Broadcast: August 15, 2004 ((THEME)) VOICE ONE: This is Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about the life and music of American songwriter Cole Porter. ((MUSIC)) VOICE ONE: T

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Sing Sing Correctional Facility is a high-security prison about an hour by car north of New York City. Sing Sing holds 1,600 prisoners. As the men serve their sentences, prison officials are planning for the time those detainees will be released. One

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Art and Literature Listen to the tape and fill the missing information below! One Capital museum, this is Jennifer speaking. How can I help you? Hi, I would like to buy the tickets for the Picasso exhibition. I would like to know when I can go and

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 高中英语人教版第一册课本听力

Of the 28 shows playing on New York Citys Broadway, the musical Dear Evan Hansen, probably gets the most people crying. The show centers on a lonely teenager, Evan Hansen, and his schoolmates. They find communicating with each other to be difficult -

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(三)月

歌曲 : Love Me For Me 艺人 :Ashley Tisdale 音乐星级 : ★★★★★ 所属专辑 :Headstrong 发行年代 :2007 风格 :Pop 相关介绍:可爱金色的卷发和甜美的笑容,她就是《High School Musical》中Sharpay的扮演者Ashley Tisdale。 凭借在电影中的出色表现,Ashley

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Jay Chou is no stranger to Western audiences. 对于西方听众来说,周杰伦这个名字并不陌生。 As a Hollywood actor, he was seen as martial arts expert Kato in The Green Hornet, a race starter in The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift a

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

FAITH LAPIDUS: Im Faith Lapidus. STEVE EMBER: And Im Steve Ember with PEOPLE IN AMERICA in VOA Special English. Today we remember six interesting people who died in the past year. FAITH LAPIDUS: We start with Elizabeth Edwards. She was the wife of fo

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Li Yuchun, the 27-year-old singer and actress, used to be known as a bit of a tomboy. Recently, though, she has softened her image and become more feminine. 27岁的歌手兼演员李宇春,曾经被称作假小子。然而最近,她软化了自己

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

And I think in the final analysis, it depends upon what we do here. September 26th, 1960Millions of Americans tune in to watch presidential candidates debateon television for the first time. Squaring off in Chicago, Massachusetts Senator John F. Kenn

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2010年

Topics: American Musicals My Fair Lady; Chautauquas; to reply versus to comply versus to meet; mild versus tender; to have the munchies Words: musical myth phonetics aristocrat dubbed to be accustomed to lecture correspondence course imitator talent

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

模仿文本: It's June 19th, 1973. Late at night at a tiny fringe theatre in London, a new comedy musical is about to open. Just before the curtain goes up on the Rocky Horror Show, a storm suddenly breaks. 译文: 那是1973年6月19日。在伦敦

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - Cole Porter, Pt. 1 By Rochelle Gollust Broadcast: Sunday, August 15, 2004 ((THEME)) VOICE ONE: This is Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with People in America in V

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

Different Types of Composers 不同类型的音乐家 I can see three different types of composers in musical history, each of whom creates music in a somewhat different fashion. 我发现音乐史上有三种不同类型的作曲家,他们各自创作

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Boyhood won Best Motion Picture - Drama at the 2015 Golden Globes, one of three awards Richard Linklater's film grabbed on Sunday night. Linklater also took home Best Director, while co-star Patricia Arquette grabbed Best Supporting Actress. 《少年时

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

September 26th, 1960And I think in the final analysis, it depends upon what we do here. Millions of Americans tune in to watch presidential candidates debate on television for the first time. Squaring off in Chicago: Massachusetts Senator John F. Ken

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2013年

Ben Cooper is more than just a musician: hes a storyteller, and a good one at that. Cooper, who previously was one-half of Electric President, brings his voice to the table as Radical Face and has now completed the second installation of his musical

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

From VOA Learning English, this is Science in the News. Im Christopher Cruise. Today we tell about experiments at a major university in the United States. Northwestern University researchers are studying how music affects the human brain. Jim Tedder

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(151) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Ben Cooper is more than just a musician: hes a storyteller, and a good one at that. Cooper, who previously was one-half of Electric President, brings his voice to the table as Radical Face and has now completed the second installation of his musical

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

We'll all be better off if good music is played rather than terrible music. 有好音乐听,我们的生活更美好 But Peter, Aristotle doesn't agree with you that that's the reason. 但是,彼得,亚里士多德的理由跟你的很不一样

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇