The UK exports more food to Ireland than to Canada, China, Japan, Russia, Saudi Arabia and South Korea combined. 英国出口到爱尔兰的食品比出口到加拿大、中国、日本、俄罗斯、沙特阿拉伯和韩国加起来的还要多。 T

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

60 北爱尔兰首相与布莱尔讨论和平进程问题 N. Ireland Official Discusses Peace Process With Blair Laurie Kassman London 12 Jun 2001 23:31 UTC Northern Ireland First Minister David Trimb

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(1)

These days, my hobbies are pretty much reading! reading and hiking. Yeah. I moved to a new house recently, and I like to hike in the mountain nearby. Its not really a mountain but its a nice hill. And, uh, lets see I love reading, I love history book

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 这句英语怎么说

Language Points If you want to say thank you, don't say sorry. Thank you for your patience. Sorry I'm always late. Thank you for spending time with me. Sorry I'm kind of a drage. Thank you for understanding me.Sorry I'm not making a lot of sense. Tha

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 爆笑英语口语

加拿大冬天下那么大的雪,人们是怎么出行的呢,小孩子又有什么新的游戏呢 Sample transcript Harp: You know something funny that I saw one day in the winter last year, I saw a woman with a stroller and it had skis on it. M

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

Saint Patrick's Day, March 17, is an annual celebration of the patron saint of Ireland. It is a national holiday in Ireland, and millions of Irish people all over the world where there are Irish communities celebrate. Celebrations are based on all th

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 世界节假日博览

The island of Ireland lies west of Britain and is the westernmost island of the British Isles. Although a small country, it has an amazing history of over 5,000 years. Few places on the planet are as packed with history as Ireland. Everywhere you loo

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 人教高中英语高二

Todd: Marika, what is the best city in your country? Marika: I think Montreal is the best city in my country. I've never been to Vancouver but I think Montreal is the best city in my country. Todd: Why is it so special? Marika: I think it is special

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

A: Have you heard about Jessica's party on Saturday? B: I've heard about it, but I'm still waiting for my invitation. A: Really? I got mine from her this morning. B: I'm guessing that she's going to give me my invite today or tomorrow. A: You're prob

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 英语闲谈

In case you havent heard, Ireland passed a historic referendum Friday. For the first time, same-sex marriage legalization was voted on by the people (they voted Yes btw). Here are some of the best celeb reactions to the news. 当地时间5月22日,爱

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

JEFFREY BROWN:And next: tech giant Apple on the hot seat on Capitol Hill for tax practices that saved the company billions. Margaret Warner has that story. MARGARET WARNER:Chairman Carl Levin laid out the findings of his Senate panel's investigative

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈商业系列

WASHINGTON, Sept. 2 (Xinhua) -- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) announced Friday that it has completed the third review of Ireland's economic performance that enables the immediate disbursement of an amount equivalent to 1.32 billion IMF specia

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

爱尔兰是信奉天主教的国家,禁止离婚。所以,两人结婚时必须选择婚姻关系的期限1年至100年。这种婚姻法的高明之处在于,婚姻的期限恰好与结婚的费用成反比。如果你选择了1年期限,将支

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

Airbus Warns It Could Leave in Event of 'No-Deal' Brexit The chief of Airbus on Thursday warned that the aviation company could move its United Kingdom operations out of Britain. The move might happen if the country leaves the European Union without

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Once upon a time, there was a village in north Wales called Llanfair. Llanfair means, simply, the church of St Mary in the Welsh language, and there are many other places in Wales called Llanfair. The particular Llanfair in this story was called Llan

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语

讲解文本: The Ghouls 寻龙诀 ghoul 食尸鬼,盗墓贼 special effect 特效 The special effect in The Ghouls are awesome, you should see it. 《寻龙诀》里的特效做的棒极了,你可以去看看。 疯狂练习吧!

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

As the old saying goes: There are only two certianties in life - death and taxes. It's the latter that members of the OECD's Forum on Tax Administration have been meeting about. The group, which represents around 40-different countries and internatio

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

今天是3月17日。在欧洲、北美,甚至国内,很多外国人都会戴上绿帽子。因为今天是爱尔兰的盛大节日:St. Patrick's Day (圣派特里克日)。这是一个外国人放飞天性的节日:穿绿衣、戴绿帽、喝啤

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

释义: be like 像 在这里,like 作为一个介词,表示像。I'm like you 就表示我和你的想法一样,I'm not like you 则表示我和你不同。另外,经常会使用 It's like 形态,可以在后面连接名词(... ing,从

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语

释义: What... like? 怎么样? What's ... like?与 How ... 具有相同的含义。经常会与 What does ... look like?作比较,What ... like?表示人物(事物)的性格(性质),而 What does ... look like?单纯表示外观(a

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语