The debate on gay marriage is making me uncomfortable. Columnists tell me breezily that I should welcome it because of equality. Catholic and Anglican Bishops say I should shun it because it undermines one of the fundamental building blocks of societ

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

And of course that's just where the problems lie. Though people on both sides appeal to what is natural, nature unhelpfully supports both sides liking both consistency and variety in gender and sexuality. So most people are male or female, but there

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

As things are, I see two dangers and they are linked. The first is that if the Church is quick to assert and slow to listen, it can give the impression to its own members that moral insight is never to be had outside Christianity and that can be hear

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

Must all good things really come to an end? 天下真的没有不散的宴席? This weekend we must steel ourselves to say farewell to London 2012, 本周末,我们必须坚定地对伦敦2012告别。 and I think it'd be fair to say that for a l

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

With Mitt Romney's presidential nomination confirmed in a barnstorming acceptance speech two days ago, 米特罗姆尼两天前的提名巡回演讲进一步巩固了他总统候选人提名的身份。 the race to the White House is now well under w

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

If a butterfly flutters its wings, so chaos theory goes, it can cause the path of a tornado to change, and so the reverberations can be felt across the world. 混沌学理论提到,如果一只蝴蝶煽动翅膀,卷风的路线会因其改变,全

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

Perhaps it's only when we fully accept that we will die that we can fully accept how alive we are right now.Death brings perspective, then. It brings us back to life and it asks of me, how, now, will I live? A friend works at a hospice, and recently

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

I'm spiritual but I'm not religious is now a commonplace among people in Britain, the majority of whose population live their lives without reference to organised religion. In my role as an Anglican priest, I meet significant numbers of people who ar

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

More recent and disturbing history will be reviewed this week by a court in Oslo. While Anders Behring Breivik will present his own warped view of reality, victims and bereaved families will confront again the terror of what actually happened. To res

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said love your neighbour as yourself. But how can we do that practically? Well, maybe there is an elderly person in your street who's got no family. Maybe you can help them with their shopping or simply spend some ti

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

The Passover season is well and truly on us.We're preparing our homes for the festival of freedom, with its special foods and elaborate rituals, one of the oldest religious rituals in the world, and one of Judaism's most sacred moments. What's specia

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

In the past, religion's contribution to this debate has been from a moral standpoint about the questions of poor behaviour that are encouraged by the loss of our inhibitions. But the truth is that Christianity has a complex relationship with alcohol,

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

Surely nothing tests the faith of the believer as much as this - the sudden, frightening, violent death of those we love.There have been many attempts to reconcile intellectually such unbearable tragedies with faith in a loving God. They range from t

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

Two US companies announced earlier this week that they have shelved the testing of a particular drug. 本周早些时候,两家美国公司宣布他们已放弃对一种药的测试。 It had been the best hope for a treatment for Alzheimer's. 人们

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

Tomorrow, the verdict is expected in the highly controversial trial of three members of the punk band Pussy Riot, 明天,将判决极具争议的朋克乐队暴动猫的三名成员, who have been jailed for staging what they described as a polit

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

It's not easy to knuckle down to the responsibilities of a working week and a wounded world after the excitements of the Olympic experience which has taken us all by surprise. 在令人惊叹的奥运会之后,人们一时间很难从激动的状态中

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

These well-informed young people had a very modest interest in the print media. Unlike me, they didn't feel their day was incomplete without reading a newspaper.Total newspaper circulation has been declining by roughly a million copies each year. And

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

A proverb is much matter decocted into few words. —Fuller 谚语就是许多事实熬成的少许几个字。 ——富勒(英国) Proverbs are short sentences drawn from long experience. —Cervant

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

聪明,聪颖,聪慧,和汉语一样,英语的聪明也不止smart,今天Jenny和Connor要来讨论不同角度的聪明英语怎么说。 关键词: #1.Clever amp; Smart: 聪明 这两个词都是表示聪明的常见词。 Clever: 美式英

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

战胜失败Understand that failure is there to bring you wisdom失败可以带来智慧 Good people are good because they've come to wisdom through failure. William Saroyan优秀的人之所以优秀是因为他们能从失败中获得智慧。 威廉

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening