如果你曾因失败沮丧过,请继续读下去。 For often, achieving what you set out to do is not the important thing. Let me explain. 完成你经常开始要做的事可不是大事,让我娓娓道来。 Two brothers decided to dig a deep

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

[00:01.36]Changed Lives生命的转变 [00:03.75]In 1921, Lewis Lawes became the warden at Sing Sing Prison of New York State. [00:12.08]No prison was tougher than Sing Sing during that time. [00:15.57]But when Warden Lawes retired some 20 years later, t

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 语言的力量

you light up my life 你照亮我的生命 演唱者:westlife 黎安莱姆丝、西城男孩都是翻唱的,是同名电影的主题曲。这里是westlife的版本。一支经典情歌啦你给我前行的希望,你照亮我的时光;仿佛海

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 电影歌曲

在生命出现之前,地球上只有物质,那些无机的、死的东西。看似不可能地,生命却从这里萌芽。有没有可能它用了一种不同的化学组成?化学家李.克罗宁给生命下了一个简单而优雅的定义(

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:生态谜云

Be good to every one who becomes attached to us; cherish every friend who is by our side; love every one who walks into our life. It must be fate to get acquainted in a huge crowd of people...I feel, the love that Osho talks about, maybe is a kind of

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

The Secret of LifeAs the Lord God was creating the world he called upon his archangels. The Lord asked his archangels to help him decide where to put the Secret of Life. Bury it in the ground, one angel replied. Put it on the bottom of the sea, said

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

There was a rich merchant who had 4 wives. He loved the 4th wife the most and adorned her with rich robes and treated her to delicacies. He took great care of her and gave her nothing but the best. 从前,一位富有的商人娶了四个老婆。他

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

人生的起伏似乎没有可预知的模式,但是科学家现在发现有一些模式相当明确,绝大多数人都不例外。即使你度过了一些最佳时期,你仍然会在将来经历另外几个最佳时期。某些最佳期时期似

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

A new book confirms what most of us already suspecttiming is everything. In The Book of Times, which was published in early February, Lesley Alderman, a health and finance reporter, compiled data from hundreds of studies to offer insight into how we

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

If you're seeking to reshape your life, reflect on the answers to these four questions to increase your awareness, expand your mindset, and change your outlook: 想要重塑你的人生,想一想这四个问题,提升认知水平、冲破思维边界

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Four Lovers in Life 生命当中的四位爱人 There was a rich merchant who had 4 wives. He loved the 4th wife the most and adorned her with rich robes and treated her to delicacies. He took great care of her and gave her nothing but the best. 从前

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Get a Thorough Understanding of Oneself 请彻底醒悟吧 In all ones lifetime it is oneself that one spends the most time being with or dealing with. But it is precisely oneself that one has the least understanding of. When you are going upwards in

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctor worry about them. That's why you pay him/her. 一些无关紧要的数字不要挂怀,包括你的年龄、体重和身高。让医生来操心吧。因为他们收了

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

If you have ever been discouraged because of failure, please read on. For often, achieving what you set out to do is not the important thing. Let me explain. Two brothers decided to dig a deep hole behind their house. As they were working, a couple o

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

A Chance of a lifetime 生命的机遇 This is a chance of a life time, I declared to my friend Stacy as I locked the door of my office and left the restaurant I managed. It's every twenty-seven-year-old woman's dream to live in New York City, and in

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Suppose someone gave you a pen a sealed, solid-colored pen.You couldnt seehow much ink it had. 假设有人给了你一枝笔,一枝密封的、纯色的水笔,里面有多少墨水你看不到。 It might run dry after the first few tentative wo

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

I mention all this to explain why on a gray day in February I went to the Natural History Museum in London to meet a cheerful, vaguely rumpled, very likeable paleontologist named Richard Fortey. 我提这一切,是为了解释为什么我在阴沉沉

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

生命的故事 Sometimes people come into your life and you know right away they were meant to be there, to serve some sort of purpose,teach you a lesson,or to help you figure out who you are or who you want to become.You never know who these people

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

在肯塔基州路易斯维尔,有位已故的老人,她叫Nadine Stair ,在她85岁高龄的时候,有人问她,如果她再有一次生命的话,她会做些什么。下次我犯的错误会更多,她回答道。 When the late Nadine

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Though there is much to be concerned about, there is far, far more for which to be thankful. Though life's goodness can at times be overshadowed, it is never outweighed. 尽管有很多事让人忧虑,但相比而言,值得感激的事要多得多。

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文