Everything's a hassle, he thought. The smallest thing is a hassle. Taking the cap off the toothpaste tube is a hassle. Squeezing the toothpaste tube is a hassle. Putting the toothpaste on the toothbrush is a hassle. Brushing his teeth is a hassle. Li

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

The USPS phone menu voice answered. Jean said, Representative. A male representative said hello. The mailman didn't redeliver my package today, Jean said. What is the tracking number for your package? he asked. Jean told him the number. I can't find

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

He had a 9 p.m. flight. He hated to fly. A passenger plane is always crowded. It is always full. Passengers are jammed together. They are packed together. Side by side. Elbow to elbow. Front to back. Knees to butts. Five hours from California to New

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

He was in his bedroom. He smelled food. The food smelled like chicken. It smelled good. A neighbor must be cooking dinner, he thought. But how could he smell his neighbor's dinner? The smell couldn't come through his apartment's heating vent. That ve

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

He needed to blow his nose. He pulled four sheets off the roll of toilet paper. What's this, he wondered. The first two sheets were 2-ply. The next two sheets were mostly 1-ply. He pulled six more sheets off the roll. The first four sheets were mostl

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

This was his first visit to the corner library. He walked over to the library information desk. The woman behind the information desk was reading a magazine. He stood in front of her. She continued reading the magazine. He cleared his throat. She loo

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

How far away is the moon? Chris asked his dad. His dad said that was a good question. He said the moon was not as far away as the sun. How far away is the sun? Chris asked. His dad said that was a good question. He said the sun was farther away than

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

There was an earthquake in Haiti. It was a 7.0 earthquake. Thousands of people died. Thousands of people were homeless. Thousands of people had no food or water. Many nations sent food and water. Some nations sent search and rescue teams. Some of the

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

The passenger plane landed a year ago. It was a famous landing. It was on TV and the radio. It was in the papers. The plane landed in the Hudson River in January. The pilot had no choice. Both engines were damaged. He couldn't go back to the airport.

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

Edie's birthday was today. I want nothing for my birthday, she had said. Nick knew better. He knew that nothing meant something. He went to the bakery in the morning. He looked at the cakes. She liked cake without icing. He looked for a cake without

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

It was a big apartment building. The building was in a big city. Delivery people left packages at the front desk. The front desk held the packages for apartment tenants. Mr. Smith was expecting a package. He stopped at the front desk. Had his package

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

Neal's front yard was full of leaves. He went outside and raked the leaves. His cell phone rang. He answered it. Then he continued raking. He raked the leaves into three plastic bags. The recycling truck came by an hour later. The driver threw the ba

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

He gave her a hug. She pulled away. Stop bothering me, she said. I'm not 'bothering?you, he said. I'm giving you a hug. I'm showing affection. You're bothering me, she said. I'm trying to make dinner. You're in the way. Do you want me to drop somethi

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

He called the cable TV company. My screen goes black, he said. Every five minutes my screen goes black. Sir, does it go completely black? the representative asked. No, he said. Big white letters say Please Wait. Oh, that's good, she said. If you don'

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

His wife asked him to buy a cigarette. Excuse me? he asked. Since when do you smoke? She said it was for the Chinese New Year. Her dead grandfather used to smoke. The cigarette was for grandpa. He went to the newsstand. He asked how much a pack of ci

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

It was noon on Wednesday. That's not fair. That's not right, Mel told Irene. He parked his car every night. He parked his car on the street. Look. The pole is in fresh cement, he said. The cement is still wet. It was a new parking sign. It said, No P

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

The phone rang. How's New York? Wally asked. I love it, Eugene said. Have you found a job? Wally asked. Of course I haven't found a job, Eugene said. I only got here a month ago. You'd better hurry up, said Wally. Your savings will run out before you

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

Word Search is a fun word puzzle. People learning English can play. People teaching English can play. Each puzzle is for one player. The player searches for hidden words. The hidden words are on a grid. The grid contains 100 squares or more. Each squ

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

Kathy said, Here, Kitty, Kitty! But Kitty didnt come. Where was Kitty? Kitty always came home for dinner. Kathy said it again. Here, Kitty, Kitty! But Kitty didnt come. Kathy stayed up late. She waited for Kitty to come in. Kitty always came in throu

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

She wanted to have two babiesone boy and one girl. She wanted to have the boy first and the girl a year later. That way they could grow up together. He said that was okay with him. She said, What do you mean, okay? It shouldnt be okay with you. You s

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读