On the eastern side of the Arabian Peninsula, the desert turns green as clouds cover it like a blanket. This is the country of Oman's monsoon season. The natural event, which lasts for three months, draws hundreds of thousands of tourists with cool w

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Once upon a time, a very rich merchant lived in a city. He had a loving family and had all necessities of life provided for. Many a time, he left home to visit other kingdoms to spread his business and make new contacts. Once when he was to cross a d

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 一千零一夜英文故事

He aimed them towards Uweinat and its granite plateau so they could get water, take shelter in the caves. It was a halfway point. In the 1930 he had discovered caves with rock paintings there. But the plateau was crawling with Allies and he couldnt

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(205) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

Uint7 II. Basic Listening Practice 1.Script M: Now we have satellite and high-powered microscope, its easy to think we know everything about the world; but we still dont understand EI Nino. W: Right. Scientists all over the world over are even uncert

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 3

(man) Today's lecture will center on prehistoric people of the Nevada desert. Now, most of these prehistoric desert people moved across the countryside throughout the year. You might think that they were wandering aimlessly --- far from it! They act

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 托福听力短文

Mark 1The beginning of the gospel about Jesus Christ, the Son of God. 2It is written in Isaiah the prophet: I will send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way -- 3a voice of one calling in the desert, 'Prepare the way for the Lord, mak

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(164) / 评论(0) 分类 马可福音

The Little Girl Lost 小女孩的迷失 In futurity, I prophesy 在未来的时日,我预先看到,宛如先知, That the earth from sleep 大地从睡眠中苏醒, (Grave the sentence deep) (把这句话牢牢记在心) Shall arise, and

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 天真与经验之歌

Food desert refers to an area where fresh food is either non-existent or too expensive. 食品荒漠是指没有新鲜食品或这种食品价格极贵的地区。 看了以上定义,你也许对此还是没啥概念。憋急!我们来看看对此问

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

1) The Sahara is the biggest desert in the world. 形容词最高级前通常必须用定冠词 the,副词最高级前可不用。 形容词most前面没有the,不表示最高级的含义,只表示非常。 It is a most important problem. =It i

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

PSALM 78 1O my people, hear my teaching; listen to the words of my mouth. 2I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter hidden things, things from of old- 3what we have heard and known, what our fathers have told us. 4We will not hide them from the

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 诗篇

Acts 使徒行传_Ac_07 1Then the high priest asked him, Are these charges true? 2To this he replied: Brothers and fathers, listen to me! The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham while he was still in Mesopotamia, before he lived in Haran. 3'Leav

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 使徒行传

5Now when all the Amorite kings west of the Jordan and all the Canaanite kings along the coast heard how the Lord had dried up the Jordan before the Israelites until we had crossed over, their hearts melted and they no longer had the courage to face

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 约书亚记

8Be careful to follow every command I am giving you today, so that you may live and increase and may enter and possess the land that the Lord promised on oath to your forefathers. 2Remember how the Lord your God led you all the way in the desert thes

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 申命记

I Can't See 我看不见 An Irishman was once serving in a regiment in India. He did not like the climate there and decided to think out a trick by which he could get homw. He went to the doctor and said to him, my eyesight is very bad. Can you help

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

62 利用现代科技手段控制蝗虫 DATE=6-26-01 TITLE=AGRICULTURE REPORT - Controlling Locusts with Technology BYLINE=George Grow (Start at 59

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

还有不到一周的时间,我们就要和2018年说再见了。2018年,像每一个平凡的一年一样,在分秒的时钟中就这样的流走了。这一年,我相信对每一个人的意义都是不同的,或许它只是你人生中波澜

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

人生忠告 Travel more. 多旅游 You're only young once. So before you get tied down by responsibilities of amortgage, a spouse and kids, it's a good idea to explore the world and all it has to offer (as long as it doesn't break the bank!). Consid

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

ou've Got A Friend When you're down and troubled And you need a helping hand And nothing, nothing is going right Close your eyes and think of me And soon I will be there to brighten up even your darkest nights You just call out my name And you know w

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

The British Prime Minister Winston Churchill comes into his army in the desert 英国首相丘吉尔亲临沙漠,鼓励他的军队 The situation is grim but he retains his sense of humor 处境维艰,但他保持幽默感 and shares cheer of mom

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 二战启示录

In a small zoo camel asked his mother: Mom Mom, why do we so long eyelashes? Camel mother said: When the wind came, the long eyelashes will enable us to be able to see the direction of the storm. small camel asked: Mom Mom, why do we camels back then

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语