The Excitement of Three-Part Phrasal Verbs Popular music can teach you a lot about the English language. You may not realize it, but musicians are actually teaching you about English grammar in each song they perform. Consider this song by the famous

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(九)月

American comedian George Carlin is remembered for telling jokes about politics, religion and even the English language. He used humor to express his dislike of things such as misused words and the overuse of common expressions. One of his pet peeves

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

记得刚来美国的时候,正值感恩节。一日,去超市买东西,听到一个华人指着火鸡肉品架上的标签问另外一个同伴说:你看dressed turkey。为什么叫穿衣服的火鸡呢?当时,我也同感困惑,回到家

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 我的青少年机器人时代

最近的雅思口语高频话题中总有结婚的身影,不仅在口语考试中要说结婚,还要你参加过的婚礼...下面雅思频道就为同学们整理了结婚相关的词汇,供考生们参考,以下是详细内容。 1. weddin

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

抱怨是种坏情绪。解决不了问题,还会影响别人的情绪,我们应该如何应对抱怨呢? Dan: Hello, I'm Dan. Alice: And I'm Alice. Dan: And this is 6 Minute English! Hmm, I'll just have some coffee. Ugh, this coffee is disgust

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 一起听英语

I like the expression OK. I dont know why. Its so useful. Everyone in the world understands what it means. It must be the only word that everyone knows. Is it a word or is at an abbreviation? We spell it okay but abbreviate it as OK. I wonder how man

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-O

Missing the Dance “Would you like to be my date for the ROTC 1 dance?” asked Rick. I couldn’t believe he was asking me. My two best friends had gotten dates weeks ago, so I had given up hope of

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(230) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙2004全年合辑下

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is one versus you. Guest-writer Bonnie Trenga is going to help us determine the best way to talk in general terms about the average person. Bonnie says, If you want to talk about people in general, should you say, It

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

1.What's the first custom in the international society? 被国际社会公认的第一礼俗是什么? Lady first。 女士优先。 2.What is the Three A principle in social communications? 社交中的三A原则指的是什么? Accept, Apprecia

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

口语:英文如何表达各种无奈? 既然发生了也没办法了!我们别无选择!好无奈!英文都如何表达呢? 1. Beyond Beyond这个词传递着一种高高在上的超越感,但它的另一层含义是要表达没可能和

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

作文题目: What's Your Opinion About Clothes? 参考范文: When early man invented clothes, he probably wanted to keep warm. I am sure he never intended that it should become as elaborate as it has become today. For many a year, traditional c

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

AA: Im Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble. This week on Wordmaster -- what to do when theres only one you.RS: Were talking about forms of address. Speakers of other languages may be used to having two ways to address someone -- one formal, the other in

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

Names Titles 美式的名字与称谓What's in a name? According to Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, not too much. That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But Shakespeare may have been wrong. In most cultures, names and title

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

英: Work background A history of a person's professional and/or non-professional employment. Educational background A history of a person's formal schooling and/or training. Qualifications The degree and/or depth to which a person's work and educa

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(20) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

1. What will you wear for the party? 晚会上你穿什么? 2. I'll wear my blue dress. 我会穿我的蓝色裙子。 3. Don't you think it's too formal? 你不觉得太正式了吗? 4. I like your new dress. Where did you get it? 我喜欢你这件新

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

Theres an ongoing debate in English about when you should use who and when to use whom. According to the rules of formal grammar, who should be used in the subject position in a sentence, while whom should be used in the object position, and also aft

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Every office has its own protocol for who is called by his or her first name and who is called by his or her title. New employees should follow suit, after listening carefully to how people are addressed. 这样才能保证不会无意的冒犯别人。

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble. This week on WORDMASTER: we're back with A. C. Kemp from slangcity.com. She calls it the online home of American slang. RS: We're talking about frequently used terms that her international students in her cla

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

Be professional。 Looking businesslike is the first step to acting businesslike, and people will take you more seriously if you are well-groomed. This also applies to body language, so always make eye contact and keep good posture, or you may appear

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

兼具呆傻(dorky)和可爱(adorable)两种特征的人,现在已经可以用一个词来形容啦,就是adorkable呆萌。 Adorkable is used to describe a person who is socially inept or unfashionable in a charming or endearing way, com

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语