They haven't changed because their environment has stayed the same. The water they live in bubbles up from deep in the earth, and so it's always the same temperature. But just meters away the environm

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 生命物语

I can see the muscles that make up my face, my skull, and my own brain. So, now I can take you on that journey into my ear in a way that’s never been possible before. This time we can fly straight t

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 生命物语

...is actually the result of immeasurable activity inside our bodies. We are performing literally thousands of different tasks every second of every day. Simply being is part of an intricately complic

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 生命物语

They are heart cells, and several million of them working at once is a heartbeat. In this case, it's your head that rules your heart as it's your brain that decides what rate your heart should be beat

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 生命物语

22 Good-bye To All That 第二十二章 多灾多难的生命进程 When you consider it from a human perspective, and clearly it would be difficult for us to do otherwise, life is an odd thing. 要是你从人的角度去考虑生命这个问题,显

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air. You name them work, family, health, friends and spirit and you're keeping all of these in the air. You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it wi

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Student Michelle Gardner-Quinn wrote of her belief in reverence for life just before she was killed. Welcome to This I Believe, an NPR series presenting the personal philosophies of remarkable men and women from all walks of life. From NPR News, thi

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: Tell me, what is it that you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? 告诉我,你打算在疯狂珍贵的有限生命里做些什么?

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Balancing Your Life Live life with a due sense of responsibility, not as those who do not know the meaning of life but as those who do. Ephesians 5:15 (Ph) Don't let the errors of evil people lead you down the wrong path and make you lose your balanc

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 标杆人生

the news that steve jobs had finally logged out Steve Jobs去世的新闻铺天盖地, made headlines everywhere. 成为世界各地的头版头条. this man really had changed the world. 这个人真的改变了世界. when you grow up, you tend t

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记

Perhaps it's only when we fully accept that we will die that we can fully accept how alive we are right now.Death brings perspective, then. It brings us back to life and it asks of me, how, now, will I live? A friend works at a hospice, and recently

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

Across the river from Belem Brazil, the largest city in the Amazon Basin, the channels are busy with boat traffic. Here traditional river dwellers make a living by harvesting the black fruit of the thin acai palm tree. In this part of the Amazon, ac

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(152) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2008年

Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air. You name them work, family, health, friends and spirit and youre keeping all of these in the air. You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it wi

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 Faith轻松电台

Life 生命 by Emily Dickinson If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain; If I can ease one life the aching, Or cool one pain, Or help one fainting robin Unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain. 如果我能使一颗心免于

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 感悟人生

(Come on, let's talk about sex, baby, let's talk about you and me, let's talk about...) When it comes to growing up, 12-year-old Beatrice will ride the roller coaster of puberty . (let's talk about se

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 生命物语

Millions of years ago, the embryo of a distant ancestor of ours would have shared with us many of these features. As well as giving rise to us, it gave rise to all sorts of other creatures. And in tho

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 生命物语

Money and the Meaning of Life Recently, a professor of philosophy in the United States has written a book called Money and the Meanlng of Life. He has discovered that how we deal with money in our day-to-day life has more meaning than we usually thin

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级作文范文

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: I just really wanted to thank you for that because it made a huge difference in my personal life. 我很想要感谢你因为你带给我生命中很大的不同!

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

isolated adj. 孤立的 jurisprudence n. 法学 lander n. 登陆者 latitude n. 纬度 launch n.v.发射(导弹、火箭等) layperson n. 外行 lichen n. [植]青苔,地衣 locale n. 场所 LR=

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

听歌学英语:《白雪公主与猎人》主题曲-生命之息 Breath of Life Florence And The Machine是一支来自英国的的独立流行乐队,乐队成立于2007年,短短时间内就掳获了许多人的目光。担任主唱的女歌手

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语