The Aldens found a small restaurant on Main Street. There was a large sign with an apple painted on it. The Red Apple, Benny said. This place ought to have apple pie, dont you think? The Aldens went in, and the girl showed them to a table for four. J

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 16 Mystery in the Sand

Chapter 14. Nantucket. 第14章 南塔开特 Nothing more happened on the passage worthy the mentioning; so, after a fine run, we safely arrived in Nantucket. 一路无话,我们安抵南塔开特。 Nantucket! Take out your map and look at it. 你可

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

I do as he says, get everything else out of my head. I forget who I am, even. Im a total blank. Then things begin to surface. Things that as we sit here on the old leather sofa in my fathers study both of us can see. Sometimes fate is like a small s

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 海边的卡夫卡

VOICE ONE: This is Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we visit the Indiana Dunes. These hills of sand are near Chicago, Illinois. They rise on the shores of Lake Michigan, one of

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(四)月

ANNOUNCER: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA IN VOA Special English. I'm Faith Lapidus. White Sands National Monument One of the worlds great natural wonders is in the state of New Mexico, in the American Southwest. Nature has created huge moving hills of

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(四)月

Tippy Goes Visiting 提比去游玩 One day Tippy had a happy thought. 一天,提比有了个好玩的想法。 If boys and girls come to see me, why can't I go to visit them? she said to herself. 既然孩子们可以来看我,那为什么我不能

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材3

He was one for ceremonies. I dont think he loved the desert, but he had an affection for it that grew out of awe at our stark order, into which he wanted to fit himselflike a joyous undergraduate who respects silent behaviour in a library. We had not

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

An iron ore(铁矿)train operating across the northwest African nation of Mauritania(毛里塔尼亚) forms a striking image sneaking its way through the Sahara desert. This desert train has had to be adapted to suit the harsh conditions that make

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2009年

It's a beautiful day to play in the water. I love the feeling of sand between my toes. The kids are having fun building sand castles while I lie on my towel and read a book. Later, I'm going to take a picture of the sunset over the water. Where is th

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 推理类英语听力

CHAPTER EIGHT Gift for the Darkness Piggy looked up miserably from the dawn-pale beach to the dark mountain. Are you sure? Really sure, I mean? I told you a dozen times now, said Ralph, we saw it. Dyou think were safe down here? How the hell should I

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

CHAPTER FOUR Painted Faces and Long Hair The first rhythm that they became used to was the slow swing from dawn to quick dusk. They accepted the pleasures of morning, the bright sun, the whelming sea and sweet air, as a time when play was good and li

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

Come and take a look at the rocks over here. It just pulverize d the stone on the inside. It confirmed what we came here to prove, didn't it? We had a lovely hit smacking in the middle and it smashed

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 中世纪攻城战

William Blake / 威廉.布莱克 To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild fllower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour. 从一粒沙子看到一个世界, 从一朵野花看到一个天堂, 把握在你手心里的就是无限, 永恒也就消融

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语诗歌

I've been Hopelessly clutching out for something I can hold I've been Lying in the dark With no light in my soul I've been Rummaging around in The rain and the cold I've been Searching for diamonds In a pile of coal I've been Searching for diamonds I

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

I'm jealous of the rain That falls upon your skin It's closer than my hands have been I'm jealous of the rain I'm jealous of the wind That ripples through your clothes It's closer than your shadow Oh I'm jealous of the wind cause I wished you the bes

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

I saw a ship a-sailing, A-sailing on the sea. And, oh, but it was laden With pretty things for thee. There were comfits in the cabin, And apples in the hold; The sails were made of silk And the masts were all of gold. The four-and-twenty sailors That

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(227) / 评论(0) 分类 鹅妈妈童谣

How Nan Saved Sally 南是如何解救莎莉的 It was Sally's birthday, and Mother had made her a cake with even candles on it. 莎莉的生日到了,妈妈给她做了一个蛋糕,上面还放了蜡烛。 Mother, Sally, and Nan went to the beac

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材2

爵士:Carly Simon - The last samba 相关介绍 :这是这位值得尊敬的老女人,格莱美,奥斯卡,金球奖奖项获得者,她的歌给人感觉犹如一座古堡的地下酒窖中,所蕴藏的陈年美酿,品之,醇厚,温暖

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 英文爵士乐

As the circle forms tonight And I take my place to execute my right Call the filthy ones into my sight Bring the sinners one by one Stones of judgment shall avenge the things they've done But then I raise my head and stare into the Son Oh, then I fee

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Upon the sand, upon the bay there is a quick and easy way you say Before you illustrate I'd rather state : i'm not the man you think I am I'm not the man you think I am And sorrows native son He will not smile for anyone And pretty girls make graves

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(1566) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲