Amanda: Hi, Mike. What are you reading? Mike: Oh, these are just some books I picked up at a local poetry festival that took place a couple of weeks ago. Even though a lot of what the featured poets read wasn't in English, it was still neat to see th

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Mike: What're you doing up so early, Amanda? Have you decided to take up jogging in the park like me? Amanda: No, Mike. You know I really can't stand jogging. I've joined a yoga class at our local fitness center. I hear it's a great way to stay fit.

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(148) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

In the immortal words of Michael Corleone in The Godfather, Part II, My father always taught me: keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. Perhaps no creature has taken this advice more literally then the remora, also known as the sucker fish

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Fish live in water, but do they drink it? The answer is yes, but how fish drink water depends on where they live. Water gets into a fish's body through osmosis, the process in which water diffuses from a higher to a lower concentration. For example,

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Yael: I just read about an exciting technique. Researchers found a way to convert types A and B blood into type O blood--the type that can be transfused into any patient. This advance could help avoid blood shortages in the future. Don: Wow, that is

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Dear Annie: My girlfriend and I have been together for three years. When we first started dating, Mary unexpectedly became pregnant and we now have a beautiful child who is our life's joy. I would like to ask Mary to become my wife. Here's the proble

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Anyone who has vacationed in the higher elevations of Colorado, such as Vail and Estes Park, will tell you altitude sickness can be a real problem. Loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, weakness, dizziness, and difficulty sleeping can plague those visi

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

Old Fashioned Ice Cream Makers 老式冰淇淋机 Have you ever seen an old-fashioned ice cream maker? Nestled inside the wooden bucket, theres a metal canister with a hand crank on top. Cranking the handle scrapes the sweet, creamy mixture from the

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

17 Sigmund Freud 西格蒙德弗洛伊德 Sigmund Freud was born in 1856 in Moravia, which is now the Czech Republic. 西格蒙德弗洛伊德于1856年出生于现在的捷克共和国的摩拉维亚。 His family moved to Vienna when Sigmund was fo

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

6 Francis Bacon 6 弗朗西斯培根 Francis Bacon's words knowledge is power are well-known to us. 我们都知道弗朗西斯培根的名言知识就是力量。 This talented boy is so clever that he entered the Trinity College, Cambridge, at the

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名人故事之政界精英

2 Zhuangzi 2 庄子 Zhuangzi was probably the poorest among the philosophers before the Qin Dynasty. 在先秦哲学家中,庄子可能算是最穷困的了。 During the difficult times, according to his disciples, 根据他弟子的说法,在生活

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名人故事之政界精英

1 Confucius 1 孔子 Zhuangzi once characterized Confucius as saying, 庄子曾经这样描述孔子: You may forget me as I once was, but there is something unforgettable about me that will still live on. 虽忘乎故吾,吾有不忘者存。 Th

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 Flash趣味英语动画故事

Where Does The Brain Process Moral Decisions? 大脑的哪个部分与做道德决策有关呢? Yaeuml;l And Don Try An Experiment 雅艾尔和唐在做实验 Don: Yaeuml;l, suppose theres a trolley thats about to run over five people. Do you flip

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

The animated mock documentary Surf's Up is a delightfully rendered summer diversion in which a tiny Rockhopper penguin named Cody Maverick aspires to be a surfing champion. Young Cody (voiced by Shia LaBeouf) is discovered in his native Shiverpool by

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

The title track of Black Rose's newest CD, is called Sky Stamp. It opens with a traditional Mongolian long-song: This is the music of vast open spaces and big blue skies. It is the music of Mongolian nomads, calling out across the grasslands, soothin

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

The massive earthquake that struck Chile in February 2010 might have shortened Earth's day by 1.26 microseconds, according to calculations by a NASA scientist. An EarthSky Facebook friend asked us how. And the answer is for the day to get shorter, Ea

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

If you wipe a finger across a household surface that hasnt been cleaned in the last few days, chances are youll come into contact with dust. Look around and youll find the stuff everywhere, from the particles floating in a sunbeam to the fine layer o

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Youve just snacked on rice cakes. Why are you still hungry? That yummy feeling of being pleasantly full depends partly on the weight and volume of what you eat. As the stomach churns away at a large enough weight and volume of food, you start feeling

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

The Color Of The Universe 宇宙的颜色 When we look up into the night sky it seems black, but scientists have observed something different. In this Moment of Science we discuss the color of the universe. 当我们仰望夜空的时候,它看上去

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Its time to go again to the A Moment of Science mailbag. A listener writes: 又到了我们查看《科学一刻》栏目读者来信的时候了,一位听众这样写道: Dear A Moment of Science, 亲爱的《科学一刻》栏目, My husband

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选