This mystery keeps getting weirder and weirder, said Benny as he followed his brother up the steep path. I wonder if that face you saw yesterday was Rose Payne. Violet had decided to share her sighting with her sister and brothers after all. I know,

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 71 The Ghost Town Mystery

At breakfast they talked about the two boats and the two men. Its time to ring the bell, said Benny. I have to go. But Benny really had something else in mind. He wanted to look around the schoolhouse. He wanted to see where the hole went in George W

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 10 Schoolhouse Mystery

The Aldens refused to give up. The next day they went back to riding their bikes up and down the streets of Greenfield. Weve been all over the Morningside neighborhood, Jessie pointed out as they sat on a bench in the town square. The children were t

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 87 The Mystery of the Spider's

I dont have to work at the park this morning, so Im going to walk to town to do a little shopping, Lainey said the next morning after breakfast. Who wants to come with me? I do, said Benny. Me, too, echoed Jessie and Violet. Count me in, Henry said.

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 81 The Mystery of the Midnight

ANNOUNCER: EXPLORATIONS -- a program in Special English by the Voice of America. (MUSIC) Today, Richard Rael and Tony Riggs tell the story of American astronomer Edwin Hubble. He changed our ideas about the universe and how it developed. Edwin Hubbl

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(四)月

AS IT IS - A discovery that could save the lives of millions of newborns Welcome to AS IT IS, from VOA Learning English. Im Christopher Cruise. Today, its all about saving babies and preventing pregnancy Kelly Jean Kelly will report on a discovery th

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Space shuttle Discovery has launched on a mission to deliver new science equipment to the International Space Station. 美国发现号航天飞机已经升空执行一项任务,就是将新型科研仪器运送至国际空间站。 Discovery blaste

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2010年4月

What Is the Truth behind the Mummy's Curse? 都是法老王诅咒搞的鬼? For over a century, tales of Egyptian mummies seeking revenge over their disturbed tombs have excited the curiosity of people around the world. However, according to Britis

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS -August 13, 2002: Head Bones of a Very Distant Family Member / Freezing the Dead / Tobacco Dangers Greater Than Believed VOICE ONE: This is Sarah Long. VOICE TWO: And this is Bob D

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

STEVE EMBER: Im Steve Ember. SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: And Im Shirley Griffith with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about an American spacecraft that has a date with a comet. We hear the latest about a Space Shuttle commander whose wife co

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(二)月

It started with a simple experiment: take some graphite - the black stuff in the middle of a pencil - and put a piece of tape over it. When the scientists at the University of Manchester did that, they found that they could develop a material that co

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十)月

The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, along with INTERPOL and the government of Guinea, recently discovered four sites where they believe drugs such as heroin, cocaine and ecstasy could have been processed and manufactured in Conakry. These

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(八月)

As Discovery begins its 39th and final mission into Earth's orbit Thursday, Americas 30-year space shuttle program comes one step closer to its scheduled end this April. 发现号航天飞机2月24日下午升空,开始它第39次、也是最后一次

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2011年3月

NASA officials say images taken of the space shuttle Discovery's launch on Tuesday show a small piece of foam insulation may have struck the orbiter's wing. A similar wing hit during the launch of the Columbia in February 2003 caused the disaster whe

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 Bilingual News

Its an incredible idea. But most experts now believe that todays birds are the direct descendants of ancient dinosaurs. So does that mean birds actually are dinosaurs? Yes. Absolutely. How can you be sure about that? You have evidence from the skel

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

Hollywood actor Sean Bean tells the story of Waterloo, one of history's most decisive battles. Sean's journey of discovery is inspired by his own experiences of playing Napoleonic soldier Richard Sharpe in TV films based on Bernard Cornwell's best-se

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2015年

Hollywood actor Sean Bean tells the story of Waterloo, one of history's most decisive battles. Sean's journey of discovery is inspired by his own experiences of playing Napoleonic soldier Richard Sharpe in TV films based on Bernard Cornwell's best-se

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2015年

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Space Shuttle in Orbit but Future Flights Suspended By Caty Weaver,Jerilyn Watson,... Broadcast: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA S

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: You might want to set aside your cornflakes for a moment now. Ed Yong writes in The Atlantic about a substance he says, quote, looks revolting but is also one of nature's more wondrous substances, unlike anything else that's been c

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

Today, a fever is an uncomfortable nuisance, but a hundred-plus years ago, fevers were often fatal. The difference between then and now is the class of drugs known as antibiotics. As the name implies, anti-biotics work against life, or, more specific

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16