FIFA President: Charges Bring Shame to Sport 国际足联主席称腐败丑闻给体育带来耻辱 FIFA President Sepp Blatter said corruption scandals within the world soccer organization have brought shame and humiliation on the sport. Mr. Blatter

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(五)月

AS IT IS 2016-08-30 Feelings and Fashion at MTV's Video Music Awards This is Whats Trending Today The MTV network held its Video Music Awards, or VMAs, Sunday night. Social media users are still talking about the stars and performances at the ceremon

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Report: Iranian Media Group Seeks Worldwide Influence Irans efforts to influence internet users around the world are larger than experts have thought, reports Reuters news agency. Reuters said that Iran has a group of anonymous websites and social me

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(八)月

European leaders meeting in Brussels have signed an agreement with Ukraine. NPR's Ari Shapiro reports its meant to show support for the country's new interim government. Protests in Ukraine began four months ago when the former president refused to s

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年NPR美国国家公共电台3月

Why Shrews Twitter Small mouse like mammals, shrews are not actually rodents or even closely related. Shrews are noisy little creatures constantly twittering and squeaking as they scramble through their habitat. But why? All that noise could surely a

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) I'm Doug Johnson. This week We listen to new music from the Raconteurs And answer a listener question about President Abraham Lincoln But, first we talk about Twitter... Twitter (MUSIC

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(二)月

AS IT IS 2016-07-21 Famous Comedy Writer, Producer Garry Marshall Dies 美国传奇导演加里马歇尔逝世 终年81岁 This is Whats Trending Today. Garry Marshall was a comedy writer, producer and director. He was famous for creating television

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

AS IT IS 2016-06-03 Americans Use Orange to Protest Gun Violence 美国用橙色抵制枪支暴力分享到: This is Whats Trending Today 以下是今日新鲜事。 Americans observed Gun Violence Awareness Day on Thursday. 本周四,美国人庆祝

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(六)月

MICHEL MARTIN, HOST: Let's take a poetry break now with a few more of your Twitter poems. It's a beautiful day here in Washington, D.C., so a good time to hear a few reflections on springtime and nature, like this one from Mark Holoweiko in Michigan.

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

So for instance ,I may Twitter right now that i am giving a talk in TED,and in my cases ,when I hit send UP to 60,000 people will receive that message in a matter of seconds .Now ,the fundamental ideas that Twitter lets people share moments of their

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 财富精英励志演讲

Hi, I'm Carl Azuz. This is your Friday edition of CNN Student News. Most of you watching this are probably in school. Most students in the Philippines are not. Yesterday, there was a storm bearing down on the country and it was a monster. Possibly on

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2013年(十一)月

Twitter has announced, via a tweet, of course, it's planning to list on the US stock market. It's filed paper work with US regulators for an initial public offering, but the details are confidential. Twitter has well over 200 million active users. It

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2013年

About six million people worldwide post to Twitter, producing some 650,000 new tweets daily. And one percent of these posts include geographic locations. The combination of language and location has allowed scientists to calculate the dominant langua

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(四)月

This is scientific Americans sixty seconds science. I am Ie Welkinson. Got a minute? All rise. The twitter court public opinion is now in session and the next case on the dock will reach a quick verdict because public opinion solidifies rapidly on tw

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年Scientific American(五)月

今天我们要学的词是off the record。 Off the record, 意思是非正式的,不供公开发表的。美国总统奥巴马在接受采访前聊天时骂不久前在MTV颁奖典礼上闹场的嘻哈歌手坎耶.韦斯特是个混球。Presiden

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是hotbed。 Hotbed温床。这次猪流感的爆发,让微型博客网站Twitter成了辩论焦点。 Some critics say Twitter has become a hotbed for unnecessary hype and misinformation about the swine flu outbreak, 一些持

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

When The founder Jack Dorsey talks about the origins of his thinking for the product 推特的共同创始人杰克.多西 谈起他对产品的最初设想时 He talks about his fascination with maps He talks about his ultimate fascination with disp

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

You're just going to be disappointed when the other people on stage with you don't do or say what you want them to do and you'll stand there frozen 而台上的人没有按照你想的那样说 那样做 你只会感到失望 你只会呆站在那里

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

Good morning 早上好 I'm Stephen Colbert 我是斯蒂芬科尔伯特 and I want thank 我想感谢 or thank 或者说感谢 the class of 2013 2013届毕业生们 for inviting me here today 感谢今天邀请我来 Thank you very much. It's an honor

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

本期内容: TwitterwonabiddingbattleagainstanumberoftechfirmsvyingtobroadcastAmericanfootballgamesonline.TheNationalFootballLeague,whichrunstheprofessionalsport,wantstospreaditsinfluencebeyondcouch-basedtelevisionviewing.TwitterwillstreamtenThurs

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读