Passage 26 Travel for Work You can see them in every airport in the world. They are businessmen and women who have to travel for their work. When they first applied for the job, they may have thought of good food and hotels, huge expense accounts an

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(139) / 评论(0) 分类 英语专业四级听写

AS IT IS 2016-03-30 EgyptAir Plane Hijacked to Cyprus 埃航客机遭劫持 紧急迫降塞浦路斯An EgyptAir plane was hijacked Tuesday morning and forced to land in Cyprus, Egyptian officials said.埃及官员表示,周二早上一架埃及航

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(三)月

unit 39 机场道别 dialogue 英语情景对话 A:Nick, it's very nice of you to see me off. A:尼克,你来为我送行真是太好了。 B:You're welcome. Did you have a good time on this vacation? B:我非常乐意,你假期过得愉快吗?

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(171) / 评论(0) 分类 高频英语口语对话

As soon as the door opened I was off again, to the sound of annoyed murmurs behind me. I slowed myself as I passed the security guards by the luggage carousels, 一等电梯门打开,我又挤了出去,身后传来一阵恼怒的喃喃低语声。当

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

1. W: I ran into Sally the other day. I could hardly recognize her. Do you remember her from high school? M: Yeah, she was a little out of shape back then. Well, has she lost a lot of weight? Q: What does the man remember of Sally? A) She used to be

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级听力-短对话

BEIJING: China today operationalised the second-largest airport terminal in Tibet close to the Indian border which will be able to handle 750000 passengers and 3000 tonnes of cargo annually by 2020. 北京:今天中国已启用在西藏靠近印度边

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

本集简介: 莫妮卡的信用卡被盗用;当收到信用卡消费帐单后,她发现小偷过着她梦想要但是又舍不得过的生活。 经典对白: 1-21 依依不舍 故事梗概 猴子Marcel成熟了,需要找个伴。Ross虽然非

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 老友记(六人行)

今天我们要学的词是hassle。 Hassle, 意思是麻烦。圣诞节发生炸机未遂事件后,美国进一步加强机场的安全检查,坐飞机旅行越来越麻烦。一项最新调查发现,27% of U.S. travelers no longer think flyin

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

A: Yes, I'm John Smith. What can I do for you? B: Hi, John. This is Terry Evans here. Do you want some good news? A: Sure, let me have it. B: The apartment owner likes you. He approved your rental application. A: Wow, that's fantastic! I don't know w

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

A: Excuse me. Where is the airport? 打扰一下,请问飞机场在哪里? B: It's too far. If you take a bus to go there, you have to make a transfer. 太远了,如果你坐公共汽车去那里,你需要换乘。 A: Excuse me. Is there an a

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语情景对话

But when I say a fight, I mean a literal fight Someone had me in a headlock. 反正我这里说的打架是动真格的有人把我脑袋夹住 2 people around my legs and my aid bursts into the council chambers and says Cory. 两个人抱着我的腿这

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

今天我们要学的词是avert。 Avert, 是避免的意思。西班牙机场工作人员威胁说,如果跟政府无法达成协议,就要在复活节期间举行罢工。不过, AENA's director said he was confident that a deal to avert the

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Dialogue Mark: Hey! Long time no see! Thanks so much for picking me up! 马克:嘿!好久不见!非常感谢你来接我! Jingjing: No problem! Your plane was a little late coming in. You must be beat! 京晶:客气什么!你的飞机晚点

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Dialogue 1 Xiaogao: Well, Jingjing, I'm afraid I'm going to have to cut my stay short here in Beijing. 小高:嗯,京晶,恐怕我不得不提前离开北京了。 Jingjing: What? You mean you're gonna split? Why? I thought you liked it here? 京

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

今天我们要学的词组是cripple。 Cripple的意思是瘸子,或是因为受伤而腿瘸了, He was crippled falling off a horse. 他从马背上摔下了,腿瘸了。Cripple也有削弱,使无法正常运作的意思,比如内战削弱

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

JUDY WOODRUFF: The U.S. Senate took a hard look at airport safety today and two new accounts questioning the effectiveness of the Transportation Security Administration. MAN: This Senate hearing will come to order. JUDY WOODRUFF: The Senate hearing c

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

The Syrian rebel forces have pushed militants of IS group out of a strategic town in northern Syria after days of heavy fighting. Lina Sinjab is in neighboring Lebanon. Moderate rebel fighters from the Free Syrian Army have succeeded pushing IS milit

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

After the fort falls, people scramble to catch the last train to Paris. 要塞陷落后,人们仓皇赶路开往巴黎的最后一班火车。 In the French capital, the Red Cross is swarmed. 在法国首都,到处都是红十字会的义工。 B

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 二战启示录

Britain 英国 NIMBYism and the election 邻避主义与选举 The anti-tarmac vote 柏油碎石路反对者投票 The Conservatives are getting squeezed over big building projects 保守党在大型建筑工程上束手无策 ON first glance, the co

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

JUDY WOODRUFF: The day's other major story is Florida. Panic erupted at the Fort Lauderdale Airport, when a gunman shot five people to death and wounded eight more before he was captured. William Brangham picks it up from there. WILLIAM BRANGHAM: The

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列