Continental Airlines says it has called off its merger talks with United Airlines and will instead remain an independent air carrier. United had hoped to reach an agreement with Continental by late this week. But Continental's board of directors dec

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年NPR美国国家公共电台四月

12.The Discovery of What It Means to Be an American James Baldwin 1 It is a complex fate to be an American, Henry James observed, and the principal discovery an American writer makes in Europe is just how complex this fate is. Americas history, her a

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(205) / 评论(0) 分类 高级英语 下

Jessie called, Lunch! We have a surprise for you, Benny. Benny took one look at his plate. On it was a piece of Commander Williams fish and a pile of fluffy mashed potatoes. Oh, mashed potatoes! shouted Benny. Youre a nice sister, Jessie! But where d

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 12 Houseboat Mystery

The minutes went by, but no bus pulled up in front of the station. Frank did not come back either. The strange boys were gone, but nobody knew where. Not even a car passed. Benny finally spoke up. Its one oclock now. Thats long past lunch time, and I

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 18 Bus Station Mystery

act as if we are happy 假装快乐工作 There are four stenographers in my office, and each of us is assigned to take letters from several men. One day, when I was asked to do a long letter over, I started to rebel. I tried to point out the man tha

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 女人香美丽英文

Emergency workers are searching for more victims from deadly storms that raked Arkansas yesterday. At least eight people are dead and more are hurt in four more states. Dozens of homes have been damaged or destroyed. And the National Weather Service

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年NPR美国国家公共电台五月

For writing is discovery. The language that never leaves our head is like colorful yarn, which endlessly spins out multicolored threads dropping into emptiness, momentarily compacted, entangled, fascinating, and elusive. We have glimpses that seem br

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

The greatest discovery in 3000 years will uncover the origin of a secret power, and lead history's greatest heroes where they've never gone before. You're speaking with the Pharaoh. Kiss my staff. Is it okay if I don't? Now you and I both know there

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英文电影预告片填空

I think paper is one of the best inventions ever. Without paper, we would all still be farmers. The discovery of paper was the start of the first information technology revolution. OK, its not very technological, but it did change our lives. We start

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-P

World Tuberculosis Day falls on March 24th each year. It is sponsored by the World Health Organisation. Its aim is to raise global awareness that tuberculosis is still an epidemic in many parts of the world. Many people in rich countries believe the

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(153) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

Unit 18 DIALOGUE I After an English Evening A: Our English Evening was a great success, wasn't it? B: Yes. Everyone enjoyed it. The performance was terrific. A: Yes, that's because every performer too

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 新编大学英语教程

Artemisinin, also known as QingHaoSu in Chinese, was discovered by Chinese scientist Tu Youyou. She received the 2015 Nobel Prize for Physiology and Medicine for the drug's discovery by her team more than three decades ago. In her speech at the Karol

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

It was a stunning discovery. After a quest lasting decade, Donald Lynden-Bell had been proved right. Here indeed, just where he had predicted, was a super massive black hole. But in the last year, the quest to find and understand black holes has sudd

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2013年

今天我们要学的词是refute. Refute is spelled r-e-f-u-t-e, refute. Refute 的意思是驳斥,反驳。比如,I was able to refute his argument. 我反驳了他的观点。A new discovery by archaeologists refutes the idea that the Mayans p

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Voice 1 Thank you for joining us for todays Spotlight program. Im Rebekah Schipper. Voice 2 And Im Liz Waid. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

October 29th, 1929On Wall Street, Black Tuesday descends upon the New York Stock Exchange. Stock prices collapse made panic selling, wiping out thousands of investors as Americas Great Depression begins. 2004In a video tape statement, Osama Bin Laden

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2010年

October 29th, 1929, on Wall Street, Black Tuesday descends upon the New York Stock Exchange. Stock prices collapse made panic selling, wiping out thousands of investors as Americas Great Depression begins. 2004, in a video tape statement, Osama Bin L

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2013年

October 29th, 1929, on Wall Street, Black Tuesday descends upon the New York Stock Exchange. Stock prices collapse made panic selling, wiping out thousands of investors as Americas Great Depression begins. 2004, in a video tape statement, Osama Bin L

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2014年

迷你对话 A: Tom set the whole country by the ears with his discovery. 约翰的发明震惊了全国。 B: He is really terrific! 他真行。 A: He was very clever when he was a boy. 他小的时候就非常聪明。 对话精讲 第一、 习惯用

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

Voice 1 Hello. Im Ruby Jones. Voice 2 And Im Marina Santee. Welcome to Spotlight. This programme uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 The large creature

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight