Rochelle Gollust Broadcast: August 22, 2004 ((THEME)) VOICE ONE: This is Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we bring you the second part of our program about American songwriter Cole

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Will Action Rule Again at American Movie Theaters This Weekend? It was a battle of two very different sequels in American movie theaters last weekend. The action film The Equalizer 2 narrowly won out over the musical Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again. Equa

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(七)月

1998年4月7日Andrwe Lloyd Webber五十岁生日时,在英国皇家艾伯特音乐厅(Royal Albert Hall)举办了一場音乐会。在这场音乐会上群星云集,演唱了Webber的新老作品,

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2006年

4. As a _____ actor, he can perform, sing, dance and play several kinds of musical instruments. A. flexible B. versatile C. sophisticated D. productive versatile versatile 多才多艺的 verse 诗歌

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方赵丽词汇课堂

VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: Researchers believe cello music can help improve communications skills And I'm Pat Bodnar. This week, we will tell about a new finding about the value of musi

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(十)月

Not long ago, most professional musicians lived in a world far removed from the nitty-gritty of business management, distribution and promotion. But today, social media, laptop production techniques and fragmented musical tastes have largely replaced

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(二月)

小编知道,在口语角或和外国友人相遇的时候,经常会大眼瞪小眼,说好名字,说好职业,就不知道说什么了!现在还有一个可以说爱好并且,还需要是一个被广为接受的爱好,例如音乐、运动

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-约会

William: Hello, and welcome to Entertainment, I'm William Kremer. Today, I'm very excited, because we're going to be hearing from one of my very favourite comedians Gene Wilder. If you're a fan of the crazy comedies of Mel Brooks, you'll know Gene W

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 Entertainment

Tony Award Winner Tells Young People to Be Themselves Actor Ben Platt plays a lonely teenager who has trouble fitting in. So, when he won the Tony Award Sunday night for best actor in a musical, he urged young people not to give up the qualities that

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(六)月

This is Scientific American's 60-second Science. I'm Christie Nicholson. Got a minute? We might think perfect pitch is an innate talent. Well, a study in the American Journal of Human Genetics is providing some evidence for that. Perfect pitch, aka a

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(七)月

Music and The Human Brain 音乐与人类大脑 From VOA Learning English, this is Science in the News. Im Christopher Cruise. Today we tell about experiments at a major university in the United States. Northwestern University researchers are studyin

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(十)月

BBC Learning English London Life Connie Fisher Anna:Hello, I'm Anna Jones and this is London Life. And in todays programme we look at how a young woman called Connie Fisher succeeded in her dream to play one of the best known parts in musical theatr

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(141) / 评论(0) 分类 伦敦生活

Gladys desperately wants to succeed as a solo singer, but she is finding the music world is a tough place. A potential manager holds out the promise of help. Should she trust Dud the Dude? And is she weak-willed to be talked into doing something to s

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

Parents who spend time and money to teach their children music, take heart -- a new Canadian study shows young children who take music lessons have better memories than their nonmusical peers(1). The study, to be published in the online edition of th

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Ben Cooper is more than just a musician: hes a storyteller, and a good one at that. Cooper, who previously was one-half of Electric President, brings his voice to the table as Radical Face and has now completed the second installation of his musical

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

Ashley Tisdale - Love Me For Me Ashley Tisdale I'm not the girl that you see in the magazine Perfect face and perfect body Never be anyone but the one I am, what I am I can't bend to your expectations Look to fulfill any fantasy If what I am is what

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

a new Canadian study shows young children who take music lessons have better memories than their nonmusical peers. Parents who spend time and money to teach their children music, take heart -- a new Canadian study shows young children who take music

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart lived between 1756 and 1791. He is one of the most famous composers ever to live. You can hear his music almost everywhere today in TV commercials, movies, mobile phone ringtones, and of course concert halls. He composed over

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名人简介

Todd: OK. Cat, we're back. We're gonna talk about things you can do. Cat: OK. Todd: Can you cook? Cat: Not really! Todd: No! Cat: Well, I can, but not very well. Todd: OK. What do you do for dinner? Cat: Buy take-away food. Todd: OK. When you buy tak

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

Ben Cooper is more than just a musician: hes a storyteller, and a good one at that. Cooper, who previously was one-half of Electric President, brings his voice to the table as Radical Face and has now completed the second installation of his musical

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲