I wanna talk about beating stress today. You know life here in Hong Kong is very stressful so I think todays topic is very useful for everyone because we can do something about it, just to cope with the stress. So maybe you have some change(s) in you

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 我想说 I Wanna Talk

AGRICULTURE REPORT – January 22, 2002: Treating Stress in Animals By George Grow This is the VOA Special English AGRICULTURE REPORT. People often experience stress as a result of events in their liv

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: Dwayne Speller, 22, waits to talk to a job adviser in Las Vegas, Nevada, earlier this month. The nation's unemployment rate rose to 8.1 percent in February,

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(三)月

Caregivers, Chronically Ill Under More Stress Americans are under considerable stress, according to a new survey by the American Psychological Association. Nearly half of the respondents reported an increase in stress over the last five years. While

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(五月)

第一章 练习13:重读方式 Exercise 1-13 Variable Stress Exercise 1-13: Variable Stress Notice how the meaning of the following sentence changes each time we change the stress pattern. You should be starting to feel in control of your sentence

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 美式英语正音训练

第一章 练习15:重音的运用 Exercise1-15 Application of Stress Exercise 1 -15: Application of Stress CD 1 Track 23 Mark every word or syllable with ' where you think that the sound is stressed. Use the first sentence as your example. Check A

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 美式英语正音训练

第一章 练习25:带有强调性描述短语的句子 Exercise 1-25 Sentence Stress with Descriptive Phrases Exercise 1-25: Sentence Stress with Descriptive Phrases Repeat the following phrases. 1 It's short. It's a short nail. 2 It's chocolate.

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 美式英语正音训练

Exercise 1-39: Consistent Pronoun Stress In Changing Verb Tenses This is the same as the previous exercise, except you now stress the verbs: They eat them. Practice this until you are quite comfortable with the intonation. Notice that in fluent speec

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 美式英语正音训练

Stress. Nasty thing. I hate being stressed but Im not sure why. The stress disappears and then everything is back to normal. I need to tell myself that the stressful situation will be over soon. I wonder if people are more stressed today than they we

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-S

By David McAlary As the prevalence of heart disease increases worldwide, researchers have found that people in developing countries suffer from it for the same reasons people in industrial nations do.

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--健康科技

Stress Linked to Aggressive Breast Cancer A new study links aggressive breast cancer and stress. But the lead researcher suggests the findings raise as many questions as they answer. The study included about 1,000 breast cancer patients in Chicago -

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(九月)

Interactive Video Helps US Soldiers With Combat Stress Army veteran Robert Menendez knows this scenario all too well. This video simulation brings back memories of combat in Iraq and Afghanistan. I was always having dreams, you know, certain things t

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(三月)

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: But if you'd rather unplug completely, there's another option. It's called float therapy, and it's pretty much what it sounds like. You float your anxieties away in a pool. Sounds nice, but is there any evidence that it works? Jo

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Ryan Geertsma. Voice 2 And Im Robin Basselin. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 A family awakes to start th

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - September 3, 2002: Stress and Illness By Cynthia Kirk VOICE ONE: This is Sarah Long. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with Science in the News, a VOA Special English program ab

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER -- we take some of the stress out of learning which words to stress in American English. RS: We turn to Lida [lee-da] Baker. She's an instructor at the American Language Center at

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

By Kari Barber Dakar 31 October 2007 European Union and African Union officials are meeting in Ghana's capital Accra Wednesday to set the agenda for a joint summit in Lisbon, Portugal later this year. The summit has stirred controversy as governments

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

Both major-party candidates for U.S. president are stressing the need for change in Washington. VOA's Paula Wolfson reports in nationally broadcast interviews Democrat Barack Obama and Republican John McCain are calling for reform. Democratic presid

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(九月)

今天我们要学的词是stress。 Stress, 是压力、紧张的意思。Emotional stress, 是情绪紧张,mental stress, 是精神压力。I experienced a lot of stress before the tournament, 是说比赛开始前,我紧张极了。Yoga is a v

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(245) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

You may remember last weeks program, in which I talked about rules of English word stress for two-syllable words. If you missed that program, take a few minutes to read and listen to it first and then join us here. This week, we continue talking abou

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年VOA慢速英语(二)月