All is but lip-wisdom that wants experience. (Philip Sideney, British satesman) 凡是没有实际经验的,都只是口头智慧。(英国政治家 锡得尼 D .) Expericence is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson a

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Morality is not really the doctrine of how to make ourselves happy but of how we are to be worthy of happiness. (Immanuel Kant, German Philosopher) 道德确实不是指导人们如何使自己幸福的

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

Adversity reveals genius; fortune conceals it. (Horace, ancient Roman poet) 苦难显才华,好运隐天资。(古罗马诗人 贺拉斯) Almost any situation---good or bad ---is affected by the att

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

Mishaps are like knives that either serve us or cut us as we grasp them by the handle or blade.(James Russell Lowell, American poetess and critic) 灾难就像刀子,握住刀柄就可以为我们服务

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

Mistakes are an essential part of education. (Bertrand Russell, Bdritish philosopher) 从错误中吸取教训是教育极为重要的一部分。(英国哲学家 罗素 . B .) Neither beliver nor rej

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

It is no use doing what you like; you have got to like what you do. (Winston Churchill, British prime minister) 不能爱哪行才干哪行,要干哪行爱哪行。(英国首相 丘吉尔.W.) My phi

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

Do not, for one repulse, give up the purpose that you resolved to effect. (William Shakespeare, British dramatist) 不要只因一次失败,就放弃你原来决心想达到的目的。(英国剧作家

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

A great poem is a fountain forever overflowing with the waters of wisdom and delight (P.B.Shelley, British poet) 伟大的诗篇即是永远喷出智慧和欢欣之水的喷泉。(英国诗人 雪莱

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

Absence to love is what wind is to fire. It extinguishes the small; it inflames the great. (Roger de Bussy-Rabutin, French writer) 离别之于爱情好比风之于火,它能将小火熄灭,使大火

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

Every law has no atom of stregth, as far as no public opinion supports it. (Wendell phillips, American leader against slavery) 若是没有公众舆论的支持,法律是丝毫没有力量的。(美国

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

1. I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed: and the number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I fail and keep trying. 1. 别人评判你的往往是成功的次数,没有人会

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Virtue and a trade are the best portion for children. 德行和一门技能是孩子最好的遗产。 Better early than late. 宁早勿迟。 A man can do no more than he can. 量力而行。 Honesty and diligence should be your eternal mates. 诚实和勤奋应成为你永远的伴侣。

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

1. Genius only means hard-working all one's life. (Mendeleyer , Russian Chemist)天才只意味着终身不懈的努力。 (俄国化学家 门捷列耶夫) 2. I have nothing to offer but blood, toil tears and sweat. (Winston Churchill, British Polit

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 励志英语

Fear of failure is one of the main factors stopping people getting what they want. We can be so scared of failure that we don't even bother trying! It's one of the main factors that differentiates people who get what they want and those who don't. Wh

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Are you inspired by Mahatma Gandhi? Gandhi quotes inspired millions of Indians to act in non-violent protest against British oppression. His own wisdom and philosophy can always inspire us. Here are the Gandhis Top 10 inspirational quotes that give y

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

1.Hate the sin, love the sinner. 鄙视罪恶,但爱那犯罪的人。 2.Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. 快乐是当你所想的、所说的、与所做的,都是和谐一致的。 3.I object to vi

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

All for one, one for all. 人人为我,我为人人。 [法] Dumas pre大仲马 Other men live to eat, while I eat to live. 别人为食而生存,我为生存而食。 Socrates 苏格拉底 Easy come, easy go. 易得者亦易失。 Hazlitt赫斯特

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Money is not everything. There's Mastercard Visa. 钞票不是万能的,有时还需要信用卡。 One should love animals. They are so tasty. 每个人都应该热爱动物,因为它们很好吃。 Save water. Shower with your girlfriend. 要节约用

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

马克吐温,是美国的幽默大师、小说家、作家,也是著名演说家,威廉福克纳称赞马克吐温为第一位真正的美国作家,我们都是继承他而来。马克吐温以高超的幽默、机智与名气,被称为美国

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Ausonius (奥索尼厄斯) Forgive many things in others; nothing in yourself. 宽恕他人之种种;你罪无存。 Madame Dorothe Deluzy (桃乐丝德路兹夫人) It is easier to forgive an enemy than a friend. 宽恕敌人比宽恕朋友容易

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语