VOICE ONE: I'm Mario Ritter. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. This week, we tell about some of the biggest space stories of two thousand nine. First, there was the American space agency's discovery of water on

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(384) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十二)月

EXPLORATIONS - The Lewis and Clark Exploration: One of the Most Important Events in American History By Paul Thompson Broadcast: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is Steve Ember. VO

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

CD1-track10 Stonehenge What is the main topic of the lecture? A Two different views on the original purpose of Stonehenge. B The detailed history of how Stonehenge was built. C The geological explanation about the stones used in building Stonehenge.

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 新托福考试听力特训

Newly Discovered Bones Show Genetic Mix of Ancient Human Relatives Scientists say they have discovered the remains of an ancient female whose mother was a Neanderthal and whose father was Denisovan. Neanderthals and Denisovans are early human species

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Lesson 34:A happy discovery幸运的发现 Listen to the tape then answer the question below. 听录音,然后回答以下问题。 What was the 'happy discovery'? Antique shops exert a peculiar fascination on a great many people. The more expensive

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(430) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第三册

1. Attorneys for a Texas nurse accused of fatally shooting a mother and speeding away with the dying woman's newborn son say they plan to evaluate her mental state. Lawyers for Verna McClain say she was confused, visibly upset and mumbling to them du

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2012(四月)

With the development of technology, today, our life is facilitated with all kinds information sources. We can read books on the Internet, which is much convenient than buying the books in the stores. I like to read E-books, because there are many adv

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

By Marilyn Christiano Broadcast: December 23, 2003 (THEME) ANNOUNCER: EXPLORATIONS -- a program in Special English by the Voice of America. (MUSIC) Today, Richard Rael and Tony Riggs tell the story of

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(下)-美国人文故事

-Lawrence, what a discovery! And I believe I was you who made it. -Yes, I was me and my team. We took a lot of groundbased observing and a lot of modeling, and also it was quite the team that actually made the discovery. I got to lead it, because I'v

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2011年(九)月

Hi, laurence, whats a discovery that I believe it was u who made it. Yes, I and my team, we took a lot of ground basic oberserving and a lot of modeling, and also it was quite the team that actually made the discovery. I got to lead it coz I have bee

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2011年(九)月

Pfizer is the worlds largest pharmaceutical company. It was founded in New York in 1849 by Charles Pfizer and his cousin. Their business started booming after they discovered a process for making citric acid. This method was vital in producing penici

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名牌博览

Please respond! Mission control. This is chief systems officer Vincent Campbell speaking. ___________1__________ when you're back on earth? Only ten? Tomorrow is our last day. But I don't know if we're gonna make it home. What happened in there? We'v

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英文电影预告片填空

1994年度的诺贝尔经济学奖,授予美国普林斯顿大学数学系的纳什教授等三位对博弈论作出奠基性贡献的学者。好莱坞大制作《美丽心灵》A Beautiful

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - American Scientists Estimate Future Weather Conditions in Africa By Jill Moss and Amanda Scott Broadcast: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, i

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

'Super' Stonehenge Discovered A Short Distance From The Original Monument 英巨石阵外围又发现超级巨石 Discovered 3-ft underground beneath the Durrington Walls, Superhenge', that lies about two miles from the original Stonehenge, is the la

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

direct a./ad. 直接的(地)v. 指挥 direction n. 方向,方位 director n. 指导者,主任 directory n. 人名地址录,(电话)号码簿 disappoint v. 使失望 解析:disappointment n. 失望 d

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind. 语音讲解 单词发音 generation n.一代;产生;一代人;生殖 human beings 人类 alter vt.改变,更改 连词发音

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读

Soon one of these new strains, called Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, began to show up in hospitals. 过不多久,一种名叫抗甲氧苯青霉素葡萄球菌的新品种葡萄球菌开始在医院里出现。 Only one type of antibio

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Liz Waid. Voice 2 And Im Robin Basselin. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 3 Over 60% of our planet is covere

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(362) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

Discovery 发现 The worddiscovery literally means, 发现一词,字面上是指, uncovering something that's hidden from view. 揭开某种实现以外的隐藏的事物。 But what really happens is a change in the viewer. 不过其实是观察者

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读