Love of my life Love of my life you've hurt me You've broken my heart and now you leave me Love of my life can't you see Bring it back bring it back Don't take it away from me Because you don't know What it means to me Love of my life don't leave me

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 珍藏经典老歌

3 CCs BROMPTON COCKTAIL. 3:00 P.M. Caravaggio slips the book out of the mans hands. When you crashed in the desertwhere were you flying from? He asks. I was leaving the Gilf Kebir. I had gone there to collect someone. In late August. Nineteen forty-t

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

Jenny:So? 怎样? John:They've already got a guy on the metro desk. 市区的他们的都市版已经有人了。 Jenny:I'm sorry, honey. 很遗憾,亲爱的。 John:Mmm. So they're putting me on a little thing... they like to call Desert Storm. 嗯

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 影视剧中的职场美语

barren, ['brən] adj 不育的,贫瘠的(缺少有益的植被),不结果实的=sterile=bare=effete=impotent=infecund 【例】The desert is barren land 沙漠是贫瘠的土地。 【记】1)bar=bare光光的-一无所有的-

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 不择手段背单词

This is AP News Minute. Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz says Donald Trump is inciting violence and using dirty tricks to intimidate voters. Trump claims the Republican national committee is actively trying to defeat him. It's election day

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2016(四)月

Chiles Atacama Desert is one of the driest places on the planet. But recently, its turned into something totally unexpected: an oasis of pink flowers. 智利的阿塔卡马沙漠是地球上最干燥的地方之一,但最近却也出人意料地变为

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

9Oh, that my head were a spring of water and my eyes a fountain of tears! I would weep day and night for the slain of my people. 2Oh, that I had in the desert a lodging place for travelers, so that I might leave my people and go away from them; for t

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 耶利米书

So, in this suburb, the poo and the pee and the wash water are going to this treatment plant right in the middle of the community. 那么,在这片城郊,各种排泄物们和废水正涌向处于区域中心的处理池。 It looks more like a p

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Chapter 8 A Talk at Home 第八章 家里的谈话 On Sunday morning Mr. and Mrs. Arable and Fern were sitting at breakfast in the kitchen. 星期日早晨,阿拉布尔先生和太太跟弗恩一起坐在厨房里吃早饭。 Avery had finished and

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

In the Egyptian religion, certain animals were sacred: cats, for example. 在埃及的宗教中,有些动物也是神圣的,譬如猫。 Other gods were represented in animal form. 人们把某些神描绘为动物的形态。 The creature we kno

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 世界小史

When one wishes to play the wit, he sometimes wanders a little from the truth. 当人们想要说得俏皮些的时候,说话就可能会不大实在。 I have not been altogether honest in what I have told you about the lamplighters. 在给你们讲

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 小王子

physical geography 自然地理 economic geography 经济地理 geopolitics 地理政治论 ethnography 民族志 cosmography 宇宙志 cosmology 宇宙论 geology 地理学 toponymy 地名学 oceanogr

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

蔡依林《日不落》原版:Sunshine In The Rain 听起来很耳熟吧?蔡依林的日不落就是翻唱自这首sunshine in the rain。算是比较成功的翻唱,原曲的轻快和阳光明媚的感觉得以很好的保留,不过本人喜欢

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲

Acadia: An East Coast Treasure 阿卡迪亚:一个东海岸的宝藏 This week on our national parks journey, we are exploring the oldest national park east of the Mississippi River. Much of the park sits on a rocky island off the coast of Maine call

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

I'm Bear Grylls. Whoo! 我是贝尔格里尔斯 I go to some of the most dangerous places on earth to show you what it takes to make it out alive. 我将向您展示 如何从地球上 最危险的地方 逃出生天 I've traveled the globe, facing c

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 荒野求生

The story goes that two friends were walking through the desert. During some point of the journey they had an argument, and one friend slapped the other one in the face. The one who got slapped felt hurt, but without saying anything, wrote in the san

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

睡眠不足 You're Weepy 变得爱哭 Ever find yourself tearing up over an embarrassing TV commercial?While women might be quick to blame PMS, it could be a lack of sleep sending your emotions into overdrive. A 2007 study found that sleep-deprive

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

本期内容: 神舟十一号17日发射,开启了我国时间最长载人飞行,下面看一则选自上周日CNN发布的新闻 China is preparing for its longest-ever crewed space mission, with a spacecraft carrying two astronauts expected t

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(258) / 评论(0) 分类 口语侠每日早读

MUSIC MONDAY!我们今天一起来看看 OMG美语 最棒的音乐节目!!Maroon 5 的歌曲 One More Night But baby there you go again, there you go again making me love you但宝贝你又一次做到了,你又一次让我继续爱着你 看看照

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 OMG美语

We could spend the day maybe melt away On some romantic coast, out in the tropics Oh baby, we could disappear Wintertime is almost here You'll stay warm with your hands inside my pockets Nobody says we've gotta stick around Sometimes you've gotta loo

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(1589) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐