1.Don't Use Adverbs 1.不要用副词 The adverb is not your friend. Adverbs are words that modify verbs, adjectives, or other adverbs. Theyre the ones that usually end in -ly. With adverbs, the writer usually tells us he or she is afraid he/she isnt

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Americans like many people elsewhere in the world like to invite friends to their homes for an evening of food,drink and conversation.Formal dinners in fine homes and hotals in US are much the same as formal dinnersanywhere inthe world.But as most pe

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(164) / 评论(0) 分类 英语专业四级考试指南

You need decent clothes when you go to church. 你去教堂时要穿着得体。 You need decent clothes when you go to church. 你去教堂时要穿着得体。 OK. I will choose something formal. 好吧。我选一套正式的衣服。 When you are

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之商务英语

Partying is fun.But have you ever been invited to a party by a foreigner? What should you wear? Should you bring anything? If so,what? Don't worry. Today we are going to give you some tips about party

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(146) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄中级美国英语

2009 考研英语长难句 7、If humanity has made some headway in realizing that the ultimate value of every institution is its distinctively human effect we may well believe that this lesson has been learned largely through dealings with the young

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语长难句讲解

Write an inquiry letter to ask for more information concerning a product, service or other information about a product or service. These letters are often written in response to an advertisement that we have seen in the paper, a magazine, a commercia

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 天天商务口语

Arguments over whether women should be allowed to wear trousers might seem like a relic of the 20th century. 有关女性能否穿裤子的争论像是20世纪的遗留问题。 But even in 2015, the battle for sartorial sexual equality rages on, not

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

场合不同,称谓不同,尤其是在办公场所,我们应该如何称呼那些我们私底下非常熟悉的朋友呢? Jackie: Hello, this is 6 minute English. Im Jackie Dalton and with me today is Neil Edgeller. Hello, sir! Neil: Sir! Ver

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 一起听英语

Maura: So, you can say that youre going to give a talk. Thats one way of talking about public speaking. Another verb that you could use, another expression, is to make a speech. Harp: Yes. To make a speech. To give a speech and to make a speechits th

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

Pants are what you put on your legs. 裤子是穿在腿上的。 You can have different kinds of pants. 你可以有不同种类的裤子。 Jeans is a type of pants. 牛仔裤就是裤子的一种。 We might say dress pants for nice pants that you

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 ESL杰夫的一天

V. Let'sTalk Script Young men and women, tomorrow will be Mother's Day. Some of you are still wondering what to do for your mom. Here's my advice. Look out for anything that she plans to buy, and buy it if you can afford it. For example, a casual dre

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 3

If you dont know the name of the person you are writing to, start business emails with either of the following: 如果你不知道邮件是写给谁的,商务信函可以用下面任意一种方式开头: Dear Sir,/Dear Madam, 尊敬的先生,/尊敬

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

WRONG: We would appreciate if you corrected the entry in the register as soon as possible. 错误用法:如果你能尽快更改登记处的入口,我将非常感激。 RIGHT: We would appreciate it if you corrected the entry in the register as s

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

A: I need help with the office party. B: Yes, of course. We could split it. What part would you like to do, the food or the entertainment? A: I have no idea what the entertainment should be. B: Let's make sure we are on the same page. Do we want a fo

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-工作

A: Hi, I would like to speak with someone in the Housing Department. B: You have reached the right area. Can I help you with something? A: I think that I may have experienced discrimination in trying to rent an apartment. B: Can you be specific as to

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

Firstly, and most importantly, don't put your chopsticks upright in the rice bowl. Instead, lay them on your dish. The reason for this is that when people die, family members give them a bowl of rice with a pair of chopsticks sticking out. So if you

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

People have different views on what children should do at a very early age. Some think that children should begin their formal education and start to spend most of their time on studies. Others believe that it is still time for young children to play

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

1.What's the first custom in the international society? 被国际社会公认的第一礼俗是什么? Lady first。 女士优先。 2.What is the Three A principle in social communications? 社交中的三A原则指的是什么? Accept, Apprecia

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Cheers最为大家熟知的含义是干杯,它表达了人们喝酒碰杯时对彼此的祝福。其实,cheers在英式英语里面有一个独特含义,这个用法在英国相当普及,灵活运用它,让你像个地道英国人。 I hear

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

HowdoIaddressyou? 我该怎么称呼您? 例句: A:HowdoIaddressyou? 我该怎么称呼您? B:PleasecallmeJohn. 请叫我约翰。 Nicetomeetyou.MynameisJack.HowdoIaddressyou? 很高兴见到你,我叫杰克,怎么称呼您? A:Mostpeoplec

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语