bubbles in the atmosphere.On other planets with denser atmospheres,larger, more complex creatures can take to skies.The thick air could support them alofty,allowing bulky reptiles to fly and glide.This creature probably couldn't be able to fly very l

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2014年

The planet's rotation twists the air as it flows, helping form the hurricanes that lash the coasts. As moist air wells upwards, clouds become electrically charged and send lightning bolts crushing down to the earth, superheating the air to eighteen t

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2014年

It was the start of a journey that would take from the foothills of the Himalayas and end here on the plains of Northern India. His mission was to make sense of human life. For me, Its genuinely exciting that what did Buddha discovered 25 centuries a

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2015年

Im Bear Grylls. Ive served with the British Special Forces. Ive climbed to the summit of Everest and crossed the frozen oceans of the Arctic. Now, Im in Iceland, a land of huge glaciers and volcanoes. Every year, a thousand tourists need to be rescue

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

But as quickly as it came, the storm lifts. And it gives me a brief chance to get my bearings. What weve got here is an ice cave. And caves can give you protection. The problem is this cornice all the way up there and how Im gonna get over this, over

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

A snow hole like this will keep you out of the wind. The next thing I need do is to dig a bit of a pit down. And the reason I do that is that cold air sinks. So I dont want this cold air around me. So I want it to go down into what they call a cold w

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

Im in Iceland, tackling the dangers youd come across if you got stranded here. But a deep glacial river is blocking my route. My only option is to jump. Ok. Freezing water can send my body into shock. Im also rapidly losing heat and thats making me w

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

Already I can feel the wind changing. And the Icelanders have a saying -- if you don't like the weather, just wait five minutes, and it will get a lot, lot worse. Im in the wilderness in Iceland. Here, there are huge freezing rivers like this. And an

I could actually eat the meat raw. But its harder to digest and can actually take energy away from the body. So cook meat whenever you can. You see here just where all the water is boiling. And all I need to do is take my shoelace off and then I have

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

Now Im on the lookout for fuel for a nice warm fire. Therere loads of these birch trees around here, and these are what Im looking for. I can tell theyre birch just because of the way theyre silver-limbed. This time of year in the winter, all the lea

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

Dinosaurs. Youve probably seen hundreds of them. You might think you know what they look like. But almost every dinosaur youve ever seen is a work of fiction. You turn on the television. it almost feels that we know everything about them. And thats n

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

But its not completely finished. Paul and his team need Luis advice on a couple of issues. There are several unknowns. And a complete tail has never been found. So on the older drawings that we have, theres maybe 53 tailbones but the newer thinking i

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

Oh, this is a bit different. Therere dinosaurs here. Now these guys I recognized. (Yes.) So this is your famous Thomas? (Yes.) Can we get up here? (Sure. Absolutely.) Face to face to the baby T-rex. With three T-rexes of different ages on one platfor

By searching for evidence that still survives today, we reconstruct the landscape and the wildlife of prehistoric North America. During the last Ice Age, massive glaciers covered half of North America. But to the far northwest, there was a land that

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

We were left with this atmosphere made of molten rock and vaporous rock. It took millions of years for that atmosphere to fall out and to be replaced by an atmosphere made up of nitrogen and carbon dioxide and water vapour. These new gases came from

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2014年

In contrast, Jupiter and Saturn are all atmosphere. Unlike Earth, Jupiter doesnt really have a solid surface that you could stand on and then have your head up in the atmosphere looking at the clouds. Its just a giant, giant gas ball. Only one other

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2014年

英语听力,探索发现,科学新发The mission had been a stunning success: Kittinger skydiving record stands to this day. He takes his first deep breath of air with a new found appreciation for our atmosphere. It was relief to be back on the plan

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2014年

Kittinger is in the mid stratosphere, a record 102,800 feet high. And it is now the time to make the long, swift journey down. When it came time for me to jump, I was ready to jump because I was heading back toward a more friendly environment, a frie

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2014年

My crew chief said, are you ready? I said, Im ready, lets go. It was a very smooth take-off and I started ascending up, up, up. 30 minutes after take-off, Kittinger reaches 29,000 feet, the middle of the troposphere. At this altitude, the air is so t

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2014年

Our chemistry, our very nature, our metabolism is completely shaped by the atmosphere. To appreciate our atmosphere, well rise through its layers, travelling from the planets surface, miles up above mountains and the clouds, to the very edge of space

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2014年