Lesson 9 welcome A cold welcome The big clock refused to welcome the New Year. I extend a warm welcome to you on the behalf of my colleagues. We hold a party to welcome a friend. crowd A large crowd of people had gathered under the Town Hall clock. H

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(568) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语词汇随身听手册2

给大家推荐一个非常好的、有品味的三一口语话题:Music About how many CDs do you have? How about MDs and tapes? Are you a good dancer? Are you a good singer? Can you concentrate on other things when you are listening to music? Can

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 三一口语

Vienna--the Land of Music On the first night of the New Year, peoples eyes are frequently drawn to Vienna. The first-rate orchestra and its wonderful performance of the world-famous waltz build an elegant glamour on this capital of music. A divine gi

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 英语标准美文100篇

First listen to November 12th 2012 to hear about NCEA. NCEA exams started three weeks ago and most students finished last week but the last exam was Level 3 Spanish this afternoon. There were 120 different exams at the three levels. 143,000 students

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

The Civic Center was buzzing with activity. People ran this way and that checking on last-minute details. A long table was set up in the reception hall. Arms full, the Aldens headed toward it. The orchestra has arrived at the hotel! someone said. Hur

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 45 The Mystery of the Stolen M

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart lived between 1756 and 1791. He is one of the most famous composers ever to live. You can hear his music almost everywhere today in TV commercials, movies, mobile phone ringtones, and of course concert halls. He composed over

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 各国名人英文介绍

THIS IS AMERICA - Birth of Jazz: How an American Musical Form Came Into the World By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Monday, August 08, 2005 (MUSIC) ANNOUNCER: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special Engl

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

In ancient times, the Silk Road played a central role in connecting the cultures of the East and West. The route's modern day equivalent, China's 'Belt and Road' initiative, is certainly following in its predecessor's footsteps and this next event hi

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(167) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2017年

By Jerilyn Watson THIS IS AMERICA -May 13, 2002: Sondheim Celebration VOICE ONE: The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C currently is honoring the work of one of America’

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

As It Is - Music from the West African country of Mali Welcome to As It Is. Im Kelly Jean Kelly. Today, we are talking about music from the West African country of Mali. Mali is famous for its music. But that tradition has been threatened recently. T

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(三)月

The Four Freshmen Celebrate Their 65th Anniversary The Four Freshmens current lineup features Brian Eichenberger, Curtis Calderon, Vince Johnson and Bob Ferreira and they have a new album, Love Songs. Founded in 1948 by two brothers, Ross and Don Bar

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(三月)

So I come out with my little sheet music and it was Just My Imagination by the Temptations. 然后我出台了 带着我的乐谱我要唱的是诱惑合唱团的《我的幻想》 That's what I came up with So I hand it to the accompanist, and. 我准

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

PEOPLE IN AMERICA -August 25, 2002: Richard Rodgers By Nancy Steinbach (Image -Smithsonian Institution) VOICE ONE: I’m Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And I’m Shirley Griffith with the VOA Special Engl

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(232) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - George Gershwin: More of the Life and Music of One of America's Great Songwriters By Shelley Gollust Broadcast: Sunday, June 12, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Barbara Klein. VOICE TW

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

The Central Economic Work Conference has opened in Beijing. Were expecting reform details and a to do list for 2014. The usual prelude to the conference--last weeks politburo meeting had set the tone--China would seek development while ensuring stabi

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2013年12月

Donald Trump has upset Sir Cameron Mackintosh and co-creators of the stage musical Les Misrables for playing one of their songs at his Miami rally. 唐纳德?特朗普在迈阿密的竞选集会上播放了音乐剧《悲惨世界》中的一首插曲,

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

In the wake of Sundays earthquake, which hit Zhaotong in Southwest Chinas Yunnan Province, many have rushed to blood donation stations and some are volunteering to help in hospitals. Blood supplies are running low, and there is only enough blood to t

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年08月

Todd: So, Rebecca, let's talk about things we wish could do that we can't do. What is something you wish you could do, that you can't do now? Rebecca: I think it would be definitely playing music, like playing a guitar. Some of my friends can just pu

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

我们上次讲了两个由house发展而来的习惯用语。今天继续学两个。第一个习惯用语有两种略有差异的形式。它们是:bring down the house or bring the house down。 Bring down the house和bring the house down,尽管

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

Zeta-Jones is Cinderella for the Night 凯瑟琳是颁奖夜晚的灰姑娘 Catherine Zeta-Jones said she felt like cinderella after winning one of the night's biggest gongs at the Tony Awards on Sunday. The Tony Awards are regarded as the highest US

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版