Has Earths Gravitational Pull Been Changing? 地球的引力改变过吗? Don, why are you slouching? Dont you know its bad for you? 唐,为啥你无精打采?你不知道这对你不好? Did you know that about 200 tons of debris strike the

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

NASA Wants To Teach You About Hydroplaning 美国宇航局教你如何防滑 What is hydroplaning? 什么是打滑现象? Hydroplaning happens when a vehicle moves too quickly along a wet road. A layer of water accumulates under the tires; they lif

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Secondhand Smoke 二手烟 Secondhand smoke is the combination of sidestream smoke (the smoke given off by a burning tobacco product) and mainstream smoke (the smoke exhaled by a smoker). 二手烟包括侧流烟(烟草产品燃烧释放的烟)和主

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Lots of people have had dreams that seem to foretell the future. Some psychologists attribute this to retrieval cues. 很多人都曾做过似乎能预示未来的梦。一些心理学家把这种现象归因于复得线索。 Retrieval cues? 复得线

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Picture this: A foraging squirrel comes into range of a hungry, coiled rattlesnake. The squirrel realizes the danger too late--the rattlesnake strikes out and bites, fangs pumping venom deep into the squirrel's small body. The poison doesn't kill imm

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

In this Moment of Science Yael and Don discuss how women can see more color. Yael: Not only are eight percent of men colorblind, but even compared to men who can distinguish between reds and greens, many women may live a more colorful existence. That

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Jon Foley: Agriculture turns out to be one of the biggest emitters of greenhouse gases. About 30% of all of our greenhouse gases come from either clearing land or farming land we already have. That's more than all the worlds electricity. It's more th

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

A Plate of Peas My grandfather died when I was a small boy, and my grandmother started staying with us for about six months every year. She lived in a room that doubled as my father's office, which we referred to as the back room. She carried with he

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Many songs, poems, and books have been written on loves strong effect on people. The state of being in love has even been compared to being sick or insane. A study by Professor Semir Zeki of University College London has found that love does affect p

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(20) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Ontario plans to join British Columbia in regulating traditional Chinese medicine and acupuncture by the end of the year. Ontario Health Minister George Smitherman made the announcement Friday, as a government-appointed panel released its recommendat

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Think back to your college days, the good old days when life was easy. Stay up all night partying or even studying? No problem. Eat pizza every night and plow through entire bags of potato chips at one sitting. Hey, no sweat. You were a lean, mean, a

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

About six or seven million years ago chimpanzees and humans evolved from a common primate ancestor. Chimps went on to become the relatively small-brained, forest dwelling creatures we know and love. Humans went on to evolve large brains, spread throu

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

News in the age of information We are often told that the age of the information economy has arrived. The idea is that intellectual work is becoming a more important source of wealth than manufacturing. There are already too many factories for the nu

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Dear Annie: I have known Celia for five years and love her like a sister. A few months ago, I found out that Celia's husband is having an affair with a former employee. I know he meets this woman at various out-of-the-way places and that he leaves wo

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Not only does it soothe the savage beast, but music also makes unruly children calmer while at the same time honing their facilities for cognitive skills and physical coordination, according to a leading expert. A mother's soft lullaby, granddad's wh

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Love for Good Eating 热爱美食 At supper Johnson talked of good eating with uncommon satisfaction. Some people, said he, have a foolish way of not minding, or pretending not to mind, what they eat. For my part, I mind my belly very studiously, and

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Well be kindwe wont use any sound effects on todays program. Instead, imagine your eighth-grade classroom, and your childhood nemesis creeping quietly to the chalkboard. He shapes his hand like a claw, grins evilly, and slowly, torturously, drags his

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Climate Change May Actually Help Penguins 气候变暖可能有助于企鹅生存 Its time to go again to the A Moment of Science mailbag. A listener writes: Dear A Moment of Science,I know that climate change is making life difficult for polar bears

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Zero Gravity, Does It Exist? 零重力,是否真的存在? This Moment of Science: Is there such a thing a zero gravity? 本期科学一刻:是否真的存在零重力? No Zero Gravity 零重力,无稽之谈 Contrary to popular belief, ther

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Changing The Shape Of Your Pinnas 改变你耳廓的形状 The pinnas are the distinctive ridges in your outer ear. Everyone has slight differences in the shape of pinnas. Researchers have theorized that the brain has to learn the shape of its own ea

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选