Those two lines of Yeats for me sum up the matter as it stands today when the very currency of belief seems debased. I was brought u

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

Amber: Hello, I'm Amber, and in the programme today we hear about The Poetry Archive - a brilliant new website to stretch your listening skills! The site was launched at the end of last year at the British Library in London. At www.poetryarchive.co.

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 Entertainment

新课标小学英语第九册(一年级起点外研版)Module 5 UNIT 1 It's mine! UNIT 2 Amy's blue dress is wet.

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 外研社新标准小学五年级英语

新课标小学英语第九册(一年级起点外研版)Module 2 UNIT 1 This one is heavy. UNIT 2 They sell different things.

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 外研社新标准小学五年级英语

The first time I saw him I realized I had seen him before ,though exactly why i had not realy seen him before this first time,i do not know. Probably I was too busy with the plot of the story I was writing or a line in a poem I was composing .Yet I h

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(298) / 评论(0) 分类 幸福是一种态度

Christmas in 19th Century America - A Special Holiday Edition of The Making of a Nation 19世纪的美国圣诞节 From VOA Learning English, welcome to The Making of a Nation, our weekly program of American history for people learning American Engli

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

[00:05.80]A:Hello!Could you help me,please? I want to read some poems. [00:12.28]B:Have you read any poetry before? [00:16.04]A:Yes,we read some at school,but I didn't like it very much. [00:22.80]I want to find something nice. [00:27.48]B:There are

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(156) / 评论(0) 分类 人教全日制普通高中英语(必修)高二

Happy New Year! Now, VOA Special English presents a special program for New Years Eve. That is a song millions of Americans will hear this New Years Eve. It is called Auld Lang Syne. It is the traditional music played during the New Years celebration

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(一)月

双元音[əu] 发音要领: [əu]是合口双元音一一舌位:舌头在口中自然放松,[əu]的起始音是[əu],发音时向[u]方向过渡,口形也相应地做一些变化;唇形:由扁平唇转换为圆唇;声带:振动。 技巧提

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 英语国际音标

I have a question. Can a computer write poetry? This is a provocative question. You think about it for a minute, and you suddenly have a bunch of other questions like: What is a computer? What is poetry? What is creativity? But these are questions th

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

6 What kind of concert will the woman go to next Saturday? [A] A jazz concert [B] A light music concert [C] A classical music concert 7 When had the woman better call the man? [A] In the morning before six [B] At noon, twelve to fourteen [C] In the e

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 听听测测

Poetry is a very beautiful thing. I love reading it. Its very clever. Its like reading a painting. The poet paints beautiful scenes and images with just a few words. I think its amazing how the poet can change our feelings so simply, and can make us

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

Robert Frost was perhaps the most popular and beloved of twentieth century American poets. So it is not surprising that six of his poems are included in the book Americans' Favorite Poems. He was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for Poetry four times. He o

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语杂谈

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - Robert Frost, 1874-1963: Most Americans Can Quote His Poems STEVE EMBER: I'm Steve Ember. FAITH LAPIDUS: And I'm Faith Lapidus with PEOPLE IN AMERICA in VOA Special English. Today we finish the story of Robert Frost and his poetry

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(四)月

On Monday morning I wore my green platform boots to school for the first time since I had started at Edison Middle School. 星期一早晨,我穿上了那双绿色的厚底坡跟靴去上学。自从到爱迪生中学上学以来,今天还是我第

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Politicians provoke poet's ire 政治家引起诗人不满 The new poet laureate, Carol Ann Duffy, has chosen to attack politicians in her first composition in the post. Her poem, Politics, published in the Guardian, is a cutting attack on the political worl

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Instead of the usual formal acceptance letters, future college students across China have been impressed by what they have received this summer: delicately designed, hand-crafted admission letters. 与往年那样正式的录取通知书有所不同,

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

In a podcast last week, I talked about a pop group called the Zimmers. The Zimmers are all elderly people, who want to show the world that old people can be fun and creative. A few days ago I found a short poem about being old. It is by Barbara Beule

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语

I have some poetry for you in todays podcast. It is a poem by a woman called Susie Paskins, and it is called How to enter the kitchen. Let me first explain what the poem is about. Susie has a problem. There is a mouse in her kitchen! She knows that t

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语

Soon it will be spring, and the spring flowers will appear in our gardens and in the countryside. Among these will be the daffodils, which are yellow, trumpet shaped flowers, which many people grow in their gardens, but which also grow in the wild. W

发表于:2019-03-01 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语