Employee Pay Raise 员工加薪 Boss: You have done an excellent job this year and we are pleased with the results. 你今年的工作表现不错,我们对你的工作成果非常满意. Employee: I am glad that you have been happy with my performan

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方商务口语

DAVID GREENE, HOST: OK, let's hear now how a Trump presidency could remake one federal program. Medicaid provides health insurance for the poor and disabled. To run the agency that oversees Medicaid and also Medicare, Donald Trump has nominated the a

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

The fruit girl reappears Waitress: Hi, again. Can I get you some more fruit? Ryan: Actually, I don't think I can eat another bite! Waitress: OK. I'll go then. Ryan: Actually, I think we want to pay our bill. Waitress: If you give me your credit card,

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

今天我们要讲两个由鼻子,也就是nose 这个字组成的俗语。鼻子是我们嗅觉和呼吸的工具,是人体的一个重要组成部份。大概也正因为如此,英语里许多常

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

我们今天要讲的几个习惯用语都带有同一个词: nose。各位早就知道nose是鼻子。它在我们的脸上占了引人注目的中心位置,难怪人们会围绕nose这个词组成了不少习惯用语。今天要讲的第一个是

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

It was late February. It was time for Luke to pay his taxes. He gathered his three W-2s. Each W-2 stated his income for each job. Then he gathered his various bills and receipts. He had computer expenses. He had medical expenses. He had transportatio

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

April 15 deadline looms Adam Phillips | New York 14 April 2010 Americans fill out forms at an Internal Revenue Service office in 1920, seven years after the personal income tax was introduced. Related Links NYU Stern School of Business Professor Rich

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(四)月

March is Women's History Month in the United States, an opportunity to examine how far women have come and the areas where there is still work to be done. One of these areas is employment and income, according to a recent report released by the White

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(三月)

A: Can you help me learn about financing options for a used car? B: I would love to help you with what I know. I am assuming that you have a down payment. A: Yes, I already borrowed some money from my parents for the down payment. B: That will work.

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买车

A: I am buying a used car and don't know much about financing it. B: I can help you. Do you have a down payment? A: Yes, I have saved up three thousand dollars for a down payment. B: Good, because you will not be able to get a loan without putting so

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买车

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: Diabetes, high blood pressure and other chronic conditions account for the vast majority of health spending in the U.S. Some health plans are beginning to offer free maintenance care for people with chronic health problems. The hop

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

President Xi Jinping's visit to Cambodia will be his first trip to the Southeast Asian country since he took office. The Chinese president will meet with King Norodom Sihamoni as well as hold talks with Prime Minister Hun Sen. The agenda for the visi

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

German luxury automaker BMW has agreed to pay 5.1 billion yuan (US$820 million) in subsidies to its dealers in China, according to BMW's main Chinese dealership group. The agreement ends months of disagreement over who should bear the brunt of a sign

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年

Chinese Premier Li Keqiang continues his visit to New Zealand. Today he visited the Fisher and Paykel Research Centre, and attended a cultural activity in Auckland. Fisher and Paykel is a well-known household appliance company in New Zealand. In 2012

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(209) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2017年

Local authorities have been briefing the media about the latest from the scene of the Eastern Ship capsize, and head of Jianli county Huang Zhen told the media that the search operation is still ongoing. He said because of Jinalis limited capacity, s

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年

今天我们要学的词是, pay off。 Pay off, 是取得成果的意思。His perseverance finally paid off, 意思是他的坚持不懈终于有了成果。The anti-drug campaign among the city's youth is paying off, 针对城里年轻人展开的

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Workers in homes for intellectually disabled adults are paid just $34 a night for sleeping in the IHC home. IHC used to mean intellectually handicapped children but now it is people with intellectual disabilities, adults and children. If adults canno

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

WASHINGTON, Aug. 24 (Xinhua) -- Online search engine Google Inc. has agreed to pay 500 million U.S. dollars to settle claims that it allowed online Canadian pharmacies to place advertisements targeting consumers in the United States, U.S. Justice Dep

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

WASHINGTON, Jan. 18 (Xinhua) -- Banking giant HSBC has agreed to pay 249 million U.S. dollars to borrowers in a settlement with U.S. federal regulators for its foreclosure abuse practices, U.S. Federal Reserve announced on Friday. The sums paid by HS

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Jeannie, United States speaker I do think professional athletes do make too much money, just by comparison with other professions, for example teachers, who I think are a lot more important with the job that they do. They don't get paid enough and th

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat