一、教育类 1 教育的目的和作用:Transmitting democratic values; create equality of opportunity; preparing new generations of citizens in society. 2 教育之生活技能:Logical thinking; analysis; creative problem solving; synthesis;

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE英语

A male polar bear is searching for a mate. Willing females are few and far between. And the sea ice some of which he travels will soon melt and vanished. He's running out of time to find the mate in this frost frozen desert. Ten miles ahead, a single

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2011年

Trump Criticized for Putting Political Adviser on Security Council The Trump administration is being criticized for giving a top political adviser a seat on the presidents National Security Council, or NSC. Trump recently signed an order making chang

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(二)月

AS IT IS 2015-10-28 Vietnamese Object to Political Families 越南反对政治家庭世袭 Critics complain that children of Communist Party members in Vietnam have been elected to high-level positions in the government. The elections have started a

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

South China Sea Arbitration Is a Political Farce 南海仲裁案是一场政治闹剧 Liu Xiaoming, Chinese Ambassador to London 中国驻英国大使 刘晓明 23 July 2016 2016年7月23日 The so-called award made by the South China Sea arbitral tr

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口译

叙利亚化武外交继续 和谈前景模糊 The U.S.-Russian framework for eliminating Syrian chemical weapons does not address the political divisions that have long delayed peace talks. 美俄达成的销毁叙利亚化武框架协议,并没有解

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2013年9月

在GRE写作中,全球化的概念考查非常高频,而且全球化的概念和影响在其他类型(例如科技、教育、政治以及文化类话题中也高频被调用),因此面对这个高频的主题素材,特为所有同学补充全球

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE英语

For more, lets talk to Thitinan Pongsudhirak, Director of the Institute of Security and International Studies in Bangkok. Q1. What options does Yingluck Shinawatras government have to end the crisis? Q2. Will the violence trigger further instability

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2013年12月

This is the last in our three-part Business English Podcast series on cold calling. In todays lesson, youll learn how to deal with several typical kinds of objections that a potential customer might raise. 这是关于无约电话的三节课中的最后

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 原汁原味商务英语播客

To stare into the void of a black hole, to tumble through space before disappearing forever within it, it's the prospect of catching that unique moment that explains the excitement of this year's events. What happens to matter once it's been swallowe

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2013年

UN Envoy Optimistic about Somalia 联合国使者对索马里前景感到乐观 The U.N. Special Representative for Somalia says the country is on the brink of achieving great things but warns the situation remains precarious and success is not guara

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(九月)

办公室政治,对有些人来说是一个禁忌词汇,但在工作场合它却不可回避。简单说来,它就是职场上人与人的不同:观念的差异、利益的冲突都可以看成是办公室政治的表现。它等于人与人之

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Dear Annie: Last week, my husband and I went to a wonderful concert. But I knew I was not going to enjoy it to the fullest when the woman beside me started to hum. We had great seats that were costly. I wanted to ask this woman to keep quiet, but dec

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

Britain 英国 Welsh Politics: Independents' day 威尔士政治:独立日 Why party man and women are losing out to free agents? 为什么党派人士会输给无党派人士? A beaming Tanya Skinner still can't quite believe it. 面露喜色的

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

I HAVE NO IDEA how long this slumber lasted; but it must have been a good while, since we were completely over our exhaustion. 我们睡了多少时候,我不知道;但一定很久,因为我们的精神完全恢复了。 I was the first one to

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

PHILADELPHIA Donald Trump could not resist making a splashy appearance every night of his convention. But as Democrats piled on the accolades for Hillary Clinton here, she remained at home in Chappaqua, New York, watching on television. 费城在其全

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

本期内容: IsGooglebiasedagainstpoliticallyconservativeusersandinfavorofpoliticallyliberalones? That'ssomethingthatanumberofRepublicans, includingU.S.PresidentDonaldTrumphaveaccusedGoogleofbeing, andRepresentativeLamarSmith,aRepublicanfromTexas,

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

Italian politics 意大利政治 Silvio Berlusconi, social worker 社工贝卢斯科尼 Embarrassments pile up but the former prime minister still has political clout 纵使意大利政坛窘境重重,前总理依旧虎死余威在 NOT good: but fa

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

今天我们要学的词是 rout. rout 作为名词,是指溃败、败退,常常用于形容市场表现。U.S. stock markets spent most of the week deep in the red in an across-the-board rout triggered by the prospect that a U.S.-China trade dea

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

文本: Is Her Ladyship awake? Yes, Milord. I'm just going to take in her breakfast. Thank you. May I come in? Isn't this terrible? When you think how excited Lucy Rothfuss was at the prospect. It's too awful for any words. Did J.J. Aster get off?

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音