On one summer weekend, my wife, son, and I entered an eight-kilometer running race at a place called Provo Canyon in Utah. Now, most people think of running races on neighbor streets, uh, city streets, but in this race, participants ran on mountain t

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文对话做选择

Carola looked surprised. Hiking, she answered. What does it look like? I thought you didnt like hiking, Violet said to Rayanne. Rayanne struggled out of her backpack. Did I say that? she said. Well, when Carola told me she was going to hike up this w

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 86 The Mystery on Blizzard Mou

Now, the Special English program American Stories. Today we begin a new series from a book by American writer Edgar Rice Burroughs. The book is called A Princess of Mars. It is the first book in a series that Mr. Burroughs wrote about a man who trave

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 美国故事

Today, we begin a series from a book by American writer Edgar Rice Burroughs. The book is called A Princess of Mars. It is the first book in a series that Burroughs wrote about a man who travels to Mars during the last years of the 1800s. There, the

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Todd: So Jonathan, every time I see you, you are coming and going on a new trip, a new adventure. What's your next trip? Jonathan: I'm about to fly to Nepal to go trekking. I head out to stay at the airport tonight and I'm flying tomorrow morning. To

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

By Jim Malone The U.S. presidential election campaign has entered a new phase, with both major party candidates criss-crossing the country in search of votes. After ceding the week to John Kerry and t

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--美国大选

THE MAKING OF A NATION - Gold! How the Search for Riches Drove Development After the U.S. Civil War By Frank Beardsley Broadcast: Thursday, August 25, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: THE MAKING OF A NATION --

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

1. US officials say Iraqi forces should be able to take full control of security in their country in the next 12 to 18 months. Iraqi leaders have also agreed to develop a timeline for progress in stab

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2006

By Scott Stearns President Bush is on a campaign bus tour in the Midwest state of Wisconsin. Democrats have their likely vice presidential candidate in the Midwest as well, with Senator John Edwards c

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--美国大选

AS IT IS 2016-02-20 Candidates Mimic Animals on Campaign Trail During a campaign visit in Nevada earlier this week, Hillary Clinton told a story about her husband, Bill. Bill, or William J. Clinton, was the U.S. president for eight years, starting in

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Happy 12 everyone ! We are starting 2012 with a Bertie story this week, and a Katie story next and look out for the final chapters of the Wizard of Oz and a spectacular Greek Myth. Just in case you are new to Bertie and his stories let us explain the

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(312) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

I parked on the narrow shoulder and stepped out, 我把车停在狭窄的路肩上,走下车, afraid because he was angry with me and I didn't have driving as an excuse not to look at him. 害怕他还在生我的气,而我再也不能把开车当

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

Bettys doctor told her to exercise more. So she began running. She enjoys running. She runs almost every day. She runs two miles a day. On the weekend she runs five miles. She runs up hills. She runs down hills. She runs in the street and on the side

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

Todd: So, hello Terry, (Hello, Todd) Now Terry you do bicycle trips in America and you take long trips. Can you talk about the last bicycle trip you did? Terry: OK, the last trip that I did in the summer, I started in Vancouver, British Columbia and

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

I had to get out of the house, 我迫切地想要离开这所房子, but there was nowhere I wanted to go that didn't involve a three-day drive. 但任何我想去的地方都得开上三天的车才能到。 I pulled on my boots anyway, unclear wh

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

I followed the trail as long as my anger at myself pushed me forward. 我的怒气推着我往前走,于是我一直沿着小路走去。 As that started to ebb, I slowed. 直到愤怒开始褪去,我才放慢了脚步。 A few drops of moisture

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

The view of the high Sierra Lake, nestled in the snow and rock slightly below the timber line, was beautiful from my vantage point some five hundred feet above its shimmering surface. I was anxious to rejoin my companions and try the fishing before a

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Destination: a thousand ways to go Indignation: scythe that cuts your soul Your trail doesn't end with your fears But makes them stronger Lies in disguise in the name of trust The road you take away, how far you go You know that time is a wall And on

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

Chapter Four Let's Go West! 第四章 去西部! After the Lewis and Clark expedition settlers, gold prospectors and trappers went to the West. 在刘易斯和克拉克探险队之后,移居者,淘金者和捕兽者也去了西部。 The Americ

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 美国西部探险