【句子对照】 I need to exercise more -- my love handles are growing! 我需要多锻炼了,现在腰围越来越胖! 【关键俚语】 love handles 英:Unsightly fat that shows from the sides at the waist, usually on men. 中:游泳圈,胖的腰围

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 俚语口头禅

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: We have as humans,we have something that no animal has.And what is called is, imagination. 作为人类,我们具有别的生物不具有的能力,那就是想象力。

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

This is the animal we see grazing in a field as we drive along the highway. They have a timeless quality as if they have always been with us and we have always known them. In short, we take the cow for granted. John Webster, Professor of Animal Husba

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2009年

5. Man Will Prevail人类必胜 I feel that this award was not made to me as a man, but to my work, a life work in the agony and sweat of the human spirit. Not for glory and least of all, for profit, but to create out of the material of the human spi

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 陈冠商英语背诵文选合集

新鲜舞曲:英国甜心宝贝 Sugababes - About A Girl About a Girl作为英国女子团体Sugababes第七张专辑《Sweet 7》的第二主打单曲,于11月8日正式发行,歌曲首次上榜便成为英国单曲榜的第八名。 Artist:

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲

无论是相信进化论还是相信神的人,所有人都希望过一个无悔的人生,只是限于人生的各种资源,他们来的时候总是不整齐,年轻的时候缺钱,成熟以后缺时间,老了以后缺活力,其实重点不

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

托福作文范文:人类与地球的关系 Some people believe that the Earth is being harmed (damaged) by human activity. Others feel that human activity makes the Earth a better place to live. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examp

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

Business American telecoms A breath of fresh airwavesyou want 商业 美国电信 呼吸新鲜的电波 The scramble for spectrum could reshape America's telecoms industry 频谱争夺战可能打开美国电信新局面 JULIUS GENACHOWSKI, the head

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Books and Arts; Book Review;Human beings and dogs;Man's best friend; 文艺;书评;人类与狗狗;人类最好的朋友; Scientific research throws new light on a very old partnership 科学研究赋予这一古老的伴侣关系以新的内涵

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

WASHINGTON, April 6 (Xinhua) -- There seems to be some truth in the old saying: An apple a day keeps the doctor away. A new study in the Chinese population said Wednesday that people who eat fresh fruit on most days are at lower risk of heart attack

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Dogs have been mans best friend for thousands of years, a source of companionship and loyalty since the Stone Age. 几千年以来,狗狗都是人类最好的朋友,从石器时代开始就是人类忠诚的陪伴。 Now scientists suspect they h

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

陶瓷设计师Eva Zeisel回顾75年的事业。她最新的作品发布于2008年,是什么让她1926年的作品像当今的一样新鲜?是她对于趣味和美丽的感觉,和她对冒险的动力。请聆听她多姿多彩的生活故事。

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:艺术与幻觉

The third distinction is that animals make no improvements; 人类与动物的第三点差异在于:动物本身绝不存在任何改进或进步; while the knowledge, and skill, and the success of man are perpetually on the increase. 而人类知识

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第五册

I'm going to go off script and make Chris quite nervous here 我打算不按预定的来,这让克里斯很紧张 by making this audience participation. 我打算让观众参与互动 All right. Are you with me? Yeah. Yeah. All right. 懂我的意思

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Science and technology 科学技术 Animal cognition 动物的认知 Man's best friend 人类的挚友 Can dogs really show empathy towards humans? 狗真的能感受人类的情绪吗? I feel your pain. 我能体会你的痛楚 DOGS quickly become

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

Fresh bears! Get them while they're hot! Another one! Free bears! Free bears here! Three for the price of none! 新鲜的熊!快来买刚出炉的熊免费熊!又来一辆!免费的熊!这里有免费的熊!免费得三只熊! Aah! Hey! C

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 咱们裸熊

如果有一天,机器人进入家庭担任Nanny的角色,你会觉得奇怪吗?近日普特君在看一部英剧《真实的人类》,讲述的就是机器人在我们的生活中普及后的故事。创作者从机器人进入人类社会的角

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

Next came the housing problem. 接下来是解决住房的问题。 This was simple. Many animals were in the habit of sleeping in dark caves. 这很简单。许多动物都有睡黑乎乎的山洞的习性。 Man now followed their example, drove th

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生人类历史

Chapter 3 第三章 Prehistoric man 史前人类 Prehistoric man begins to make things for himself. 史前人类开始为自己制造工具 Early man did not know what time meant. 早期的人类不懂得时间的含义, He kept no records of birth

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生人类历史

Science and technology. 科技。 Animal cognition 动物的认知 Man's best friend 人类的挚友 Can dogs really show empathy towards humans? 狗真的能感受人类的情绪吗? DOGS quickly become part of the family. Tales abound of dogs cel

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合