By Gary Garriott Broadcast: September 15, 2003 This is Robert Covent with the VOA Special English Development Report. 1)Clay is found almost everywhere in the world. It is formed by the action of wind

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(481) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(下)-发展与科学

1.If you saw the darkness in front of you, don't be afraid, that's because sunshine is at your back. 如果你看到面前的阴影,别怕,那是因为你的背后有阳光。 2.Take nothing for granted. Know that the harder you work, the luckier

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Beside the well there was the ruin of an old stone wall. 在井旁边有一堵残缺的石墙。 When I came back from my work, the next evening, I saw from some distance away my little price sitting on top of a wall, with his feet dangling. 第二天晚

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 小王子

It's Time to 'Play Possum' Now, it's time for Words and Their Stories from VOA Learning English. On this program, we talk about words and expressions in American English. And today we will talk about defense mechanisms. These are different ways the b

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十)月

The story goes that two friends were walking through the desert. During some point of the journey they had an argument, and one friend slapped the other one in the face. The one who got slapped felt hurt, but without saying anything, wrote in the san

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Everything's the same but still all we know is changing Slow me down get a hold of me now Years and years my sanity's scattered on the playground I'll collect it again if I ever find my youth If I ever find my youth Like sand through the hourglass It

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

CHAPTER NINE A View to a Death Over the island the build-up of clouds continued. A steady current of heated air rose all day from the mountain and was thrust to ten thousand feet; revolving masses of gas piled up the static until the air was ready to

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

AS IT IS 2016-07-15 Ocean Swallowing West African Coastline 海洋吞没西非海岸线 Water, the saying goes, will find its way. And so it seems to be the case in West Africa. Rising sea levels and erosion along the coast are threatening the homes

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Do you know the feeling When sometimes you wake up young, And sometimes you wake up old And sometimes you're so in love And do you know the feeling When their love just comes undone And i cant figure it out What something's got me unlock, But you my

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

Nothing more happened on the passage worthy the mentioning; so, after a fine run, we safely arrived in Nantucket. 一路无话,我们安抵南塔开特。 Nantucket! Take out your map and look at it. 你可以找一张地图,在上面找一找,看

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

I can see the clouds roll in And I can feel the wind as they try to shake me I will not be moved My feet are on the Rock I can feel the waters rise And I can hear the howling lies that haunt me Fear won't hold me now My feet are on the Rock When I fe

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

The Animal Song When superstars and cannonballs are runing through your head. Television freak show cops and robers everywhere. Subway makes me nervous people pushing me too far. got to greak away so take my hand now because. I want to live like ani

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

there's a blue rocking chair sittin' in the sand weathered by the storms and well oiled hands it sways back and forth with the help of the winds it seems to always be there like an old trusted friend i've read a lot of books wrote a few songs looked

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

New Words wordlessly 默默无言地 mayonnaise n. 蛋黄酱 pebble n. 卵石; unanimous adj. 全体一致的;意见一致的; priority n. 优先;优先权; The Important Things In Life 生活中重要的事情 A philosophy professor stood

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

After the guy was dead and the smell of his burning flesh was off the air, we all went back down to the beach. Corey had his radio, one of those suitcase-sized transistor jobs that take about forty batteries and also make and play tapes. You couldn't

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

The story goes that two friends were walking through the desert. During some point of the journey they had an argument, and one friend slapped the other one in the face. The one who got slapped felt hurt, but without saying anything, wrote in the san

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Christchurch had two big after-shocks today and many smaller ones. The first one, at 1 pm was 5.5. It felt very strong. Most schools closed after that and parents came to collect their primary school children. The next after-shock at 2.20 pm was 6.0.

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

文本: Chloe: All you have to do is crank up the IV to eleven. Max: Chloe... I can't. It wrecks me to see you in any pain, but I don't have any right to do this. Chloe: I'm an adult. I'm giving you the right. Max: But Joyce... and William... Chloe

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 小龟乐游记英语短文

Welcome back. I hope you had a good summer. I hope too that you like the redesign of the web-site. Where do British families go for a summer holiday? Nowdays, of course, many families fly to Spain or Greece or Florida, or to more exotic places. But t

发表于:2019-03-01 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语

Everyday health hazard 5:Cancelling plans日常健康危害之5:取消计划对人类身体健康造成危害的生活习惯非常多,可能某些生活习惯看起来微不足道,但是它们确确实实地不利于我们的健康,今天Ukki将

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening