This is one of the most important experiments taking place. The one that could help us understand the degree to which research done so far is relevant to bees in the wild.-So what we know so far? There's a good arguement for saying that diseases and

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2014年

So more than a third of different kinds of bees that once lived in this woodland have now disappeared. What's intriguing here is that their immediate habitat has barely changed.-But what do you think is causing that? If their habitat here is friendly

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2014年

-French colonies are now reaching for the front line of the ally position, famous sunk lane, as you can see, just here. It was actually slightly deepen underneath those -...looks quiet. -It looks quuiet, but it's no quiet. There's a little bank just

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2015年

As the afternoon and the clouds start to roll in, the suns heat is beginning to cool off a little. Hear that? Its thunder. Its amazing, you know. Sun. I tell you its gonna be rain within a few hours. Its all moving this way. Out here in the wet seaso

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

Australia really is a place of extremes. You know, when its hot, its roasting. When it rains, it pours. And when its beautiful, it really is spectacular. In the heat of the day in the Kimberley, you can expect 125 degree heat and energy-sapping humid

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

What Ive got to do here is really grip just with my thighs and let them take the strain and just balance with my arms and try and protect my family jewels. Theres water at the bottom of this gorge. But you cant guarantee its drinkable. You have to fi

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

And you are warm again. The storm has blown over. And Ive spotted a forest in the distance. In Iceland, the poor soil, wind and temperature means that trees are few and far-between. But when you find them, they are ideal for both shelter and wildlife

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

Now Im on the lookout for fuel for a nice warm fire. Therere loads of these birch trees around here, and these are what Im looking for. I can tell theyre birch just because of the way theyre silver-limbed. This time of year in the winter, all the lea

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

This roof's just getting lower and lower now, which I don't like. All of this part of the ceiling here has just collapsed. It's a bad time for the torch to come apart. If this goes out, I'm in real trouble. I can let you just see -- all of this stuff

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

-If I bring a bone over, we can superimpose these two. It's got one big muscle attachment right here and the dinosaurs have a muscle scar just like this. It appears in the first bipedal dinosaurs, this scar on the outside of the fibula and it is not

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

Darren, I do love these museum collections when you come behind the scenes and you suddenly feel that you are surrounded by treasures. And it's amazing to think that there are new discoveries to be made in here as well. That's right in a way. There a

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

With his miniature model of an adult T-rex for reference, along with the growing patterns of close relatives of tyrannosaurs, it's possible to work out the likely proportions of the baby. The starting point for the sculpture is a simple illustration.

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

The questions about Louis's baby T-rex run even deeper than its appearance. With such limited fossils, some scientists have actually questioned whether the bones might belong to a different species of dinosaur entirely, something like a T-rex, but mu

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

With large teeth for mashing plants and sharper teeth for eating insects and worms, we can even tell that fruitadens was an omnivore. But the final piece of the puzzle in recreating this animal is its colour. And that's something we can't be sure abo

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

This type of inscribed stone is usually found only in Ireland or the far western fringes of Britain. These lines represent the oldest form of the Irish language. Michael, what is this stone? Well, it is a small Roman column, but what's very different

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

What it says is that the Irish are the centre of the world. Theyre not a small insignificant people. It was woven together in the 11th century from earlier sources as a statement of Irish uniqueness. They didnt want to be seen as peripheral people li

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

This is Alaska today, a wetland of forests, boggy tundra, lakes and rivers rivers that still churn out fresh clues to the Ice Age past. This is a brick-sized tooth, and it belong to a woolly mammoth. Its narrow ridges of enamel tell us more about how

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

Itsremarkable how we are able to build up this picture of whats going on millionsof miles away in the solar system. Its one of the joys of science really, justalmost like a detective picking up on those tiny clues to tell a bigger story. Sothat the b

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2014年

I was shocked. I was truly shocked. I never thought Iwould see an event like this over a major city during my lifetime. We couldnt predict this was going to happen. The pieceof rock that actually entered the atmosphere was relatively small, maybe onl

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2014年

The explosion generated a shockwave so massive it wasdetected over 15,000 kilometres away. The low-frequency waves were picked up bymonitoring stations. So it is kind of like a listening network around theworld. Thats right. Theyre not set up for fir

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2014年