A: I am buying a used car and don't know much about financing it. B: I can help you. Do you have a down payment? A: Yes, I have saved up three thousand dollars for a down payment. B: Good, because you will not be able to get a loan without putting so

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 买车-Buying a Car

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: New, astronomically expensive drugs are expected on the market in the next few years. And they could drive up the cost of medicine and health insurance for everyone. NPR's Richard Harris reports. RICHARD HARRIS, BYLINE: These new

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

Alibaba has invested 177 million U.S. dollars into Paytm. [Photo: techweb.com] Alibaba has announced its buying a major stake in Indian e-commerce firm Paytm. Alibaba is investing 177-million into Paytm, giving it a 36-percent stake in the firm. The

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

Jake and Larry are brothers. They used to be friends. They used to talk to each other. But now they aren't friends. Now they don't talk to each other. They have a problem. The problem is money. Jake had borrowed $500 from Larry. Larry had lent $500 t

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

It's taken a lot of patience and perseverance for David Nail to make it in Nashville's competitive Country music industry. The title track from David Nail's debut album, I'm About To Come Alive, is a cover of one of his favorite rock groups, Train. H

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. Anger was the common reaction of Americans this week to bonuses paid at rescued financial companies. Lawmakers held hearings and President Barack Obama denounced the extra pay at American Internationa

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(三)月

Activists Aim Again To Pay Women and Men Equally Activists gathered in New York City this week to call attention to a problem that has existed for a long time: the pay difference between American men and women. The United States Congress took steps t

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Willie and Wynton Pay Tribute to Ray Charles Many consider the late Ray Charles one of the greatest entertainers of all time. Two of his biggest fans are entertainment icons themselves, Willie Nelson and Wynton Marsalis. The pair pay tribute to their

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(四月)

Most restaurants in the United States offer their customers a glass of tap water at no charge with their meal, but this week many restaurants are asking diners to pay a dollar, or more , for a glass of water. Placards on their tables explain that thi

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(三月)

Women Soldiers Pay Price on Front Lines When it comes to fighting on the front lines, Army Staff Sergeant Cassandra Partee has been there and done that. Her first deployment was to Iraq as part of an artillery unit eight years ago. We would go out on

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(三月)

Lesson 100 Pay for 1.You will pay for what you have done . 2.I've already paid for it . 3.I pay for my house by the month . 4.Will you lend me 100 yuan ? 5.Paying taxes is a citizen's duty . 6.Let me pay for the dinner . 7.How much did you pay for th

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛口语初级版

Lesson 46 Pay a Visit 1.I'm going to pay you a visit this afternoon . 2.Have you paid your uncle a visit ? 3.I paid Mr. Wang a visit on my way home . 4.We paid a visit to America last year . 5.My father paid a visit to my teacher last Monday . 6.I ma

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛口语初级版

Lesson 57 Pay Attention to 1.People have begun to pay attention to the control of pollution . 2.He asked his son to pay more attention to his studies . 3.No attention was paid to my advice . 4.Pay attention to the difference between the two words . 5

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛口语初级版

LULU GARCIA-NAVARRO, HOST: This past wildfire season, there were unprecedented amounts of wildfire smoke in communities across western Montana. Instead of just issuing warnings, public health agencies tried something new - actually making the air cle

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: Many state legislatures around this country have a serious human resources problem. Salaries for being a state legislator are relatively low. And as Johnny Kauffman of member station WABE reports, not everybody can afford to do t

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

Lesson 186 Pay for 1. I only paid 200 yuan for it. 2. I'll pay for the dinner. 3. I paid 80,000 yuan for the car. 4. The bunch of flowers is paid for. 5. You'll pay for it some day. 6. I will pay for the record. 7. I will let him pay for his rudeness

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛口语初级版

Chinese President Xi Jinping is scheduled to pay a three-day visit to the Czech Republic, beginning on March 28. It's the first visit by a Chinese head of state to the Czech Republic since the two nations established diplomatic relations 67 years ago

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

DAVID GREENE, HOST: Well, the future of Brexit is uncertain this morning. So is the future for Prime Minister Theresa May. Really, so is the future of Britain. The prime minister is facing a vote of no confidence today. This comes after her governmen

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: Several kinds of people are directly affected by the partial government shutdown. There are federal workers who are furloughed, not being paid. There are federal workers who must work and are also not being paid. They may get bac

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

Topic1-China to Introduce Real-name Registration for Migrant Workers According to a document issued by the State Council, China's cabinet, the country is set to introduce a real-name registration system for migrant workers to better protect their rig

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议