It was nearly midnight when Benny came to a decision he just had to take one last look at the treasures from the dig. After making sure that Joe and Henry were sound asleep, he crept out of the bedroom and headed downstairs. He groped his way in the

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 37 The Mystery of the Lost Vil

Police have found three human bones during a search for the body of missing Queensland schoolboy Daniel Morcombe. The discovery was revealed late yesterday, and the bones are now undergoing forensic tests. It follows the discovery of the second shoe

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2011年

1. The Los Angeles county coroner's finding that Michael Jackson's death was a homicide could eventually lead to criminal charges for Jackson's personal doctor. Doctor Conrad Murray told investigators he gave Jackson a mix of drugs to treat the pop

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2009年(八)月

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: You know there comes a time when you need a discovery and it's sometimes a single one to cross a border, to break down a wall. 有些时候,你需要一个重大而且时常是唯一的发现,才

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

英语学习笔记: cable TV 有线电视 plaster ['pl?st?r] v. 粘/涂之上 channel ['t??nl] n. 频道 contestant [k?n'test?nt] n. 参赛者 boardwalk empire 大西洋帝国 prohibition era 禁酒时期 theft [eft] n. 偷窃 enact [?n?kt] vt. 制定

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

Pfizer is the worlds largest pharmaceutical company. It was founded in New York in 1849 by Charles Pfizer and his cousin. Their business started booming after they discovered a process for making citric acid. This method was vital in producing penici

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 各大品牌英文介绍

Percival Lowell's Work Led to the Discovery of the Planet PlutoWritten by Mario Ritter (THEME) VOICE ONE: Im Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And Im Bob Doughty with the VOA Special English program People in America. Today, we tell about Percival Lowell wh

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

I felt sick. 我觉得不舒服。 I got the flu.我得流行性感冒。 I felt like vomiting.我想吐。 I went to the hospital.我去医院。 The doctor checked my throat.医生检查我的喉咙。 I had a running nose.我鼻涕流个不停。

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 不用背句型学英语

Police in Pompano Beach, Florida have captured the convicted robber who was being taken to court when a Sheriff's deputy was shot and killed. Authorities say Michael Mazza was found with the deputy's gun and there may have been accomplices . 2. Presi

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

According to the Daily Telegraph of October 9, water ice and organic molecules that help to form the basis of life have been discovered on a second asteroid, called 65 Cybele, by astronomers。 The finding was reported at a meeting of planetary scien

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

These manufacturing hubs have the potential to fundamentally change the way we build things in America. So, 10 years from now, 20 years from now. Imagine our workers manufacturing materials that used to be science fiction a sheet of metal thats thinn

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2014(三)月

Advocates on both sides of the gay marriage debate are criticizing the Supreme Court. The justices had turned away appeals from five states seeking to prohibit gay and lesbian unions. The court's order effectively makes gay marriage legal in 30 state

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2014(十)月

VOICE ONE: This is Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And this is Richard Rael with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we begin the first of two programs about the discovery of gold. Huge amounts of gold. Enough gold to make a person extreme

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(二)月

Excavations are continuing at two mass graves which have been discovered in the southeast of Turkey, a predominantly Kurdish southeast Turkey. The bodies are believed to be victims of Turkey's war against the Kurdish rebel group the PKK, which for de

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(二月)

Now out of the clear blue seas off the islands of Polynesia where scientists have discovered an area teeming with sharks, normally there is a naturally balance with lots of prey and fewer predators, but not so in this case. Our science reporter Jonat

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

Scientists have uncovered the world's largest snake. A study published in Thursdays edition of the science journal Nature reveals the discovery in Colombia. Measuring about 45-feet long and weighing more than a ton, the so-called Titanoboa would have

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2009年

模仿文本: I'm Adam Hart, and this is Discovery, On the Trail of the American Honeybee. Bee-keeping in the United States takes place on an industrial scale. Nowhere more so than in California Central Valley which, as I discovered last year, is h

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

UK-based scientists are reporting the discovery of more than a hundred new species of marine plants and animals, including thirteen new crustaceans, as part of a deep-sea survey around the British territory of Bermuda in the Atlantic. CRI's Niu Hongl

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

Lately I have caught myself still thinking Of someone that I havent seen in years I lose myself in my imagination And pretty soon I find myself in tears Funny how a gal goes right on hopin Even after years of hope is gone I know by now Ive faded from

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Antibiotics, as the name implies, work against life, or more specifically against living cells. Since our bodies are also made up of living cells, the antibiotics have to distinguish between the cells in our bodies and the cells of the bacteria causi

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16