1. A tanker carrying thousands of gallons of gasoline crashed on a northern California highway, catching on fire and causing a section of the highway to collapse. Authorities say the collapse could cause the largest disruption for commuters in the S

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

What are you going to do? Benny asked Grandfather. Well, first I must call Jay Murphy, my friend who sold me the property, and see what he thinks about Mr. Laceys offer, said Grandfather. Ive only owned the property a few weeks. But Jay had that land

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 71 The Ghost Town Mystery

We shouldnt have gone down this trail, Violet said. No one knows where we are. Dont worry. Well find our way back, Henry assured her. Im hungry, Benny said. Lost or not, he wasnt about to miss lunch. Looking around, he spotted a faint path twisting t

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 59 The Outer Space Mystery

When the Aldens set out for the Lost Cabin trailhead, they noticed a ranger heading toward the Visitors Center. Hey, lets ask that ranger if the trails are open, Henry suggested. He tapped the ranger on the shoulder. Oh, hi, he said timidly to the yo

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 61 The Growling Bear Mystery

The next morning, Jessie stood over Benny. Wake up, Benny, said Jessie. Its time for breakfast, said Violet Benny opened his eyes. Violet, said Benny. I used your camera last night. Thats okay, said Violet. Grandfather said it was for everyone. I use

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 128 The Zombie Project

The Aldens passed the jagged gray rocks and kept paddling. After two hours, they reached the narrow strip of land that separated Timberwolf from Catfish Lake. Were going to have to carry the canoes for a little way, Henry said. Is this what they call

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 40 The Canoe Trip Mystery

[00:01.86](Father) (Father) Who's Noel Coward [00:05.50]See they fixed the light for a change. 我看他们得把灯换一个. [00:06.66]not easy to break them again 没被砸碎就算幸运的了 [00:08.66]No, No, No. She's ok, see the water runs do

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-风雨哈佛路

VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: A modern sign marks the Santa Fe Trail. Behind, an example of adobe architecture. And I'm Steve Ember. This week on our program, we take you to a city in the

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(三)月

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 , 您将会获得10到30积分的奖励! Thank you!

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(411) / 评论(0) 分类 背诵为王第四册

-Well, this is, this is heaven on earth. Tell us what this is, Ben. That's the Kalalau Trail in Kauai, Hawaii. That's not me. But that isI did hike that Trail recently. It's a 12 miles trail, its one of the most beautiful trails in the world. -It cer

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2011年

In a forest close to the river bank mere lived a crane with his wife. They were very unhappy. Every time the wife laid eggs in their nest, a big black cobra who lived in a hollow in the tree, would eat them up. The crane had a friend the crab. He wen

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小短文

Ice Cream Sweetens Visits to Maryland Farms 冰淇淋使游客们的马里兰农场之旅变得甜蜜 Americans love to eat ice cream, a milk and sugar based treat. People Maryland can visit dairy farms across the state to get fresh ice cream and enj

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Long before the sled reached Solomon, Balto was in charge of the journey. 早在雪橇到达所罗门驿站之前,巴尔图就开始了他的旅程。 He alone knew in what direction to continue traveling. 只有它知道方向。 Regardless of dar

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材5

Bill parked his car on the residential street. The street used to be safe, but now there were frequent reports in the weekly paper about break-ins. He put The Club on his steering wheel and made sure that nothing of valuenot even a pair of cheap sung

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

The long and winding road that leads to your door, Will never disappear, Ive seen that road before It always leads me here, leads me to your door. The wild and windy night the rain washed away, Has left a pool of tears crying for the day. Why leave m

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 美国偶像 American Idol

This is AP news minute. 1. Police say a Sikh man is recovering after a gunman approached him as he rode his car on a suburban Seattle driveway and told him Go back to your country, before shooting him in the arm. Authorities in the city of Kent are s

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2017(三)月

SHEP ONEAL: Now, the weekly Special English program, AMERICAN STORIES. Our story today is called To Build a Fire. It was written by Jack London. Here is Harry Monroe with the story. (MUSIC) HARRY MONROE: The man walked down the trail on a cold, gray

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Kenneth Baker woke up early Sunday morning. A terrible thing had happened. His cat was missing. He must have run away again, thought Kenneth. He went around asking neighbors for information. That's odd, said his neighbor Sandra. My Chihuahua went mis

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第4级听力-English Level 4

Look out! Kane heard the shout and turned around to see who was shouting. A second later, a mountain biker whooshed past him. The biker turned his head and shouted Bikes only, asshole! and disappeared from view. Kane was walking on a mountain bike tr

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: There's more than one way to scale this peak. There are two bridges and pathways winding to the top as well as a hidden waterslide that tunnels 60 feet through the mountain to the pool below. 有不

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文