KIND sir, be so good as to notice a poor, hungry man. I have not tasted food for three days. I have not a five-kopeck piece for a nights lodging. I swear by God! For five years I was a village schoolmaster and lost my post through the intrigues of th

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(288) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

13 Bunces Giant Storehouse My dear Foxy! cried Badger. What in the world has happened to your tail? Dont talk about it, please, said Mr Fox. Its a painful subject. They were digging the new tunnel. They dug on in silence. Badger was a great digger an

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

HYDROCEPHALUS Merriam-Websters dictionary defines hydrocephalus as an abnormal increase in the amount of cerebrospinal fluid within the cranial cavity that is accompanied by expansion of the cerebral ventricles, enlargement of the skull and especiall

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

1 The Three Farmers Down in the valley there were three farms. The owners of these farms had done well. They were rich men. They were also nasty men. All three of them were about as nasty and mean as any men you could meet. Their names were Farmer Bo

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

7 Well Never Let Him Go At six oclock in the evening, Bean switched off the motor of his tractor and climbed down from the drivers seat. Bunce did the same. Both men had had enough. They were tired and stiff from driving the tractors all day. They we

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

The Emperor 'And there's another thing,' said Mrs Murgatroyd. Beside her in the taxi her husband concealed a small sigh. With Mrs Murgatroyd there was always another thing. No matter how well things were going, Edna Murgatroyd went through life to th

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

'Maybe we could have it for dinner,' said Higgins. Kilian shook his head regretfully. 'Bonito are for bait fish,' he said. 'The locals eat them in soups, but they don't taste much good.' They made a second run through the shoal and there was a second

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得10到30积分的奖励! Thank you!

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得10到30积分的奖励! Thank you!

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was

Chapter IV Zossimov was a tall, fat man with a puffy, colourless, clean-shaven face and straight flaxen hair. He wore spectacles, and a big gold ring on his fat finger. He was twenty-seven. He had on a light grey fashionable loose coat, light summer

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

Chapter II Ah these cigarettes! Porfiry Petrovitch ejaculated at last, having lighted one. They are pernicious, positively pernicious, and yet I cant give them up! I cough, I begin to have tickling in my throat and a difficulty in breathing. You know

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

Chapter I A strange period began for Raskolnikov: it was as though a fog had fallen upon him and wrapped him in a dreary solitude from which there was no escape. Recalling that period long after, he believed that his mind had been clouded at times, a

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

Chapter III He hurried to Svidrigalovs. What he had to hope from that man he did not know. But that man had some hidden power over him. Having once recognised this, he could not rest, and now the time had come. On the way, one question particularly w

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

Chapter III The fact was that up to the last moment he had never expected such an ending; he had been overbearing to the last degree, never dreaming that two destitute and defenceless women could escape from his control. This conviction was strengthe

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

n the morning of June 15th, Guy Burckhardt woke up screaming out of a dream. It was more real than any dream he had ever had in his life. He could still hear and feel the sharp, ripping-metal explosion, the violent heave that had tossed him furiously

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

Outside on the quay the sun beat fiercely. A stream of motors, lorries and buses, private cars and hirelings, sped up and down the crowded thoroughfare, and every chauffeur blew his horn; rickshaws threaded their nimble path amid the throng, and the

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

It was a chill, rain-washed afternoon of a late August day, that indefinite season when partridges are still in security or cold storage, and there is nothing to hunt--unless one is bounded on the north by the Bristol Channel, in which case one may l

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

HE HAD PICKED up his prisoner at Fort Huachuca shortly after midnight and now, in a silent early morning mist, they approached Contention. The two riders moved slowly, one behind the other. Entering Stockman Street, Paul Scallen glanced back at the o

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

模仿文本:Red Red Wine, a version of Neil Diamond song by UB40, which is in UK and US Number One Hit for then in the 1980s, spending 100 weeks in the British Charts. The band was formed by a group of friends in Birmingham in 1978. And 35 years

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was