Broadcast: May 12, 2003 By Rochelle Gollust VOICE ONE: I'm Phoebe Zimmerman. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program People in America. Today, we tell about Irving Berlin.

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-美国故事

BARBARA KLEIN: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Barbara Klein. Baseball is a sport that began in the eastern United States in the eighteen hundreds. It became known as the national pastime, a game that millions of people continu

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(四)月

回忆高中的点点滴滴:歌舞青春 High School Musical sung by the HSM 3 Cast. Lookin' forward from center stage, to graduation day, time to get the future started! What we leave when we take with us, no matter what, it's somethin' we're a pa

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 OMG美语

DIALOG 38 MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS (Sound of piano playing) laurance--Listen!Somebody's playing the piano. soony--Yeah,it sounds nice,doesn't it?I wish I could play a musical instrument. laurance--Don't yo

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力训练连载

怎样才算是一个有音乐细胞的人。不单单是会弹乐器哦 Yvonne: Hello, I'm Yvonne Archer, this is 6 Minute English and I'm delighted that Rob has joined me today! Hello Rob. Rob: Hello Yvonne, nice to be here. Yvonne: To start the Ne

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 一起听英语

比约克1965年11月21日出生于冰岛首都雷克雅维克,曾是当年在独立音乐圈中显赫一时的糖乐队的主唱,1993年推出了首张专辑即被英国权威音乐杂志《Q》评为年度TOP10之一,次年又一举赢得英国

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 英语名人堂

Different Types of Composers I can see three different types of composers in musical history, each of whom creates music in a somewhat different fashion. The type that has fired public imagination mos

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Plucking Sounds From the Past Many of us have passed through Wulai to view its famous waterfall, but have you ever stopped to appreciate the unique sounds coming from the heart of this ancient aborigi

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

One of the many theatres in London's West End For many people the highlight of a visit to London is the chance to see a West End show. The West End of London, situated a stones throw from Piccadilly Circus and Chinatown, is home to dozens of beautif

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 Take Away English

Frederic Francois Chopin Frederic Francois Chopin, Polish-born composer and renowned pianist, was the creator of 55 mazurkas, 13 polonaises, 24 preludes, 27 etudes, 19 nocturnes, 4 ballads, and 4 scherzos. Frederic Chopin was born in Zelazowa Wola,

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 每天一点英文

Susan Watson: Still Singing After Decades in Musicals Ask many actors and they will tell you it is hard to get work when you are just starting out and also as you get older. That has not been the case for American musical actress Susan Watson. In 195

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Movie Music Accustomed though we are to speaking of the films made before 1927 as silent, the film has never been, in the full sense of the word, silent. From the very beginning, music was regarded as an indispensable accompaniment; when the Lumiere

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小短文

the sounds of the world There is a world of music out there! What we hear on the radio or see on TV is only a small part of all the wonderful music that is waiting for us.Most of us probably like pop music and have our favourate performers,stars or b

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 高中英语听力人教版第一册

VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about and play music by songwriter Jerome Kern. He was the man who helped invent the modern musical play. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Jer

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(二)月

VOICE ONE: This is Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: Cole Porter And this is Steve Ember with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we bring you the second part of our program about American songwriter Cole Porter. Porter wrote his songs from the

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(二)月

We got great television tonight.This is an exciting night for television. 今晚节目很棒 今晚是电视的大日子 You know,Andy,tonight is the night of that live Peter pan musical on NBC. 安迪 今晚NBC放松直播彼得潘音乐剧 Oh,yeah,

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 柯南脱口秀

大家应该注意到,每道题都有较固定的出题套路。也就是说虽然我们事先不知道题目里面是什么内容,但是大方向我们一旦把握,考试时明显可以很快地掌握题目的真谛。其次么,我们更应该

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

Ben Cooper is more than just a musician: hes a storyteller, and a good one at that. Cooper, who previously was one-half of Electric President, brings his voice to the table as Radical Face and has now completed the second installation of his musical

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

From the bolero to the mambo and from the rumba to the salsa, Cuba has a rich heritage of musical talent looking to take advantage of the renewed ties between Cuba and the United States. Since the 1962 U.S. Trade Embargo, musicians in Cuba have strug

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

走红英语怎么说? 走红在互联网时代就是病毒传播 It has gone viral. 它疯狂传播。 Viral: 病毒 或者也可以用trending Something is trending. 变得热门 Trending本身是趋势的意思,Twitter上的热搜就用trendin

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀