13. essay n.短文,散文,小品文 essence n. 1.本质,实质 2.精华,精粹 essential a.必要的,本质的 establish vt.建立,设立;确立 establishment n. 建立,确定,建立的机构 estate n.房地产;财产,产业 estimat

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 《四级词汇 词根+联想-记忆法-》

Unit 15 TEXT I A Fable for Tomorrow Text There was once a town in the heart of America where all life seemed to live in harmony with its surroundings. The town lay in the midst of a checkerboard of pr

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 新编大学英语教程

For half an hour on Friday afternoons, the character is familiar and comforting the context is anything but. From a studio in Gaza on a TV station run by the militants of HAMAS. This weekly children's program stars a Mickey Mouse look-alike with a yo

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2007年

20. Though it was less attractive, John knew the metal box would be more _______. A. terminal B. durable C. persistent D. ultimate able 能,能够的 babble 胡言乱语 gabble 口齿不清,含糊不

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方赵丽词汇课堂

Lesson 93 The Proposal 建议 Words: external adj. 外部的,表面的 extinct adj. (动物)灭绝的;(火山)不再活跃的;熄灭的 extinction n. 消失,灭绝 extinguish v. 熄灭,消灭,扑灭 extol vt. 赞美 extort v. 勒索,强夺 extract n. 榨出物,精华;vt. 得到;榨出

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

People not only claimed these devilfish could drag ships under, 人们不仅说这些章鱼能把船只拖走, but a certain Olaus Magnus tells of a cephalopod a mile long that looked more like an island than an animal. 而且还有一位名叫奥拉

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

受法官塔萍(阿伦.瑞克曼)陷害,被迫流放他乡15年的陶德(约翰尼.德普)回到伦敦后,满心的怒火,只想复仇。他的妻子露西(劳拉.凯利)已经不知所踪,而女儿乔安娜(珍妮.怀森纳)则被塔萍作为养女囚禁在深宅大院里。 陶德遇到了馅饼店老板娘洛薇特夫人(海伦娜.卡特

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语听力

In an Aesop fable, a thirsty crow wanting to drink from a pitcher must first raise the water level. So he drops pebbles in the container. In real life, the European Jay can perform the same task. But just how smart is it? Researchers challenged jays

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(八)月

在排球、乒乓球等比赛中,经常会出现双方前几场持平,最后“一局定输赢”的情况。在英语中,“决胜局”就叫做rubber game。 为什么要用rubber来表示“打

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

fable n. 寓言,传说 fabric n.织物;结构 fabricate v. 制作,装配 face n. 脸 facility n. 容易,简易(pl.设备) faction n.派别,宗派 factor n. 因素,要素 faculty n. (理解)才能;学院

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

She is, without a shadow of doubt, the most famous ghost at one of Britains most haunted sites. 灰女士无疑是英国众多闹鬼景点中最著名的一个。 But does this murky photograph show the fabled Grey Lady of Dudley Castle or something

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

LESSON 22 第22课 decide 决定 buckled 扣 mountain 山 shelter 避难所 party 部分 dispute 争端 succeed 成功 forcibly 强行 mantle 地幔 oven 烤箱 THE WIND AND THE SUN 风和太阳 A dispute once arose between the Wind and the Sun, as t

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第三册

and, as the old fable tells us, the clock that has to tick so many millions of times, has exactly the same number of seconds to do it in. 有句俗话说得好,时钟需要滴答百万上亿次,确切地说,走过无外乎相同数字的分秒。

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第五册

The federal government is one step closer to getting rid of the carbon tax. The legislation to repeal the tax passed the Lower House last night. The government has agreed with demand by Clive Palmer to deal separately with the future of the clear ene

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2014年

Twelve children's dramas from the BRICS countries will be staged in Beijing during the ongoing China Children's Theater Festival, which is scheduled to run until late August. This is the first series of activities since the launch of a union of teen

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

I'm gonna make a part 2 and it's just gonna be stories about annoying customers that I had to deal with. And if anyone I used to work with is watching, and I didn't mention you, It's because I hate you. 我要来制作第二部,内容会是有关我曾

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

I think that... unlikely, Maester Luwin said. Bran, when a man fights, his arms and legs and thoughts must be as one. 我想这恐怕不太可能。鲁温师傅说,布兰,打仗的时候,人必须手脚和思想完全一致才行。 Below in th

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

LESSON 25 The daw in borrowed feathers 第二十五课 寒鸦借来的羽毛 A number of jackdaws lived very happily in the tower of an old church. 大量的寒鸦很高兴住在老教堂的塔。 Close at hand was a poultry-yard, belonging to a larg

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英国语文第三册

Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a short essay entitled Actions Speak Louder Than Words by commenting on William Penns famous remark A man, like a watch, is to be valued by this manner of going You should write at least

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

Ser Willis Wode led them out. Bronn took the rear, with Lady Stark safely in the middle, Ser Rodrik a shadow beside her. 维里渥德领队,波隆负责殿后,史塔克夫人安全地骑在队伍中间,罗德利克爵士则如影随形跟在她身

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》