When you have a cold or flu, the doctor (or Dr. Mom) may tell you to drink lots of fluids. But did they ever explain why you need to guzzle all that water and juice? The extra fluid helps prevent dehydration, which can make you feel even worse, and m

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(197) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

Am I a Chatterbox 我是个话匣子 SUNDAY, JUNE 21, 1942 1942年6月21日,星期日 Dearest Kitty, 最亲爱的基蒂: Our entire class is quaking in its boots. The reason, of course, is the upcoming meeting in which the teachers decide wholl b

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

My Pain 我的痛苦 I have told you, reader, that I had learnt to love Mr.Rochester: I could not unlove him now, vent('merely',event)merely because I found that he had vent('cease',event)ceased to notice mebecause I might pass hours in his presence,

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

The School 学校 Yes, study comes hard to you, my dear Enrico, as your mother says. I do not yet see you set out for school with that resolute mind and that smiling face which I should like. You are still intractable. But listen; reflect a little! W

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Franklin Roosevelt 富兰克林罗斯福 Franklin Roosevelt was one of the most important leaders of twentieth century America and perhaps in the whole span of American history. 富兰克林罗斯福是美国二十世纪,或许是整个美国历史上

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名人故事之政界精英

Oliver Cromwell 奥利弗.克伦威尔 Born in Huntingdon in 1599 to a relatively poor squirearchal family, 1599年,克伦威尔出生于亨延顿一个比较穷困的地主家庭。 Cromwell found religious zeal as a Puritan while studying at Camb

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名人故事之政界精英

Vladimir Putin 弗拉基米尔普京 He is fearless, altruistic, steel-willed, hospitable,unbelievably hardy, unpretentious and warm, 热情、无畏、无私、好客、谦逊、具有钢铁般的意志, and he has lost none of these qualities s

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名人故事之政界精英

Julius Caesar 尤里乌斯.凯撒 Nearly two thousand years ago there lived in Rome a man whose name was Julius Caesar. 大约两千年前,罗马有一个名叫尤利乌斯凯撒的人。 He was the greatest of all the Romans. 他是全体罗马人中

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名人故事之政界精英

Its time to go again to the A Moment of Science mailbag. A listener writes: 又到阅读《科学一刻》栏目来信的时间了。其中一个听众来信说: Dear A Moment of Science, 亲爱的《科学一刻》栏目组, Ive heard that ownin

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(18) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Oftentimes when we cry, we feel a lump in the throat. Does a lump actually form, or is there some other explanation? 很多时候,当我们哭泣时,我们会感到哽咽。难道是真的在喉咙中形成了块状物?或是有其它的解释?

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Peanuts are one of the worlds most nutritious foods. 花生是世界上最有营养的食品之一。 Peanuts contain pound for pound more protein, vitamins, and minerals than beef liver and more fat than heavy cream. For approximately .5% of America

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Todays Moment of Science digs up the story behind one of the grizzly bears more unusual nicknames: the Rototiller of the Rockies. 今天科学一刻将会深入挖掘灰熊的一个不同寻常的绰号背后的故事,这个绰号就是落基山脉的

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Few minor injuries are as painful as the dreaded paper cut. Just thinking about it probably makes you cringe. However, these cuts are usually small, hardly noticeable, and rarely bleed. So what makes them so painful? 很少有一些小伤能够像被纸

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

The History Of Smallpox天花的历史(双语) In Shakespeares day, wishing a pox on someone was a terrible curse. Ten percent of the population in 17th century London died gruesomely of smallpox, a virus spread easily by airborne particles or co

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

If blood didnt circulate through our bodies, carrying oxygen and nutrients, we wouldnt be able to live. Blood is so important to life that the body constantly makes new blood. 如果血液不能在我们身体内循环,为人体输送氧气和营养,

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Most of us have had the same experience. We see a big, red tomato in the grocery store, take it home for our salad, and find out that it tastes like cardboard. 大多数人都有过这样的经历,从商店里挑选出又大又红的番茄回去做沙

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Many people associate the metal gold with the color gold. But, some gold jewelry is not golden at all: its white. 很多人都认为金子就应该是金色。但一些黄金首饰的颜色并不是金色,而是白色。 Golden Color 金色 Gold is

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Did last nights dinner make you drool with anticipation? Did lunch have you licking your chops? According to research by teams from Thailand and Sweden, enjoying your food increases the nourishment your body receives from it. 昨天的晚餐有没有让

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

How Could I Love a Race of People Who Hated Me 我如何能热爱一个憎恨我的民族 There was a pretty strict system of segregation in Atlanta. For a long, long time I could not go swimming, until there was a Negro YMCA. A Negro child in Atlant

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

The Brightest Heaven of Invention 最璀璨的创新天堂 The saga of Steve Jobs is the Silicon Valley creation myth writ large: launching a startup in his parents,garage and building it into the world's most valuable company. He didn't invent man

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选