The years may have gone by, but time has not eroded the honesty or the work ethic of James Jimmy Shaw. Jimmy turned 100, Thursday. He was born in Johnston, still lives in Johnston and works at his family owned Shaws Garage in Johnston. There was noth

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it. 善于发现自己的喜好,并对它保持极大兴趣。(Julia Child) 图片1

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 Daily English-2016.02

E: I just received a phone call for an interview next week. A: Congratulations! This is your first interview ever. E: thank you, but I'm nervous.I don't know what to do.Could you tell me what should I do before an interview? A: sure, you should prepa

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 和老外聊天地道口语

Mr. Parsons: Okay, Rebecca. Now youve given me a good idea of your work and academic background, but what about you as a person? How would you describe your key strengths? Rebecca:Well, Mr. Parsons, as I mentioned before Im someone who needs new

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

More than a million people braved the bitter cold in Washington to see Barack Obama take the oath of office as America's 44th President, millions more around the world watched live TV coverage of the event. 超过100万的人群冒着严寒前来华盛

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年1月

Women on the Rise in African Politics 非洲妇女对政治热情上升 DAKAR Africa now has three female heads of state, after Catherine Samba-Panza of the Central African Republic took office in January. Though women leaders remain the exception in

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(二月)

Dear Annie: I have known Celia for five years and love her like a sister. A few months ago, I found out that Celia's husband is having an affair with a former employee. I know he meets this woman at variousout-of-the-way places and that he leaves wor

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

图片1 Jen gets mixed up and Rick is a couch potato! Do you already know these funny expressions? After finding out about Jens date in part 1 of Catching Up, she asks Rick about his night. Find out what is new with him.

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

California Seniors Share Talent, Enthusiasm加州老年人共享人才、热情 LOS ANGELES Senior citizens put their talents on display in Los Angeles recently in a talent show for people over age 55. Some contestants were much older. Ching Fen Wang

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(九月)

今天我们要学的词是wane。Wane, 动词,意思是衰落,变小。The flu season in the U.S. appears to be waning in some parts of the country. 流感的蔓延势头在美国的一些地方似乎已经开始减弱。Radiation checkups wane

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是fired up。 Fired up, 意思是激动的,热情的。 The students are totally fired up about the upcoming math competition, 学生们兴奋地期待着即将举行的数学竞赛。 The candidate got the crowd fired up w

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

介绍: Dance move 舞步,步伐 Provocative /pr??vɑ?k?.t??v/ 撩人的 Wild 狂野的 Emotional 热情的 His dance moves are really wild/ emotional. 他的舞步真的是很狂野/热情。 To dance the night away 彻夜跳舞,狂欢 let's che

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说