You can reach me by railway, you can reach me by trailway You can reach me on an airplane, you can reach me with your mind You can reach me by caravan, cross the desert like an Arab man I don't care how you get here, just get here if you can You can

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

He sweeps his arm across plates and glasses on a restaurant table so she might look up somewhere else in the city hearing this cause of noise. When he is without her. He, who has never felt alone in the miles of longitude between desert towns. (A m

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

I began helping a family in the Karoo Desert in the 1970s turn the desert that you see on the right there back to grassland, 20世纪70年代我开始帮助一个在卡鲁沙漠的家庭,你们看到在右边沙漠变回了草地, and thankfully,

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

这两期的节目主要是采访亚力克斯,听她讲述她的精彩人生以及有趣的冒险故事,亚力克斯的英语非常好,但其实英语只是她的第二外语,她又是如何做到的呢? Aleksandra: It was a road trip and a

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

模仿文本:Take the relationship between the world's second biggest mining company Rio Tinto and the government of Mongolia. In the last few years, Rio Tinto has spent over $6 billion building a vast copper mine way out in the Gobi desert. It's d

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

3.Ships in the Desert I was standing in the sun on the hot steel deck of a fishing ship capable of processing a fifty-ton catch on a good day. But it wasn' t a good day. We were anchored in what used to be the most productive fishing site in all of c

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(211) / 评论(0) 分类 高级英语 上

Frank Lloyd Wright,1867-1959: The greatest American building designer of the twentieth century One critic said Wright's ideas were 50 years ahead of his time. VOICE ONE: I'm Phoebe Zimmerman. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special Engl

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Poetry is a very beautiful thing. I love reading it. Its very clever. Its like reading a painting. The poet paints beautiful scenes and images with just a few words. I think its amazing how the poet can change our feelings so simply, and can make us

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

Sandstorms 沙尘暴 If the storm comes to a desert, what will happen? 如果沙漠刮起风暴会怎样? Sand and dust will blow with the wind. 沙尘都会被风吹起来。 This is called a sandstorm. 这就是所谓的沙尘暴。 The Sahara De

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第8册

Stop Crying Your Heart Out Oasis Hold up... hold on... don't be scared You'll never change what's been and gone May your smile... Shine on... Don't be scared Your destiny may keep you warm. Cos all of the stars are fading away Just try not to worry y

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

Petrified Forest National Park: Ancient and Spectacular 亚利桑那州石化林国家公园:古代和壮观 This week on our national parks journey, we travel to the southwestern state of Arizona. There, we find a strange and colorful landscape. Yel

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Nothing whets the appetite for a road trip quite like America's Wild West. Plan your trip along the Colorado River Scenic Byways and you'll be treated to a natural spectacle like no other. Just take U-9 Zion Park Scenic Byway, ride into Zion National

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

Outsiders call it peyote. The Huichol, an indigenous tribe in western Mexico, call it hikuri, and they teach their children to use it. While most societies outlaw this consciousness-altering drug, Mexico permits the tribe to use it as the central exp

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

A Virginia father trekked across a remote desert region to claim a disputed stretch of land so his seven-year-old daughter can be a real princess. 为遵守对7岁女儿的承诺让她成为一名真正的公主,美国弗吉尼亚的一位父亲长途

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Oh, yes, Wilbur adores Charlotte, said Fern. 噢,是的,威尔伯佩服夏洛,弗恩说, Do you know what Charlotte said when the goslings hatched? 你知道那些小鹅孵出来那会儿,夏洛说了什么吗? I haven't the faintest idea

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Call up the Zuckermans, suggested Mrs. Arable to Fern. 给朱克曼家打个电话吧, 阿拉布尔太太劝弗恩说, Your Uncle Homer sometimes raises a pig. 你的霍默舅舅有时候会弄只猪养养。 And if Wilbur goes there to live, 要是

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

Of course it would have been far the simplest thing to do, since those regions had already been conquered. 当然原路返回要省事得多,因为沿路各地区都已被占领。 But Alexander wanted new sights and new conquests. 但是亚历山大

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 世界小史

Todd: Every year my company gives me three weeks holiday, in summer, in August, and usually I go home and I see my family, but two years ago, before I went home, I took a hiking trip in Japan and I went hiking across the Minami Alps, uh, Minami means

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

1,000mph Target for British Car 英国制造时速达1000英里/小时的高速汽车 A British team has begun building a car designed to smash all previous land speed records and go faster than even the speed of sound. The supersonic car, called Blo

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

The stars are beautiful because of a flower that cannot be seen. What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well. 语音讲解 单词发音 desert n.沙漠;荒原;应得的赏罚 because conj.因为 beautiful adj.美丽的 美音中

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读