Martin Luther King 马丁路德金 Martin Luther King was born on January 15, 1929 in Atlanta, Georgia. 马丁路德金1929年1月15日出生于佐治亚州的亚特兰大。 His father was the minister of the Ebenezer Baptist Church, 其父是埃比尼

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名人故事之政界精英

10 Friedrich Hegel 弗里德里希黑格尔 Hegel was born in Stuttgart on August 27,1770, the son of an official. 黑格尔于1770年8月27日出生于斯图加特,其父亲是一名官员, Urged by his pietist father to enter the clergy, he reg

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名人故事之政界精英

9 Immanuel Kant 伊曼努尔康德 Immanuels early childhood seems to have been idyllic. 康德小时候的生活像田园诗般优美。 The family was rather well off. The parents got along and loved their son. 家境殷实,父母恩爱,又疼爱

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名人故事之政界精英

Abraham Lincoln 亚伯拉罕林肯 August 12th, 1879 1879年8月12日 I see the President almost every day, as I happen to live where he passes to or from his lodgings out of town. He never sleeps at the White House during the hot season, but has qua

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

How Did Dogs Become Mans Best Friend? 狗是如何让成为人类最好的朋友的呢? Weve all heard the phrase dog is mans best friend. But how did dogs get to be so friendly with humans? It turns out that dog domestication wasnt simply a matter

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Astronomers And Cancer Researchers Work Together To Fight Cancer 天文学家和癌症研究者共同抗击癌症 At first glance, astronomers and cancer researchers may not seem to have a lot in common. After all, astronomers spend their time gazing

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Wealth Success and Love A woman saw three old men sitting in her front yard. She said, I dont think I know you, but you must be hungry. Please come in and have something to eat. We do not go into a house together. they replied. Why is that?she want

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Dear Annie: My best friend, Denise, recently moved back to our hometown after two years away. We talk every day, and there is hardly anything we keep from each other. The problem is, Denise is perpetually unhappy. Since she moved back, her negativity

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Dear A Moment of Science, 亲爱的的《科学一刻》栏目组, I hate going to the dentist. In fact, I openly fear it. Yet Ive never actually had a really bad or painful experience with a dentist. So why do I fear it so much? 我很讨厌看牙医

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Remember that hit song from the 80s that featured the chorus: And I would walk five hundred miles / and I would walk five hundred more / Just to be the man who walks a thousand miles / to fall down at your door? What sounds romantic in pop song fanta

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Researchers at Penn State University and the University of Buffalo have completed the most in depth bear DNA study to date. The project has revealed a lot about genetic relationships between bears, and also the unlikely romances that pepper their his

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Todays program is about an effect that not only have we all witnessed, but have participated in. Havent we all been on an elevator and noticed that just about everyone stops talking when they get on? Why do we do that? You can be having a perfectly p

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(20) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Dear A Moment of Science, 亲爱的《科学一刻》栏目组: I know that humans and chimps share something like 98 percent of our DNA. But what does this really mean? At least on the surface, humans and chimps seem very different we live in hous

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Heres something we tend to take for granted: drop a few ice cubes into a glass of water at room temperature, and in a few minutes the water will cool. How does this work? 有件事情我们总觉得理所当然:室温下把一些冰块放入水中,

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

On todays Moment of Science, well be sniffing our way through a controversial culinary conundrum: the great cilantro debate. 今天的《科学一刻》栏目,我们将来探讨一个有争议性的烹饪难题:关于香菜的大辩论。 Accordi

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Weve all been hearing about ongoing Mars exploration, and how water probably used to be abundant there. And a water spewing volcano was recently discovered on a small moon orbiting Saturn. Water is one sign that life may exist or have existed at some

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Did Ben Franklin really discover electricity with a kite? 本.富兰克林真的靠一只风筝发现了电吗? Everybody has heard the famous story of how pioneering experimenterand part-time founding fatherBen Franklin tied a key to a kite string

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Scientists Are Learning So Much About Dinosaur Nests 科学家深度研究恐龙巢穴 Tons of dinosaur fossils have been unearthed over the last hundred years. These long-buried bones tell us about the physical build and eating habits of dinosaurs.

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Even without the guidance of organized religion, some animals instinctively know that its a good thing to help others. 即使没有类似人类宗教的指引,有些动物仍能本能地救助处于危难中的其它动物。 A Helping Hand 伸出援

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

The Most Important Day in My Life 我人生中最重要的日子 The most important day I remember in all my life is the one on which my teacher, Anne Mansfield Sullivan, came to me. I am filled with wonder when I consider immeasurable contrasts betw

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(312) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选