Harry告诉同事Cindy, 他这一天真是倒了血霉了。早上起晚,上班迟到,忘了取送去干洗的西装,所以只好穿着T恤和牛仔裤来公司上班,不仅如此,钱包还被人偷了。 Cindy听后很同情地说, Cindy

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Chapter 2 Sometimes It's Fast and Easy快速、简单的谈判 Dialog 1: In the following dialog,Mike is an honest old-fashioned businessman content to make an honest living.He wants to buy some big screen TV sets to distribute in the US. May has often cont

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 谈判英语

【句子对照】 Timothy is really down-to-earth; if you want some advice, you ought to talk to him. 蒂姆是个很讲求实际的人。如果你需要一些建议,应该和他谈谈。 【关键俚语】 Down-to-earth 英:Someone who is sensi

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

社会行走如歌 A Business Creed 职业信条 To respect my work, my associates and myself. To be honest and fair with them as I expect them to be honest and fair with me. To be a man whose word carries weight. To be a booster, not a knocker; a pu

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 晨读英语美文60篇

研究表明那些诚实的人比那些心理阴暗的人更容易识别出谎话。KH报道。所以诚实有利于培养更好的对人际关系知觉。如果你不相信这个观点,也许你可能只是对自己不够诚实。 When you think o

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

One of the hardest calls I've ever had to make was to tell Larry that I could not accept the job. 于是,我打了有史以来最痛苦的一个电话,告诉拉里我不能接受这份工作。 Larry pressed me on why, and I thought about telling

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 向前一步

The city was built for us 这座城市为我们而建 I just know it 我知道 And ever since I've been lost 我曾迷失了自己 In the morning 在清晨 I wouldn't lie 我不会说谎 I gotta be honest to you 我会对你坦诚 Can't hold me back

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

英语面试口语对话:你认为自己是什么性格的人? (A=Applicant I=Interviewer) Dialogue 1 I:What kind of character do you think you have? A:Generally speaking,l am an open-minded person. I:What is your strongest trait? A:Cheer

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 面试英语

A: You want to argue your ticket today? B: Yes. That is why I'm here. A: Tell me your argument. B: I was pulled over for allegedly speeding. A: Are you sure you weren't speeding? B: To be honest, I really wasn't. A: What speed were you going? B: I wa

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-驾驶

A child's voice, however honest and true, is meaningless to those who have forgotten how to listen. 语音讲解: 单词发音 child /tʃaɪld/ meaningless /ˈmiːnɪŋləs/ forgotten /fəˈɡɒtn/ 连词发音 however honest and true /haʊˈevərˈ

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读

Already run one mile aday? Why not try seven? 你已经在每天一公里长跑了?为什么不试试一天七公里呢? What makes someone uncomfortable depends on the person, but what's universally true is the value of recognizing boundaries and co

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

有机生巧克力优点多多 Chocolate. Some people just can't get enough! But while nutritionists warn the sugar in chocolate is bad for us....doctors point to the beneficial qualities of its antioxidants. Raw, organic chocolate may contain the ri

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2014年8月

There are no honest people anymore, Jesse told his wife. Everyone is after your money. They will lie and cheat just to get your money. His wife said it wasn't that bad. Most people are honest, she said. You just seem to attract the bad ones. Jesse we

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

1. What kind of meat did the woman make for dinner? A. chicken B. beef C. fish 2. She also prepared __________. A. a salad B. baked potatoes C. rice 3. For dessert, she _____________. A. bought a cake B. baked some cookies C. made an apple pie 4. The

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文对话做选择

Honesty means speaking the truth and being fair and upright in act. He who lies and cheats is dishonest; those who gain fortunes not by hard labour but by other means is dishonest. Honesty is a good virtue. If you are honest all the time,you'll be tr

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

讲解文本: impulsive 冲动的,受感情驱使的 She is an impulsive person. We never know what she will do next. 她是个容易冲动的人,我们从来不知道她下一步想做什么。 He is too impulsive to be a reliable partner. 他容

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

OK. Right. 好吧。 Fine. I see. 好,我懂。 Really? Thats interesting. 真的?太有意思了。 To be honest, Id prefer a glass of water. 说真的,我想喝杯水。 Do you mind if I smoke? 你介意我吸烟吗? No problem./Not a

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

每年的英语专业四级考试中,写作都是重要的组成部分,为了更好地应对专四写作,下面就为大家带来英语专四的写作范文,希望能够对考生的写作有所帮助。 诚信如金 Honesty means speaking the

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Idiom: Let alone (utter impossibility of doing something ) Hit the book: Self esteem How do I feel about who I am? Low self-esteem is a negative evaluation of oneself. This type of evaluation usually occurs when some circumstance we encounter in our

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Maybe I give up too easy, maybe I don't fight enough Maybe my heart is afraid of falling in love Maybe I'm too scared to find out what it feels like to hurt Maybe I worry I'll land with my face in the dirt [Chorus:] If I don't try I won't know These

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐