11. Power without Pollution Pollution is a big problem in almost all the big cities of the world. City people are, therefore, becoming more and more worried about how they can get rid of pollution. Th

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(362) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄中级美国英语

It's all thanks to new technology that a student in Texas is doing something he thought might be impossible: be in class with his friends. And how he's doing it is really gonna amaze you. That story's coming up. I'm Carl Azuz. A new week of CNN Stude

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2011年(一)月

Unit 8 Coping with an Educational Problem Part I Pre-reading Task Listen to the recording two or three times and then think over the following questions: 1. What was the teacher's purpose in asking hi

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 高级英语 下

Britain 英国 Cross-border trade in Ireland: A pricier pint 爱尔兰跨境贸易:更贵的一品脱 Guinness is one of many businesses that could be hit by a harder boarder. 有很多行业可能会受到强硬边境管控的影响,吉尼斯黑啤

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

1. Emergency crews continue to sift through the wreckage of Joplin, Missouri after a tornado flattened part of the town. Dozens of people were killed, including at least four people at the city's hospital. About 2,000 buildings were damaged. 2. Tim P

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(五月)

Todd: Hey, Eucharia can you give us a brief history of Ireland? Eucharia: Sure well, I think most people know of St Patricks day and that it is an Irish festival which celebrates being Irish. Well, St Patrick was brought to Ireland in 460 as a slave

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Amelia Earhartby Linda BaxterAmelia Earhart was born in 1897, in Kansas, USA. Even as a child she didn't behave in a conventionally 'feminine' way. She climbed trees and hunted rats with her rifle - but she wasn't particularly interested in flying. S

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 英文杂志-Magazine

Irish voters will decide on Friday whether to end the countrys ban on abortion in most cases. Voters will be asked in a referendum whether the countrys constitution should be changed to remove current restrictions on abortion. A constitutional amendm

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(五)月

IRA Vows to End Its Armed Struggle against Britain 爱尔兰共和军立誓结束对英武力斗争 For the past 36 years, the Irish Republican Army has been waging an armed campaign against British r

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(下)--国政军事聚焦

St. Patrick's Day is a global celebration of Irish culture, one thats deeply rooted in arts, music and literature. The traditional festival is also a shot in the arm for Irelands tourism industry. Tourism is worth 3 and a half billion euro to the Iri

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻视频

A CHINESE BILLIONAIRE has bought up 76 Irish thoroughbred horses which were airlifted to the Asian country from Shannon Airport. 一位中国的亿万富翁将76匹爱尔兰纯种马从香农机场用飞机运到亚洲国家。 All were purchased for

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

There has been widespread criticism in the US of the European Commission's ruling that Apple should pay up to 11bn pounds in back taxes. 欧盟委员会针对苹果公司应该支付高达110亿英镑税款的裁决已经遭到了美国的广泛批评。

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

AS IT IS 2016-09-04 Apple CEO Tim Cook Upset about EU Tax Bill 苹果CEO蒂姆库克不满欧盟税收法案 After a two-year investigation, the European Union (EU) says the American company Apple must pay over $14 billion in back taxes to Ireland. T

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Facebook CEO马克扎克伯格昨日在一所中学发表演讲,在演讲中他说到了这几句话: There are no shortcuts to success A lot of building a company or a product like Facebook is just about determination and believing that you can.

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

Kate, New Zealand speaker I like to go shopping and I usually go to the department stores, although they can be a little bit expensive, and I usually shop at Gap or some of the cheaper places in my country, in New Zealand, it's called Glassins and al

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat

Jessica: Kate, where are you from? Kate: I'm from London in England. Jessica: OK, and your heritage is..? Kate: My heritage is Irish. My grandparents were Irish, both sets of grandparents. Jessica: Oh, wow. What part of Ireland were they from? Kate:

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Todd: So, Marion, for people that go to Ireland, what's one place they really should visit? Marion: Well, one of my favorite spots is called the Cliffs of Moher. Todd: The Cliffs of Moher. Marion: Yeah, and that's on the West Coast. It's quite near G

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

DUBLIN, Jan. 23 (Xinhua) -- Ireland's Green Party announced Sunday it can no longer remain in the coalition government(联合政府) led by Prime Minister Brian Cowen. For a very long time we in the Green Party have stood back in the hope that Fianna

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

❤ 模仿文本:Now it's an important moment in the psychology of Europe's single currency zone. For the past three years Ireland has relied on an emergency funding from international creditors including European Union to stay afloat and navigate

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

为了方便广大考生更好的复习,整理了雅思听力常考地名词汇,以供各位考生考试复习参考,希望对考生复习有所帮助。愿大家都能取得好成绩。 U.K./the United Kingdom/Great Britain 英国(大不列颠)

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语