今天毛拉的姐姐来到了演播室,她曾去过很多国家,毛拉突发奇想,为什么不采访采访她的姐姐呢,来看看毛拉的姐姐都有哪些旅游趣事? Maura: Today we are going to do a Chatterbox episode, and that is

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

毛拉和哈皮这期讲的是多元文化 Maura: Right. But before we get started, I want to say, if my voice sounds a bit strange, I have a bit of a frog in my throat. Ive been sick off and on a lot this winter. I hope it goes away soon. Harp: I ho

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

Explanation: When Americans are asked about wars that the United States fought in during the 1800s, they often think of the Civil War. The Civil War was the war in which Americans fought each other, with northern states fighting against southern stat

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 美国精神

A: How are you doing? B: I'm pretty good, you? A: I'm awesome. B: How long have you been on the bus? A: I've been on here for like, 15 minutes. B: Do you catch this bus a lot? A: Not much, I have a car. B: So, you have your own car? A: I sure do. B:

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 实用乘车英语

Apple has warned that future investment by multinationals in Europe could be hit after it was ordered to pay a record-breaking Euro13bn (£11bn) in back taxes to Ireland. 欧盟要求苹果公司向爱尔兰政府补缴破纪录的130亿欧元(110亿

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

雅思考试中出现概率较高的地名 一、U.K. /the United Kingdom/Great Britain 英国(大不列颠) London 伦敦 England 英格兰 Liverpool 利物浦 Belfast 贝尔法斯特 Manchester 曼彻斯特 Sheffield 谢菲尔德 Birmingham 伯明

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

【欧美经典】PS. I love you 剧情简介 美貌聪慧的霍莉,嫁给了热情幽默的爱尔兰人盖瑞。两个人非常相爱,以至于在丈夫盖瑞因病去世后,霍莉的生活立刻失去了重心,止步不前。没有人比盖瑞

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美绝对经典 U2

每天都该对自己跟别人说的话 You are great. 一般的用法: You're great/errific. 你好棒/好厉害。 I admire you. 我佩服你。 You're really cool. 你真酷。 You're amazing. 你真

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC, in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) I'm Doug Johnson. On our show this week: We answer a question about advertising /P Play some music from Thievery Corporation /P And report about Saint Patrick's Day. Saint Patrick's

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(三)月

你不知道怎么用英语夸赞别人,今天就为你介绍几种来解忧。 You did a great job. 你做得很好。 You really impress me. 你令我印象深刻。 You are a great asset to our company. 你是本公司的重要资产(台柱)。

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

Ireland has become the first country in the world to legalize same-sex marriage by popular vote. CRI's London correspondent Duan Xuelian has more. The result was announced in Dublin on Saturday. 62% of Irish came out in favor of legalizing same-sex m

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Do you think I'm without a relative in the world and must leave my money and my land to Mother Church, is that it? I have no idea, he said tranquilly, pouring himself more tea. As a matter of fact, I have a brother with a large and thriving family of

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 荆棘鸟

自己说英语会经常闹笑话?别灰心,其实美国人和别国人讲英语时也会闹笑话的! 因为有些词在美国是这个意思,但是在另外的英语国家却完全是另外一个意思。看看下面8个常见但容易闹笑话

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

HBO's Popular TV series Game of Thrones has given Northern Ireland's economy an unexpected tourism boast. Local officials say filming of the series in Northern Ireland has led to a 110-million pounds investment in the economy. Season six is currently

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

WASHINGTON, Feb. 21 (Xinhua) -- World No. 1 Rory McIlroy and 14-time major champion Tiger Woods have been ousted of the World Golf Championships Match Play Championship in the first round on Thursday. McIlroy from Northern Ireland lost to Ireland's S

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

And you're waiting for me to tell you which one comes top. 你在等我告诉你哪个国家是第一名。 And I'm going to tell you, but first of all I want to tell you precisely what I mean when I say a good country. 我会告诉你,但首先让我

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

DAVID GREENE, HOST: OK, we reported yesterday that Apple, the most profitable tech company in the United States has found a loophole to keep down its U.S. tax burden. They store billions of dollars overseas, paying very little taxes on that money. Wh

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

英语新词:夸奖别人的十个词语 1. Good job! 干得好! 2. Well done. 真棒! 3. Here you go. 干得好! 4. TERRIFIC! 太棒了! 5. Topnotch! 高手!绝对一流! 6. AWESOME! 好极了! 7. Good for you! 太好了,祝贺你!

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

It is not every day you get a chance to see the Queen of England so when you do, the pressure is on to find a way to remember it forever. For a 14-year-old quick-thinking boy in Belfast, Ireland, that way was to snap a selfie with the very unsuspecti

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

One of my friends told me she read a story in the paper today about a man who died from eating mushrooms, which I thought was quite strange because this old man lived in the mountains I think, or lived in a country area where he would have eaten mush

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话