People always say that we are lacking of the eyes of realizing the beauty in life. I cant agree with it anymore. Last week, I woke up very early in the morning, so I decided to take a walk. The street was very quiet and there were many old people dan

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 外研社新标准初中英语八年级上(2013版)

Hope 生活中一切都充满希望 演唱者:Twista 这首歌是电影《卡特教练》的主题曲,《卡特教练》是根据真人真事改编的电影,讲述卡特教练如何将上个赛季只赢了4场比赛又不好好学习的篮球队变

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语说唱歌曲

Important Things Life Teaches Us:Pickup1) in the Rain One night,at 11:30PM,an older African America2) woman was standing on the side of an Alabama highway trying to endure a lashing3) rainstorm.Her car had broken down and she desperately4) needed a r

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙

简珀英特讲诉她在生态圈2中所生活的2年20分钟--一个激发她去探索我们如何在艰苦的环境中延续生命的体验。这是第一个由TEDx所独立举办的TED会议,是在美国南加州大学举办的。

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:奇观建筑

I still dont know what I want to be when I grow up. My friends father used to say that all the time. He was in his mid-40s. 我还不知道自己长大了想干什么。我朋友的老爸以前总这么说。他已经人到中年了。 A lot of peopl

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

The United States has almost a fourth of the world's prison population -- more than two million people, to be exact. That number comes from the International Centre for Prison Studies in London. Among the groups working to improve conditions for pris

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Life in the global gutter 生活在环球小报中 The popular press 广受欢迎的报刊 Tabloids are a phenomenon worldwide, but they come in different varieties 小报是世界范围内的一种现象,但是他们以不同的种类方式存在着

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

当你难以启齿时…… 一名中国留学生初到美国,在机场找厕所,问老外:「Where is W.C.?」老外听不懂。一名中国太太到医院生产,洋护士问她:「Did yo

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Seat这个词,我们再熟悉不过了,它的中文意思是座位。我们的生活中有各种各样的座位,比如汽车上的驾驶座、看台上的观摩座等等。这些座位在不同的语境里会表示不同的意思。 1. I am ver

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

ADSL 英文Asymmetrical Digital Subscriber Line的缩写,又名网络快车。 APEC英文Asian-Pacific Economic Cooperation的缩写,即亚太经济合作组织。 AQ英文Adversity Quotient的缩写,逆境商数,指一个人处理逆境的能力

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Jaguar is an endangered animal. It is said that there are less than 20 jaguars in the world currently, one of which is now living in the national zoo of Peru. In order to protect this jaguar, Peruvians singled out a pitch of land in the zoo for it, w

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

According to Bloomberg, consumers won't need to log on to a Wi-Fi network to avoid costly mobile data overage charges when carriers start rolling out unlimited data plans. 据彭博社报道,随着运营商纷纷开始推出无限流量套餐,未来

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A man and his girlfriend were married. It was a large celebration. 一个男人和他的女朋友结婚,举行了一场盛大的结婚庆典。 All of their friends and family came to see the lovely ceremony and to partake of the festivities and ce

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

New Words wordlessly 默默无言地 mayonnaise n. 蛋黄酱 pebble n. 卵石; unanimous adj. 全体一致的;意见一致的; priority n. 优先;优先权; The Important Things In Life 生活中重要的事情 A philosophy professor stood

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

I guess there's something empowering about having some absolutely horrible thing happen to you. 我想悲痛的遭遇可以让人变得强大。《生活向前冲》 Knowledge and patience. The only counter to greater skill. 知识和耐心,是击败

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Life becomes hell without love and affection. Love is one of the hidden treasures of our life. We are fortunate enough to live in a lovely world. Many of us would die without love and affection of other peoples. There is no thing in this world is sta

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

伴随着雅思七的到来,对广大积极备考的老师和同学来说,能尽快发现、熟悉和适应新雅思带来的变化,应对新的出题理念,找到应对的策略和思路是非常必要的。相对于听力、阅读和写作来

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

My family's first TV set in 1948 我家1948年的第一台电视 had only three knobs that I quickly mastered: 只有三个旋钮,我很快就掌握了要如何使用: an on-off switch, a volume knob, 一个电源开关,一个音量旋钮 and a

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Youre talking to your native English-speaking friend about your recent breakup and how depressed you are when suddenly he turns toward you and says Dont worry about it man, girls like that are a dime a dozen! You then stare at your friend in confusio

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

下面是英语六级写作美文:生活中的激情,请考生赏析。 Three Passions I Have Lived for Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity f

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导