Lesson 9 The Most Dangerous Game 1) General, said Rainsford firmly, I wish to leave this island at once. 2) The General raised his eyebrows. He seemed hurt. 3) I wish to go today, said Rainsford. He saw the dead black eyes of the General on him, stud

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 现代大学英语精读

MUSICbb.mp3/MUSIC TITLENew Words/TITLE ||1immigrant|n. |[C] sb. who has come into a foreign country in order to live there |移民 ||||He is an illegal immigrant. |他是一个非法移民。 ||||A lot of Asian immigrants poured into the country. |许多

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语读写教程词汇 第一册

MUSICsound/unit02_newwords_b.mp3/MUSIC TITLENew Words/TITLE |@|1competition |n.|[U] the activities of competing |竞争 || ||There has always been intense competition between companies for bigger market shares. |公司之间一直进行着激烈的竞争

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语读写教程词汇 第二册

Lesson Twelve TEXT A The Kindness of Strangers Mike Mclntyre Pre-class Work I Read the text once for the main idea. Do not refer to the notes, dictionaries or the glossary yet. One summer I was drivin

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 现代大学英语精读

Lesson Thirteen TEXT A Christmas Day in the Morning Pearl S. Buck Pre-class Work I Read the text once for the main idea. Do not refer to the notes, dictionaries or the glossary yet. He woke suddenly a

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 现代大学英语精读

Corn-pone Opinions Mark Twain Fifty years ago, when I was a boy of fifteen and helping to inhabit a Missourian village on the banks of the Mississippi, I had a friend whose society was very dear to me because I was forbidden by my mother to partake o

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 128 The Zombie Project

abrest Africans avert brandy ceremony cognac complimentary confidentially constrained contemplation demonstrator deserted disgusting envy exhibit expel flat for God's sake goodwill herald inarticulateness incomprehensible indisputably insoluble jubil

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 128 The Zombie Project

Unit4b The bench Richard Rive We form an integral part of a complex society, a society complex in that a vast proportion of the population are denied the very basic privileges of existence, a society that condemns a man to an inferior position becaus

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 128 The Zombie Project

THE HITCH-hiker It had been touch and go whether Carole Phillips would reach the London main-line station in time to catch the last train. She had worked very late last night, preparing a report on the small department she managed in the London offic

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 128 The Zombie Project

At the edge of a new century, globalization is a double-edged sword: a powerful vehicle that raises economic growth, spreads new technology and increases living standards in rich and poor countries alike, but also an immensely controversial process t

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 128 The Zombie Project

Glossary affluent a. 丰富的, 富裕的n. 支流, 富人 axe n. 斧, 斧头vt. 削减(人员、经费、计划、机构等) banal a. 平凡的, 陈腐的 battered 弄垮的 beam n. 光线 ray or stream of light behead vt. 斩首, 砍头 boast 吹牛

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 现代大学英语精读

Glossary alley n.小路, 巷 bitterness n.苦味, 悲痛, 怨恨 call it quits 停止 civil war 内战 Congressman n.国会议员, 众议院议员 dirt road 土路 down and out 落魄 drip n.水滴vt.(使)滴下vi.(使)滴下 druggist n.药商, 药材商

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 现代大学英语精读

Michael Dell's Two-Billion-Dollar Dream One afternoon in 1977, as his parents and two brothers fished in the Gulf of Mexico, 12-year-old Michael Dell sat on the beach, painstakingly putting together a trotline, a maze of ropes to which several fish h

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 现代大学英语精读

Wisdom of Bear Wood When I was 12 years old ,ny family moved to England,the fourth major move in my short life.My father's government job demanded that he go overseas every few years ,so I was used to wrenching myself away from friends . We rented an

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 现代大学英语精读

Glossary acquittal n.无罪开释 after all 毕竟 alibi 为辩解 证明不在犯罪现场 angle 角度 at the top of one's lungs: as loudly as one could arrogance 傲慢态度 自大 avenger复仇者 bear 承受 blunder 大错 brand-new 暂新的 b

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 现代大学英语精读

Glossary arouse v.激起 引起 唤起 as for 至于 关于 association n.联想 bachelor n.单身汉 (B-)学士(学位) betray v.泄露(信息或情感) bubble with 洋溢着(某种感情) buzz v.发出嗡嗡声 chatty a.健谈的 on

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 现代大学英语精读

You hear it said that fathers want their sons to be what they feel they cannot themselves be, but I tell you it also works the other way. A boy wants something very special from his father. I know that as a boy I wanted my father to be a proud, silen

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 现代大学英语精读

Uint6 II. Basic Listening Practice 1.Script W: Whats that? Is it a toy? Did it get chewed by a dog? M: Hey, thats my mascot! My uncle gave it to me when I was five, and its been with me ever since. It brought me luck in all my college exams. I cant b

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 4

Uint4 II. Basic Listening Practice 1.Script M: Do you see yourself as a leader or more of a team player? W: Well, it depends on the circumstances. I usually enjoy working as part of a team and helping everyone work together. But if the leadership is

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(20) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 4

IV. Speaking Out MODEL 1 Would you like to do anything? Amy: Would you like to go to see a movie tonight, say, The Lord of the Rings? Bill: Thanks for asking, but theres too much violence in those blockbusters. Amy: Then, lets go roller-skating. Bill

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 4