ALLEN: Oh, my God! I've been cheated! SARAH: What? What did you buy? ALLEN: It's a brick! I can't believe how stupid I was. Damn it! SARAH: What is it? Why did you buy a brick? ALLEN: There was a guy on the sidewalk. He had three new boxes, Panasoni

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(193) / 评论(0) 分类 应急英语口语

631. Im really having a good time. 我真是玩得很开心。 632. It s too crowded to push my way through to the kitchen. 人太多了,很难挤到厨房那边去。 633. Do you know anybody at this party? 在这聚会上,你认识什么人吗? 634. Im going to have some fun whil

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 新英语900句之生活篇

Paul wakes up and finds that he is already late for class. He overslept because he had hung out with some friends until very late last night. Paul quickly has some breakfast and gets dressed. One of his reports is due before noon, so he has to rush t

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤生活英语

1.They are no longer keeping in touch with each other after the quarrel. 吵架之后他们不再联系了。 还可说成: They didn't track of each other any more after the quarrel. They don't contact any longer after teh quarrel. 谚语: It ta

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(228) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

今天我们要讲的美国习惯用语是:come down on like a ton of bricks。Ton,是一吨两吨的吨; brick,是砖头的意思。A ton of bricks一吨重的砖头砸下来,想想都让人不寒而栗。Come down on like a ton of bricks,

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

约1/3运动员曾在重大运动赛事中通过服用药品作弊 An article in the British newspaper The Sunday Times claims that around a third of the world's top athletes at a major event cheated by using drugs. The newspaper says a study was car

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语生活新闻

In life we are happiest when... 生活中我们最幸福A man and his girlfriend were married. It was a large celebration. 一个男人和他的女朋友结婚,举行了一场盛大的结婚庆典。 All of their friends and family came to see the

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

A Reason, Season, or Lifetime你生活中的人们People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which one it is, you will know what to do for each person. 人们走进你的生活,或者是为了一个原因,

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

life throws a brick at your head A young and successful executive was traveling down a neighborhood street, going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. He was watching for kids darting out from between parked cars and slowed down when he thought he saw

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 每天一点英文

We appreciate the slice of toast, the friendly encounter, the long hot bath, the spring morning -- and properly keep in mind how much worse it could, and probably will one day, be. 我们对于吃到一片土司、有一段友好的邂逅、能好好地

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: We forget about all of our new middle-class frustrations and disappointments, and we feel like millionaires. 我们忘掉生活中面临的新中产阶级挫败和沮丧,我们要自视自己是个

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

A young and successful executive was traveling down a neighborhood street, going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. He was watching for kids darting out between parked cars and slowed down when he thought he saw something. 一位年轻的总裁,以有

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

This morning on Today's Health, we are talking about relationship mistakes from dealing with the kids to the bank account. It's not always easy getting along with your significant other, but did you know that some of the mistakes you make in your rel

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录

Sometimes, I was afraid lest I should be charged with ingratitude; 有时,我真的担心自己被指责忘恩负义, but I still proposed to travel, and therefore would not confine myself by marriage. 不过我仍然打算出去见世面,因此不

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第六册

Tell me, said Caleb, thou to whose voice nations have listened, and whose wisdom is known to the extremities of Asia, tell me, how I may resemble Omar the prudent? 告诉我,卡勒卜说,在这个国家你想听谁的声音,在亚洲谁的智慧闻

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第六册

Omar, the son of Hassan, had passed seventy-five years in honor and prosperity. 哈桑的儿子奥马尔在尊享荣誉和富有中,已经过了七十五岁。 The favor of three successive caliphs had filled his house with gold and silver; 接连三

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第六册

I shall revel in inexhaustible accumulations of intellectual riches; 我将陶醉于永不枯竭的智慧财富的积累。 I shall find new pleasures for every moment, and shall never more be weary of myself. 每一时刻我都会找到新的快乐,

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第六册

编者按: 当生命想与你的心灵窃窃私语时,若你没有时间,你有两种选择:倾听你心灵的声音或让砖头来砸你! 请问你是否曾因为生活太快、太忙碌而忽略了你所爱的人,然后让他们开始开始

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语名篇背诵

In this life, what did you miss? 在生活中,你错过了什么? The wife asked the husband when she was 25. Despondently, the husband replied: 'I missed a new job opportunity.' 妻子25岁的时候这样问丈夫。丈夫沮丧地回答:我错过

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: Thank you so much. I feel the same way about you. Have a seat. Thanks for being here. That is the perfect amount of applause, and any more would be superfluous. That's a word that means more than

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文