New Words 7B @ slavery n. [U] the system of having slaves 奴隶制度 @ abolish vt. put an end to a law or system officially 废除,终止 @ bloody a. with a lot of killing and injuries 血腥的,残暴的 @ treaty n. [C] a formal written agreem

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语读写教程词汇 第三册

Lesson Ten TEXT A The Green Banana Donald Batchelder Pre-class Work I Read the text once for the main idea. Do not refer to the notes, dictionaries or the glossary yet. Although it might have happened

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 现代大学英语精读

Lesson Nine TEXT A Against All Odds Michael White in fact, he was just hitting his stride. Work was progressing faster and better than it ever had before. Crazy as it may seem, ALS is simply not that

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 现代大学英语精读

Lesson One TEXT A Half a Day Naguib Mahfous Pre-class Work I Read the text once for the main idea. Do not refer to the notes, dictionaries or the glossary yet. I walked alongside my father, clutching

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 现代大学英语精读

00:03.04]黑洞 [00:06.09]What is a black hole? [00:07.11] 什么是黑洞呢? [00:08.12]Well,it's difficult to answer this question,since the terms we would normally use to describe a scientific phenomenon are inadequate here. [00:14.11]喔,这个问题很难回答,

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语自学教程下

1telecommunications|n. |[U] the sending and receiving of messages over distance, esp. by telephone, radio and television |电信 | | | |a telecommunications satellite |通信卫星 | | | |the telecommunications industry |电信业 | |2dumb |a. |unabl

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语读写教程词汇 第四册

glossary admittedly alliance ally approximate artifact balance of power battery belligerent commonsense cut-and-dried, deem denote be destined to diametrically disproportionate exhilarating factor foolproof garrison haberdasher the high seas immersed

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 128 The Zombie Project

Glossary aggression allotted to allot apologize appoximately ascend aspirin assumption blow ones nose boarding-house bony chilling clear up crossword cushion drawing-room eccentric ejaculate emphatic get on ones nerves guinea gulp hook in advance inc

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 128 The Zombie Project

apologetically astride baba bad-tempered baker bastard bloody bugle charger crook cross disfigured ex fantasize fend fork frenzied furiously gateway glaze greedy grunt haul heave hospitality impotence instrumental joint joint mortgage obscene onslaug

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 128 The Zombie Project

agreeable allowance to make an allowance for sth anecdote antagonism as a rule attribute belittle bungle classify competent conceive consistent conversely coward cowardice cue deeply-rooted dogma dogmatic duel energetic enormous established fogey fun

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 128 The Zombie Project

Glossary acquaintance alas anguish atheist Buddhist bulge centralized compensation compulsive confer confront contemplate contempt contradiction conversion current affairs deficiency delinquent detestation disintegrate disinterested draught ego exalt

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 现代大学英语精读

Text A The President as Corporate Salesman The president of the United States, we learn in school, plays many roles: chief executive, commander-in-chief, chief legislator, head of state, and party leader. Seldom mentioned is this role as guardian and

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 现代大学英语精读

Text A The Needs That Drive Us All All living creatures are driven by the basic need to stay alive and reproduce so that the species will continue. As creatures have evolved from simple to complex, they have developed additional basic needs ... Human

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(20) / 评论(0) 分类 现代大学英语精读

Lesson eleven Silent spring There was once a town in the heart of America where all life seemed to live in harmony with its surroundings. The town lay in the midst of prosperous farms, where, in spring, white clouds of bloom drifted above the green f

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 现代大学英语精读

MODEL2 We have to let you go. Script Helen: Tom, the reason I called you into my office is your work. Tom: Really? Helen: The truth is ..Im not satisfied with your job performance. Tom: Are you sure I havent been doing a good job? Helen: Tom, youve b

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 4

Task3: Layoffs can be predicted. Script In some cases companies inform their employees in advance that layoffs are coming. In other cases, they come without warning: You arrive on time for work on a Friday, but you are told not to come next week. Ouc

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 4

Task 2: A Hard-nosed Boss Script Mr. Stone was known far and wide as a hard-nosed boss who (S1) watched his employees like a hawk. He was making one of his regular tours of the factory (S2) when he spotted a young man leaning against a (S3) pile of b

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 4

MODEL2 I cant make up my mind! Script John: Hey! Nora: Hey! John: I see youre reading travel brochures. Planning a holiday trip somewhere? Nora: Once the warms up. I get itchy feet. I think about going places. John: Will this be a trip abroad or some

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 4

[00:04.70]Ameriacan Men Don't Cry [00:06.99]美国男人不哭 [00:09.27]American men don't cry because it is considered not characteristic of men to do so. [00:13.74]美国男人不哭,因为人们认为哭不是男人的特征。 [00:18.21]Only women cry. [00:20.43]只是女人

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语自学教程上

[00:06.09]You Can't Do It Because It Hurts Nobody [00:09.77]不要以为不伤害别人就可以这样做 [00:13.45]Who do you think breaks the law in our society? [00:16.72]在我们的社会里你认为谁违法呢? [00:19.98]If you believe that only tough guys commit crimes,

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语自学教程上